ADVERTISEMENT

CWS

redmen85

Dec 17, 2014
I feel NC State got the 'short end of the stick' compliments of the NCAA.
While the NCAA gladly welcomes a full stadium of fans--no mask requirements or testing, the teams must submit to testing periodically throughout the tournament.
NC State ends up being eliminated by COVID when one of it's players tested positive and left the Wolfpack w/o enough players to compete.
I feel bad for these players who had their dreams taken away while the NCAA rakes in it's revenue.

Reactions: Gene K.
Complete joke of a story and screwjob for NC State. NCAA fails again. Covid is over and they pull this crap.

did I read that it was the vaccinated players that tested positive? I read it once and now can't find it anywhere. Maybe I imagined it?

did I read that it was the vaccinated players that tested positive? I read it once and now can't find it anywhere. Maybe I imagined it?
4 of them were yes. And the worst part was that up to 19 in unvaccinated players tested negatively, but they weren't able to travel back to the field to play. With no explanation.

I have a ton of respect for Corbin, but I’m Vandied out. Not sure if it’s because of the obnoxious Whistler, or because I’m from Joliet and got sick of the bandwagon jumpers when Fellows was there.

I have a ton of respect for Corbin, but I’m Vandied out. Not sure if it’s because of the obnoxious Whistler, or because I’m from Joliet and got sick of the bandwagon jumpers when Fellows was there.
I was a Vandy fan before Fellows, but it certainly didn't hurt that he use to train in the cage next to my son for about 3 months and now an Oswego kid is headed there in a couple years.

Reactions: USD24
I dont understand why "bandwagon jumpers" bothers people. I welcome anyone who wants to cheer for a team I follow. And in my opinion, having a connection to or knowing a kid on the team is a pretty good reason to root for that team. That's how a fan base is built.

Reactions: PowerI66
I dont understand why "bandwagon jumpers" bothers people. I welcome anyone who wants to cheer for a team I follow. And in my opinion, having a connection to or knowing a kid on the team is a pretty good reason to root for that team. That's how a fan base is built.
Fan base? I noticed a drastic reduction in Vandy gear in Joliet ever since he left there. Haven’t you??

Fan base? I noticed a drastic reduction in Vandy gear in Joliet ever since he left there. Haven’t you??
Maybe, but i know many people who continue to root for Vandy because of the Fellows connection. I just don't get why people are bothered by bandwagon fans. I spent the first 48 years of my life rooting against Alabama. Now I have a kid who goes to school there, so I am a fan. Am I a bandwagon jumper? I guess, but isn't that why people become fans of teams, because there is a personal connection to the team/school?

Reactions: Gene K. and pjjp
Maybe, but i know many people who continue to root for Vandy because of the Fellows connection. I just don't get why people are bothered by bandwagon fans. I spent the first 48 years of my life rooting against Alabama. Now I have a kid who goes to school there, so I am a fan. Am I a bandwagon jumper? I guess, but isn't that why people become fans of teams, because there is a personal connection to the team/school?
I absolutely HATE Bama. But if my kid were to go there, I would probably sport some Bama gear, and might even root for them a bit. I completely understand that. I just thought it got a little out of hand with the Vandy love fest for the JCA folks. Just my opinion. But I’m also the guy who was pissed about all the Johnny come lately Blackhawk fans during their Cup runs, who couldn’t adequately describe what offsides or icing was, but were decked out in Hawks gear for a few years. I guess it’s just how I roll....getting old and angry. Lol.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT