ADVERTISEMENT

This is becoming a weekly occurrence

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...0230916-fx3x6eue2vhxzlcnxutlfsokqu-story.html Edgy, I know these threads go south quickly. I’m sorry but those of us that love to experience the games in person need to get the message out of what’s going on. I don’t have the answer, you don’t, none of us do. God rest this young soul taken so tragically. 🙏🏻
Agree 100 percent and this is no question becoming a bigger and bigger issue....but it won't get solved on a message board and the second this goes political it will be removed. .

Reactions: blais922 and eireog
Awful stuff, was there a few weeks ago for the tilt between Hillcrest and Montini. Madness. RIP.

RIP and condolences to all impacts.

At some point, I imagine some school leaders need to question having games on Friday night games instead of during the day on Saturday.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...0230916-fx3x6eue2vhxzlcnxutlfsokqu-story.html Edgy, I know these threads go south quickly. I’m sorry but those of us that love to experience the games in person need to get the message out of what’s going on. I don’t have the answer, you don’t, none of us do. God rest this young soul taken so tragically. 🙏🏻

eireog:

After the incident at Mount Carmel a few weeks back, I won't be returning to 64th and Dante until safety and security is restored to Chicago streets. I'd prefer to rail at a poor NFHS feed from home than hear gunfire or have a Glock shoved in my face.

edgy: You can remove this thread and brand me the cause for its deletion if you choose, but I do believe I have at least one solution to this vexing problem: Lawmakers need to make crime illegal again.

eireog:

After the incident at Mount Carmel a few weeks back, I won't be returning to 64th and Dante until safety and security is restored to Chicago streets. I'd prefer to rail at a poor NFHS feed from home than hear gunfire or have a Glock shoved in my face.

edgy: You can remove this thread and brand me the cause for its deletion if you choose, but I do believe I have at least one solution to this vexing problem: Lawmakers need to make crime illegal again.
Stay at home then.

RIP and condolences to all impacts.

At some point, I imagine some school leaders need to question having games on Friday night games instead of during the day on Saturday.
With Hillcrest being one high school of 4 in the district, not shifting to Saturdays across the board could be problematic?

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, rumors around the neighborhood saying that the young person tragically killed Friday night was a student at Brother Rice High school up until recently. I’ll never understand the disrespect for life and what could possibly make anyone murder let alone a 15 year old kid who has his entire life ahead of him. Something has to change that’s for sure.

Reactions: eireog
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, rumors around the neighborhood saying that the young person tragically killed Friday night was a student at Brother Rice High school up until recently. I’ll never understand the disrespect for life and what could possibly make anyone murder let alone a 15 year old kid who has his entire life ahead of him. Something has to change that’s for sure.
I’ve coached kids that their lives have gone in the wrong direction. I’ve witnessed kids that played with my kids choose the wrong path in life. It’s tough to see. I’m always left wishing I could have done something for them. When it comes right down to it though all I could do is try to keep mine in line. So far so good. Thank God.

eireog:

You’re more than welcome to see MS anytime! It’s been too long.

Reactions: MWittman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT