ADVERTISEMENT

Does NFHS still suck?

IgorStL

Nov 6, 2017
I haven't had to deal with it in a couple of years, but it looks like at least one of my son's road games still uses NFHS instead of youtube. Does it still cut out intermittently? It was an absolutely miserable watching experience a couple of years ago.

Reactions: CayneSmith2021
I haven't had to deal with it in a couple of years, but it looks like at least one of my son's road games still uses NFHS instead of youtube. Does it still cut out intermittently? It was an absolutely miserable watching experience a couple of years ago.
JCA used it for home basketball this year and we had no problems.

Reactions: IgorStL
As a general hosting platform and customer service...yes. However, most poor streams are the host schools fault. For example, every time I try and watch an MC game it's usually through what feels like 2 windows, dense fog, and a "half box" view.

It depends on the WIFI strength of the school broadcasting. Football stadium WIFI strength has been spotty but imprvoing last few years.

As a general hosting platform and customer service...yes. However, most poor streams are the host schools fault. For example, every time I try and watch an MC game it's usually through what feels like 2 windows, dense fog, and a "half box" view.
I remember a playoff game a few years ago that had a motion detecting camera behind a wet window. Terrible, but I've seen a lot of good broadcasts as well.

WWS broadcast was really solid good video quality and no loading/ freeze issues, they spent some money to upgrade their bandwidth and it showed. Also rather then have announcers they opted to just use the PA system which made it a much more enjoyable watch.

I had better luck with Chrome than I did with Firefox or Edge. Closing every tab but one helped eliminate buffering problems.

Yes it cut out at least 5xs on me last night for a total of about 30 min

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT