ADVERTISEMENT

E.ST.LOUIS at Rock Island

Popular thinking is that if East Side does not concubine each opponent through the bracket, they can’t be considered the state’s best.

So, wreak Hell on folks and eliminate any doubt.
Admittedly I went to Merriam-Webster to decipher concubine and I’m further confused. But it was good nonetheless.

To the folks in Rock Island: I remember back in 2008 when ESL traveled to Duchon Field in Glen Ellyn to play Glenbard West in the 7A semi finals. Final score was 27-20 ESL. It was one of the best HS football games I've ever seem, against a great program at ESL. It was THE game that started GW's as one of the dominate program in Illinois. So, if you're in Rock Island, play them as hard as you can and see what happens against one of the best. And even if you get beat, the ESL fans are really nice and dont gloat!

They've never played them before. Trust and believe they will be ready for any and everything.

Sterling beat Rock Island by 4 TDS in the regular season, I could not believe Rock Island beat Dunlap, in round 1, they were undefeated in their conference and champs of the MId Illini. I’d like to see RI give them a game but I doubt it.

Richards went down there and beat them in the 2013 semis. Not saying they're going to win, but they're not going to lay down.
Weather conditions played a huge part in that win. Also ESL had 3 touchdowns called back. Richards won 7-6. It was a great game but my gut tells me this year will be different.

Reactions: jobou127
Weather conditions played a huge part in that win. Also ESL had 3 touchdowns called back. Richards won 7-6. It was a great game but my gut tells me this year will be different.
Would love for Richards to win but I think we all know how it’s gonna end.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I hate making predictions in the playoffs about Eastside and Edwardsville. I Feel like I jinks things as in the past two years I picked Eastside over Mt. Carmel and it didn't turn out that way. Still have to go with Eastside by a wide margin over Rock Island and Richards. I'm not quite convinced yet that anyone in 6A will give Eastside a game.

I also hate making predictions about the Flyers. The talent there is tremendous but I just think they lack enthusiasm in my opinion. The QB and the RB seem to stay charged but the rest of the team always look overly calm.

ESL in a blowout. Nobody in 6A is going to give them a game.

No one can beat ESL if they are playing well. However Richards and the 4 others left in the bracket are good enough to take advantage of sloppy or disinterested play. I'm not sure Rock Island can beat them even if ESL played poorly today.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Two teams played ESL tough and both are 8A playing today. No one in 6A will hang. Richards can but their D isn’t capable I don’t think.

Reactions: Footballguy3032
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT