ADVERTISEMENT

Disabato's Report Card grades

Interesting he has Mount Carmel but no Simeon, considering it is both south and west of MC.

Wonder what the logic is.

I don’t want to sound like a jerk but Ag School made the playoffs.Hats off but Honor Roll? They beat marginal CPS teams then destroyed each year in round 1.Argo has a Coach I do have high hopes for.They have numbers issues which are working their way up hopefully.They need to get decent numbers for all 3 levels instead of having 2 levels.If the players get in trouble like reported they should be disciplined,charges or not.4-5 record.Oak Lawn should not have beaten them especially by running clock,They blew games vs Wheaton St Francis & Reavis & a good Shepard team.As good as Richards was Argo started hot,turned it over in the Red Zone & folded like a tent.Argo was not 50-0 worse than Richards.They lost a lot of Sr’s which will hurt.They should have made the playoffs but you gotta pick & choose your battles.4-5 but easily could have been 0-9 like always so there you have that.Hope the program keeps going but low numbers have haunted Argo since the 70’s

Joliet Catholic (10-4): "How many people had JCA winning the 5A state title in their playoff pool?"

Not Edgytim. He was 2-3 in his JCA playoff picks. Picked them to lose against Metamora, Highland and Montini.

But who's counting? :cool:

Does the Southtown do a final rankings or just the report card?

How in the world do you put Hillcrest on any type of “honor” roll after their conduct in the JCA game. Now that my friends, was shameful.

Reactions: Gene K.
What happened?
At one point during the game, the entire team came out on the field to protest a call made by the officials. When the game was out of reach in the second half, it looked like they were ready to walk off the field. Instead of walking off, they started late hitting and cheap shotting JCA players. Bush league.

They deliver to Mount Carmel's area and schools SE of it but not Simeons, ? So is there just a whole in the delivery area map?

They cover MC because most of the MC student base lives in their coverage area. DelaSalle is really the only outlier.

They deliver to Mount Carmel's area and schools SE of it but not Simeons, ? So is there just a whole in the delivery area map?
The Daily Southtown (formerly SouthtownStar) is a newspaper of the Chicago, Illinois, United States metropolitan area that covers the south suburbs and the South Side neighborhoods of the city – a wide region known as the Chicago Southland. Its popular slogan is "People Up North Just Don't Get It" (a pun).
The Chicago Southland is the suburban region south and southwest of the City of Chicago, made up of approximately 62 municipalities. This region has been known as the Chicago Southland by the local populace and regional media for over 20 years.
daily_southtown-1.png

They Deliver to Beverly, Morgan Park, Mount Greenwood hence MC SR, MP are covered because of where their base is living.

What is your issue exactly?
No issue, but They aren't covering all the teams on the Southside. I never knew they just skipped a whole area of the city. Seems like a misrepresentation of the name.

Okay, so why no CPS schools at all? Hubbard, Bogan, Kennedy are all in the coverage area.

They cover Ag and Morgan Park. They cover over 40 schools with maybe two full time prep people and I am not sure about the second guy.

I think years ago they covered all those schools but it has changed since I lived there in late 89.I get the Reporter & they no longer cover Argo,Eisenhower,Reavis.Southtown used to cover South/SouthEast/SouthWest sides of Chicago.They used to have a primo high school football preview issue & some awesome,long write ups.That has all changed

Reactions: juschill
I think years ago they covered all those schools but it has changed since I lived there in late 89.I get the Reporter & they no longer cover Argo,Eisenhower,Reavis.Southtown used to cover South/SouthEast/SouthWest sides of Chicago.They used to have a primo high school football preview issue & some awesome,long write ups.That has all changed

That was before the old Southtown merged with the Star.

You love Argo... lol

Okay, so why no CPS schools at all? Hubbard, Bogan, Kennedy are all in the coverage area.
Perhaps they’ve done market research & determined that Simeon, Hubbard, Bogan & Kennedy alums or fans don’t read their paper. Why are you such a pretentious dick?

When the Chicago Tribune bought them the coverage area got smaller, but the Trib articles get published in the Southtown and Southtown articles get in the Trib. If the Trib writes about Bogan's basketball team it's published in the Southtown.

When the Chicago Tribune bought them the coverage area got smaller, but the Trib articles get published in the Southtown and Southtown articles get in the Trib. If the Trib writes about Bogan's basketball team it's published in the Southtown.
Thank you for an explanation instead of just getting pissed about someone questioning your local paper.

I'm pretentious for asking? I don't think u know what that means.
Yes I do, so take your attempt at intellectual bullying elsewhere. It wasn’t hard to see what you were inferring when you asked about why they don’t cover Simeon. Take that stuff somewhere else.

Thank you for an explanation instead of just getting pissed about someone questioning your local paper.
It’s now more a pamphlet than a news paper. I subscribe because it’s the cheapest way to get the tribune on line. It’s owned by the tribune. It’s popular in Beverly because of all of the kids playing high school sports (MC, SR, BR, Mother McCauley, Marist). I only really look at the Sunday edition for the sales flyers. I think if they get away from covering prep sport’s and/or get rid of the prep reporters it would fold as soon as the paid subscriptions expire.

It’s now more a pamphlet than a news paper. I subscribe because it’s the cheapest way to get the tribune on line. It’s owned by the tribune. It’s popular in Beverly because of all of the kids playing high school sports (MC, SR, BR, Mother McCauley, Marist). I only really look at the Sunday edition for the sales flyers. I think if they get away from covering prep sport’s and/or get rid of the prep reporters it would fold as soon as the paid subscriptions expire.
Smart man

Yes I do, so take your attempt at intellectual bullying elsewhere. It wasn’t hard to see what you were inferring when you asked about why they don’t cover Simeon. Take that stuff somewhere else.
I think you are projecting your own thoughts.

If anything I am inferring they need better coverage, seems they cut it all.

Reactions: Cross Bones
ADVERTISEMENT