ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone see HF vs. Lake Park?

I was expecting more from H-F. Weren’t you?

No not really. I figured LP would keep it respectable. They a pretty good team regardless of the 5-4 (now 5-5) record. I think if the turnovers didn’t happen it might have been even closer. HF a better team though and I wasn’t expecting LP to win.

The shocking one to me in the DVC was Naperville North and Oswego. That was a bad loss for the DVC and for Oswego to hold North to 14 points? Wow - some solid defense being played in Prarieland!! I will take a line from BigJohn “don’t sleep on Oswego”. If they could only get their offense clicking a bit more (they will need that in the upcoming weeks if they want to stay in the 8A dance). North’s Defense is shall we say “inconsistent” and they have to win with their offense - many teams have put greater than 30 points on them most of the season.

I was there.
LP was able to contain Hall on about 21 of his 25 carries, but those other four carries were TD's of 91 & 63, and he busted out about two 45 yard runs. A lot of carries for no gain. A few 6, 7 yard gains. And then bam, he bust one out.
That is how LWE beat HF, by stopping him. HF has absolutely no passing game.
Hall is impressive. Tough, strong, quick. More like 5'8" as opposed to the listed 5"10".
HF's defense is good, but I was not surprised LP only put up 7. LP's offense only scored one TD in three of their loses against Dekalb, Naperville North & Wheaton South.

Reactions: MS4EVER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT