ADVERTISEMENT

Disabato's Report Card grades

I think you are projecting your own thoughts.

If anything I am inferring they need better coverage, seems they cut it all.

Not many papers give better coverage to their high school sports area than the Southtown in 2018. The Sun-times only covers Football and Basketball and that is with a handful of people.

Reactions: JolietWest89
Not many papers give better coverage to their high school sports area than the Southtown in 2018. The Sun-times only covers Football and Basketball and that is with a handful of people.
Sad

Absolutely true. The actual Tribune gives very, very little coverage to prep sports .. the Sun-Times is much better,but no one goes to the efforts of The Southtown.

I mentioned it a couple of years ago that the local major newspapers misread the market. As print was/is dying, I said the last subscribers would be parents’ of high schoolers if the coverage was there. I get all my national stuff and local 5 pro team stuff from twitter

Reactions: epicbret
Don't know if anyone else posted this but did he really put Hillcrest over JCA? Obviously JCA was a much better team regardless of the two teams records.

Don't know if anyone else posted this but did he really put Hillcrest over JCA? Obviously JCA was a much better team regardless of the two teams records.
I did the same thing, it's not in an order instead a category lol

I think it was more of a shot at the HC and Admin for this huge mess.
Scheduling Provi and WWS in Weeks 1 and 2 of this past season looks questionable for a struggling program. Next season they have Grandville (MI) and WWS again non-con. Throw in LWE, H-F, Bolingbrook and LWC in the conference schedule and 2019 will be tough for the Porters again.

Scheduling Provi and WWS in Weeks 1 and 2 of this past season looks questionable for a struggling program. Next season they have Grandville (MI) and WWS again non-con. Throw in LWE, H-F, Bolingbrook and LWC in the conference schedule and 2019 will be tough for the Porters again.
Didn't HC Starkey have Lockport in the playoffs last season? Also there is a new AD there, does he make a move? Give Starkey one last chance?

I don't follow Lockport as much any more because the Porters are not in the same conference as Joliet West but they should be doing better. That said I agree with Cross Bones, really harsh for Disabato to hammer the kids like that. And that scheduling? Good grief!

Didn't HC Starkey have Lockport in the playoffs last season? Also there is a new AD there, does he make a move? Give Starkey one last chance?

I don't follow Lockport as much any more because the Porters are not in the same conference as Joliet West but they should be doing better. That said I agree with Cross Bones, really harsh for Disabato to hammer the kids like that. And that scheduling? Good grief!
Lockport was last a playoff qualifier in 2016 coming in at 6-3. My hat is off to anyone willing to be a Head FB Coach - it is not as easy to win as it may look from the outside.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Southtown does a good job of following hs football ,reporters could use some seasoning.

It’s now more a pamphlet than a news paper. I subscribe because it’s the cheapest way to get the tribune on line. It’s owned by the tribune. It’s popular in Beverly because of all of the kids playing high school sports (MC, SR, BR, Mother McCauley, Marist). I only really look at the Sunday edition for the sales flyers. I think if they get away from covering prep sport’s and/or get rid of the prep reporters it would fold as soon as the paid subscriptions expire.
I only read the Beverly Review!

I only read the Beverly Review!
Wow! I’d thought you’d be reading old Dragnet novels!

We get it too. My bride belongs to the BAPA organization. She likes to go to the Beverly Arts Center. Once in a blue moon I’ll go with her, but most of the time it’s old broads from Beverly drinking white wine. My buddies found a nice MC bar called Kelly’s while they get shit faced. Bartender was a MC from the 60's who played at Michigan. Got a lot of MC tips and clues. But Home Run bought for a parking lot. Nice run thou this year.

Pat wrote of our kids: "Only one victory came against a team with winning record."

So if we would have lost to those teams, it would likely have been written that we were awful.

We took our butt-kickings this year against the elite teams (LA, Carmel) and we gave some out. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Whatever. Our kids had a great season. We're proud of the Meteors. End of discussion.

On one hand Pat covers a lot of schools and I think does give great coverage in the process. On the other hand there have been times when I think he could have used better judgment. There was the hit piece he put out on a kid and his dad after they left Marian of the Heights that I thought was beyond the pale.

Reactions: mullin17
How in the world do you put Hillcrest on any type of “honor” roll after their conduct in the JCA game. Now that my friends, was shameful.

being a downstater i don't know what happened, please elaborate.

Pat wrote of our kids: "Only one victory came against a team with winning record."

So if we would have lost to those teams, it would likely have been written that we were awful.

We took our butt-kickings this year against the elite teams (LA, Carmel) and we gave some out. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Whatever. Our kids had a great season. We're proud of the Meteors. End of discussion.
Argo only got 1 win over a team with a winning record(2 of EP wins were by FFT) yet they got high honors

Unless I’m misreading this, I’m puzzled by this comment. This board loves coaches that schedule tough, and eviscerates weak scheduling.

Unless I’m misreading this, I’m puzzled by this comment. This board loves coaches that schedule tough, and eviscerates weak scheduling.
I think more scheduling to your level. But I guess with PC being a neighborhood game and WWS' previous records the schedule was understable. However, they could have scheduled more winnable games without going the CPS route and I don't think anyone would blame them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT