ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 10 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Congrats and best of luck to all the ESCC teams in the playoffs. Overall it seems like a down year for the conference, but I think a few teams can make some playoff noise.

Class 5A:

Sterling-28 Viator-14...Lots of talk already about a potential upset. I'm not so sure I see it.

MCC-24 Antioch-21...'Canes are healthy and ready to make a run.

Class 6A:

Naz-45 Springfield-14...Admittedly know very little about Springfield. But did see they got blown out by SHG. I can't see them slowing down the speed of the Roadrunners.

Class 7A:

Benet-31 Maine West-21...Maine West is a great story. However, they are not the most battle-tested team. Good draw for the Redwings.

Class 8A:

Marist-28 OPRF-17...No such thing as an easy draw in 8A, but OPRF has to be one of the best 5-4 teams in the state. I think Marist struggles early but defense holds tight late and forces a few turnovers.

ND-14 Minooka-10...Two defensive-minded teams. Think this will be a low-scoring, hard-hitting game. Gavin gets a couple TDs and Dons move on.

MCC/Antioch is an interesting match up. I expect a pretty full house, anyone have experience attending games at Antioch?

Any word on all conference? I have heard rumblings in the neighborhood that Gavin won Player of the Year.

That trumps PJJP's ESCC playoff preparation philosophy a bit.
I do like the draws that some of the larger schools received, especially Benet.

Sterling over Viator....I tend to side with some of the Sterling posters. This looks like a very good Sterling team. The Week 9 rout of DeKalb was impressive.

MCC over Antioch...have to be impressed with MCC winning 3 in a row to qualify, especially the win over ND. They seem to have gotten healthy in the nick of time. They could do some damage in 5A.

Naz over Springfield....really like Naz' draw. I also like them over SHG in the quarters. A possible semi against Crete or Provi will be tough, but not insurmountable.

Benet over Maine West....nice draw for the Redwings. Not sure about the health of the senior QB, but with a win they should get Hononegah in Round 2, which would be in Lisle. I can see quarterfinal run.

Marist over OPRF....like the draw for the Redhawks. Nothing is easy in 8A, and they could lose this or the next game (Lyons). However, this is a good draw for 8A. Loyola in the quarters would seem to be the end of the line, if they get there. As I've stated, I don't think the ESCC prepares 8A teams for the playoffs as well as other larger school conferences.

ND over Minooka....both teams have strong defenses. Minooka does not have anyone the caliber of Ty Gavin on offense. He should be the difference in a low scoring game on a probable muddy track. Barrington looms in Round 2, but one playoff win would be a successful 8A run for the Dons, IMO.

He knows they have been announced. Just wants you to say how good he is. Been strokin' ND all year.

I haven't "been stroking" ND all year. I have said in the past that Ty Gavin is the best player in the conference and I still stand by it, as do the ESCC coaches apparently>

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Sterling 28 Viators 7
Antioch 34 MCC 14
Naz 41 Springfield 10
Benet 27 Maine West 6
Marist 38 OPRF 17
ND 10 Minooka 6

Viator over Sterling (more of a hope than what I believe)
Antioch over MCC-should be a close one
Naz over Springfield-easy one for Naz
Benet over MW-great story out of Des Plaines but Benet is playoff tested
Marist over OPRF-going to make a serious run
Minooka over ND- ND defense will keep them in the game. A toss up

Reactions: Hillini74
I do like the draws that some of the larger schools received, especially Benet.

Sterling over Viator....I tend to side with some of the Sterling posters. This looks like a very good Sterling team. The Week 9 rout of DeKalb was impressive.

MCC over Antioch...have to be impressed with MCC winning 3 in a row to qualify, especially the win over ND. They seem to have gotten healthy in the nick of time. They could do some damage in 5A.

Naz over Springfield....really like Naz' draw. I also like them over SHG in the quarters. A possible semi against Crete or Provi will be tough, but not insurmountable.

Benet over Maine West....nice draw for the Redwings. Not sure about the health of the senior QB, but with a win they should get Hononegah in Round 2, which would be in Lisle. I can see quarterfinal run.

Marist over OPRF....like the draw for the Redhawks. Nothing is easy in 8A, and they could lose this or the next game (Lyons). However, this is a good draw for 8A. Loyola in the quarters would seem to be the end of the line, if they get there. As I've stated, I don't think the ESCC prepares 8A teams for the playoffs as well as other larger school conferences.

ND over Minooka....both teams have strong defenses. Minooka does not have anyone the caliber of Ty Gavin on offense. He should be the difference in a low scoring game on a probable muddy track. Barrington looms in Round 2, but one playoff win would be a successful 8A run for the Dons, IMO.
It's the sophomore all the way for Benet. Not sure there is too much difference between the two at this point. The senior had five varsity starts and the sophomore four varsity starts. Feel terrible for the senior, but long term for program sophomore getting a couple of playoffs starts should be an advantage the next couple of years.

Viator over sterling - sorry but every hear we hear “this is the best Sterling team yet” Remember Last year...we all just knew they would finally take care of Vernon, who was damn good!

MCC over Antioch- toss up

Marist gets a round 1 win before the real test ( keep in mind we expected this same result last year?)

Naz over Springfield- the Dline of the runners has a field day..for a round 1 game if the Runners take care of business the result will be heavily scrutinized for further predictions in 6A

ND vs Minooka- this is one of the best matchups of the weekend IMO! So glad Naz is Sat..I’ll be making the 6 mile trip Friday night to see this one for sure! Old school Defensive battle coming...stop Ty and the Indians win! I’m more interested to see how the ND coaches prepare by finding other ways to get him the ball...Minooka fields a stout Run D that fly to the ball! ND will by far be the most physical team Minooka has seen- it may be the difference in 4th qtr. ND 16 Minooka 13

Reactions: Hillini74
The lower half of the East Suburban Catholic was very weak this year and in 2016. Hence, the upper half is less tested. I think the ESC will perform poorly in the playoffs and most of your posts are too optimistic.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
I like all the escc draws. Viator could have trouble this week but can win that game. The rest of the conference wins.

The lower half of the East Suburban Catholic was very weak this year and in 2016. Hence, the upper half is less tested. I think the ESC will perform poorly in the playoffs and most of your posts are too optimistic.
So pick all the games this round, we shall see if you or them are right.

Ripping people's picks and not making your own, okay...

Sterling over Viator- Not confident in this pick, I think it will be a good game that can go either way, but if Sterling is as good as people are making them out to be I find it hard not to pick them, and the 31-3 W over DeKalb last week makes it even harder not to with Sterling
MCC over Antioch- Another game that I find very interesting here. I have heard some great things about Antioch all year, and I'm not sure if it is just a good story or if they really are as good as they are made out to be, either way I feel bad for Antioch after having a great season and then getting this draw. With that being said, I think this game should be a decently close one and one that should fun to watch, but the Canes have hands down played better opponents than Antioch and I think it will show on Friday night
Naz over Springfield- Don't know anything about Springfield but I do know that Naz is dynamite!
Benet over Maine West- Great draw for Benet
Marist over OPRF- I think this one will be fun to watch for the most part because OPRF is a very good 5 win team, but I firmly expect to see Marist pull away in the 4th quarter
Minooka over ND- Just not a ton of confidence in ND for me, and if Minooka's defense is as good as described I think it will tough for ND as they have only scored 28 points in the past two weeks, but if it is a defensive battle that might be enough for ND, but I don't have that much confidence in them so Minooka in a close one

Reactions: nell95
Class 5A:

Sterling- Viator = Viator +1 - the toughest of the picks due to injuries at Viator. Well coached, if either one of those RBs is able to play, should be OK.

MCC- Antioch- +10 - Fortunately for MCC, survived some tough circumstances with a meat grinder schedule (for their size) and they get healthy at right time combine it with probably the shortest bus trip they have had this year and they win.

Class 6A:

Naz- Springfield = Naz +21 - speed

Class 7A:

Benet- Maine West = Benet +7 - Defense steps up.

Class 8A:

Marist- OPRF = Marist +14. Marist has same level of talent as last year, but, seemed much crisper, disciplined and executed better than last year in games I saw them in. Very business like. Very much playing a "team" game. Marist will have a deep run this year.

ND- Minooka = ND + 10, Gavin left, Gavin right, Gavin in the middle, run lots of clock grind it out go up and over in the 4th Q.

Sterling over Viator - Sterling has been rolling everybody all year long...keeps going tonight unfortunately.

MCC over Antioch - The Canes are as healthy as they have been since Week 3. Offense is starting to roll and they are one focused team right now. Poor Antioch.

Naz over Springfield - Blind guessing here too but Naz is Naz in this one.

Benet over Maine West - Benet's DEF is the key to this game...very physical and confident unit.

Marist over Oak Park River Forest - great 8A draw for Marist and have the tools everywhere to make a nice run.

Notre Dame over Minooka - ESCC player of the year keeps the chains moving all game long.

Good luck to ALL ESCC teams.

Reactions: Coachbell88
Sterling over Viator - Sterling has been rolling everybody all year long...keeps going tonight unfortunately.

MCC over Antioch - The Canes are as healthy as they have been since Week 3. Offense is starting to roll and they are one focused team right now. Poor Antioch.

Naz over Springfield - Blind guessing here too but Naz is Naz in this one.

Benet over Maine West - Benet's DEF is the key to this game...very physical and confident unit.

Marist over Oak Park River Forest - great 8A draw for Marist and have the tools everywhere to make a nice run.

Notre Dame over Minooka - ESCC player of the year keeps the chains moving all game long.

Good luck to ALL ESCC teams.

Blind or not, your guess of Naz over Springfield is right on. I've seen several of Springfield's games this year, 'nuff said!

Viator over sterling - sorry but every hear we hear “this is the best Sterling team yet” Remember Last year...we all just knew they would finally take care of Vernon, who was damn good!

MCC over Antioch- toss up

Marist gets a round 1 win before the real test ( keep in mind we expected this same result last year?)

Naz over Springfield- the Dline of the runners has a field day..for a round 1 game if the Runners take care of business the result will be heavily scrutinized for further predictions in 6A

ND vs Minooka- this is one of the best matchups of the weekend IMO! So glad Naz is Sat..I’ll be making the 6 mile trip Friday night to see this one for sure! Old school Defensive battle coming...stop Ty and the Indians win! I’m more interested to see how the ND coaches prepare by finding other ways to get him the ball...Minooka fields a stout Run D that fly to the ball! ND will by far be the most physical team Minooka has seen- it may be the difference in 4th qtr. ND 16 Minooka 13

48-0 Sterling with a running clock, what do you say now Prowler?

Well done...no quick comeback from me; I say- I was wrong! Not enough research - I should’ve known better and went with what I knew for sure...the bad St V team I witnessed with my own eyes! Congrats, good luck moving forward Warrior

Reactions: Golden Warrior
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT