ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles @ Bears

Parkey has been the opposite of clutch this year. Makes most of the kicks when the game ISN’T on the line and when it is, he misses.

Sports are fixed and this game is my proof. If a writer wrote that ending the editor would send it back for being too cheesy.

Reactions: kkhawk
They’ll be back in playoffs next year with a new kicker and another year of experience for Mitch at QB and Nagy as a HC. Arrow still pointing up for this team.

Parkey just took some more of the heat off of Steve Bartman.

Reactions: Wassup13
Parkey scored more points than the Offense and the new found hero QB. Just saying also the NFL has no idea when it comes to rule interpretation/s. And last but not least, is a too small tablet the best choice to determine these replays by placing them in a cardboard box? Bring back the hood!

Why did we go for 2 up 5?

Well I know but wished we just kicked the extra point.

They’ll be back in playoffs next year with a new kicker and another year of experience for Mitch at QB and Nagy as a HC. Arrow still pointing up for this team.

Is Parkey really Steve Bartman?

What's with this Bartman crap from you guys? Alou finally admitted what anyone with brains knew all along: Alou had no chance to catch that ball

Correctly or incorrectly Bartman was blamed. That’s the only comparison I was making. Personally, I thought Bartman caught a bad rap.

Reactions: Gene K.
Definitely I never blamed Bartman at all and not because I'm a Sox fan.

Like Long said Parkey scored half their points tonight. It's a team loss.

Cant expect to win a playoff game scoring only one TD.

A great defense with an average offense cant expect to win many playoff games.

This was a blessed year everything went right and in the end they found a way to blow it. Winning year to year is harder in the NFL then in any other sport do to all the variables. Who knows how the defense will look next year if Fangio leaves.

This was a blessed year everything went right and in the end they found a way to blow it. Winning year to year is harder in the NFL then in any other sport do to all the variables. Who knows how the defense will look next year if Fangio leaves.

Not an optimistic viewpoint but no less credible than mine. The core and key impact players will be back and like I mentioned this was a learning and growing year and they did learn and grow. They exceeded expectations for this season. I don’t think they were lucky. In fact, quite the opposite. If they were lucky, they would have pulled out a couple more wins.

This team is legit. Fangio leaving would definitely be a loss but not one they couldn’t overcome to make the postseason. Eagles did it this year with 9 wins.

Looks like at the video the kick was tipped at the line of scrimmage.

And if finishing with the No.1 overall defense and a 12-4 record is mediocre then mediocre isn’t bad for h second youngest team in the league.

Reactions: CPSFan
Not an optimistic viewpoint but no less credible than mine. The core and key impact players will be back and like I mentioned this was a learning and growing year and they did learn and grow. They exceeded expectations for this season. I don’t think they were lucky. In fact, quite the opposite. If they were lucky, they would have pulled out a couple more wins.

This team is legit. Fangio leaving would definitely be a loss but not one they couldn’t overcome to make the postseason. Eagles did it this year with 9 wins.

They may very well be great next year but only 5/12 teams from last years playoffs made it this year and 3/12 from the previous year made it to last years playoffs, the NFL is grind and every year is totally different unless your the Patriots.

The Bears had a great year and everything came together hopefully they can do it next year since they will have a much smaller window then most teams due to lack of draft picks and the amount of guys on favorable contracts that will want to get paid soon.

I didn't have a good feeling about this game from the time the Eagles became their 1st round opponent, they are after all the reigning champs regardless of 2018 record.

One of the things that struck me was for all the good moves Pace made....one of his biggest mistakes continues to haunt him....letting Robbie Gould go. They haven't had an adequate NFL kicker since Gould was shown the door. It's one thing to let a valuable piece go and presumably theorize that kickers are replaceable, but you actually have to find an adequate replacement. Pace has yet to find one to replace Gould, and they gave Parkey a lot of money.

One of the things that struck me was for all the good moves Pace made....one of his biggest mistakes continues to haunt him....letting Robbie Gould go. They haven't had an adequate NFL kicker since Gould was shown the door. It's one thing to let a valuable piece go and presumably theorize that kickers are replaceable, but you actually have to find an adequate replacement. Pace has yet to find one to replace Gould, and they gave Parkey a lot of money.
I actually do believe letting Gould go was the right move. He had come off a bad year, was apparently becoming a bit of a lockerroom malcolent and was paid well. He's even since said I think that he needed a little bit of that kick in the ass.

But yea, nit being able to adequately fill that spot has been costly.

An NFL kicker HAS to hit a 40 yard field goal 19 out of 20 times regardless of game situation. That Parkey Guy has had an incredibly shaky season and they should have released him when he missed 3 FGs in one game.....

Reactions: kkhawk and Gene K.
An NFL kicker HAS to hit a 40 yard field goal 19 out of 20 times regardless of game situation. That Parkey Guy has had an incredibly shaky season and they should have released him when he missed 3 FGs in one game.....

Very hard to have your postseason end on what should be a very make-able FG for a pro NFL kicker. He also blew a W in Miami by missing another easy FG in OT and then the disaster against the Lions. Overall, He went 17 for 24 in FGs over 30 yards. That’s a 70% success rate.

To me, this is equivalent to a major league outfielder dropping a routine fly ball that would have otherwise won a playoff game, but resulted in a loss and elimination. There is absolutely no excuse. None.

They have to get rid of this guy regardless of the $.

What was extra annoying was Parkey joining a prayer circle after the game. I considered it to be a slap in the face to the fans and his teammates. Note after one of his earlier grand clinkers, he said, in effect, that what was most important was that he was right with God. I don't think God cares if he makes it or not.

His concentration should have been on how he messed up so royally. He should pray in private. How many of you pray at the office at the end of the day ... or the job site?

Reactions: Gene K.
Parkey was not very good all season, but how much of blame goes to the kicker when the ball is tipped? Or blocked for that matter?

People want to rail on Parkey, but there’s blame to be shared. He missed the last one. Why didn’t the defense keep Philadelphia out of the end zone on that last drive? Anything short of allowing a touchdown would have worked.

With all that said, Parkey should not and almost certainly will not be on the roster for next season.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Parkey has 4 million guaranteed coming to him next season. He'll be in camp next year to collect. Expect the Bears to keep him around next year unfortunately because nobody will take on that contract so their going to get what they can out of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT