ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 4

rocketnation

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2017
The second week of division games. All Friday contests, although MacArthur vs Eisenhower has a 5 pm start time.

West Division
Lanphier (0-3) at Jacksonville (2-1)
The Crimsons led SHG 10-7 last week at half before losing 35-10. They should get back on track this week against the winless Lions. Jacksonville 48 Lanphier 6. Massey prediction: Jacksonville 47 Lanphier 7.

Springfield (3-0) at Southeast (0-3) Game at Memorial Stadium
Springfield has looked good so far this season and should go to 4-0 against the Spartans. After almost knocking off East Peoria in Week 1, Southeast has lost handily to Lincoln and been shutout and running clocked by QND. Springfield 45 Southeast 8. Massey prediction: Springfield 43 Southeast 13.

SHG (2-1) at QND (2-1)
SHG wants to build on the momentum they showed in the second half last week against Jacksonville, when they outscored the Crimsons 28-0 and put a slow 1st half behind them. QND has been impressive in all of their games so far, even in their Week 1 loss to 7A power Quincy. SHG wants a fast start on the road and will run the ball until the Raiders show they can stop them. QND cannot afford to get down by multiple scores early and needs maximum support from a large home crowd. I think this is a 4-quarter contest, but the Cyclones ultimately have more offensive firepower. SHG 31 QND 18. Massey prediction: SHG 40 QND 14.

East Division
Eisenhower (0-3) at MacArthur (1-2)
The battle of Decatur, which has been one-sided in favor of Mac recently. Eisenhower was competitive with Streator in Week 1 but has since been blown out by both Jacksonville and Chatham. The Generals should go to 2-2. MacArthur 41 Eisenhower 6. Massey prediction: MacArthur 44 Eisenhower 7.

Lincoln (2-1) at U High (2-1)
Other than the running of FB Paytan Bunner, Lincoln did not have much positive to point to after losing 63-7 to Rochester at home last week. U High had a strong bounce back week after their close loss to Bloomington by running clocking MacArthur. U High should win comfortably, possibly by a running clock. U High 45 Lincoln 13. Massey prediction: U High 42 Lincoln 21.

Rochester (2-1) at Chatham (2-1)
Rochester pulled away after a close 1st half last year and won 63-21. However, that was a much more experienced Rocket team which turned the offense over to RB Nolan Mrozowski during a 2nd half downpour. Now, the Titans have as many or more veteran players, especially with QB Colton Knoedler making his 16th career start vs Rochester QB Tanner Beal making his 2nd. The game hinges on a key question for both team's defenses. Can the Titans stop the run and force Rochester into 3rd and long passing situations? Can Rochester put enough pressure on Knoedler that he can't survey the field and has to get rid of the ball quickly? Chatham had a surprisingly low scoring 14-7 loss to 8A Edwardsville in Week 1. I expect this to be a higher scoring contest, though not a track meet. Rochester 38 Chatham 25. Massey prediction: Rochester 45 Chatham 20.

All..... Crimsons who are huge everywhere as the season continues to roll on should be able to not wear out so soon. But they must develop some type of passing attack on the rare occasions they decide to throw. With Mac and the Railsplitters in their future five or more wins is doable.

The Solons will be 4-0 entering week five and that's when the real fun begins.

I like the Cyclones chances on their road trip to the Gem City of Illinois.... Ratsy

Reactions: rocketnation
The Channel 1450 Picks are in. They have chosen:
Jacksonville (3-0)
Springfield (3-0)
QND (2-1)
MacArthur (3-0)
U High (3-0)
Rochester (2-1)

The second week of division games. All Friday contests, although MacArthur vs Eisenhower has a 5 pm start time.

West Division
Lanphier (0-3) at Jacksonville (2-1)
The Crimsons led SHG 10-7 last week at half before losing 35-10. They should get back on track this week against the winless Lions. Jacksonville 48 Lanphier 6. Massey prediction: Jacksonville 47 Lanphier 7.

Springfield (3-0) at Southeast (0-3) Game at Memorial Stadium
Springfield has looked good so far this season and should go to 4-0 against the Spartans. After almost knocking off East Peoria in Week 1, Southeast has lost handily to Lincoln and been shutout and running clocked by QND. Springfield 45 Southeast 8. Massey prediction: Springfield 43 Southeast 13.

SHG (2-1) at QND (2-1)
SHG wants to build on the momentum they showed in the second half last week against Jacksonville, when they outscored the Crimsons 28-0 and put a slow 1st half behind them. QND has been impressive in all of their games so far, even in their Week 1 loss to 7A power Quincy. SHG wants a fast start on the road and will run the ball until the Raiders show they can stop them. QND cannot afford to get down by multiple scores early and needs maximum support from a large home crowd. I think this is a 4-quarter contest, but the Cyclones ultimately have more offensive firepower. SHG 31 QND 18. Massey prediction: SHG 40 QND 14.

East Division
Eisenhower (0-3) at MacArthur (1-2)
The battle of Decatur, which has been one-sided in favor of Mac recently. Eisenhower was competitive with Streator in Week 1 but has since been blown out by both Jacksonville and Chatham. The Generals should go to 2-2. MacArthur 41 Eisenhower 6. Massey prediction: MacArthur 44 Eisenhower 7.

Lincoln (2-1) at U High (2-1)
Other than the running of FB Paytan Bunner, Lincoln did not have much positive to point to after losing 63-7 to Rochester at home last week. U High had a strong bounce back week after their close loss to Bloomington by running clocking MacArthur. U High should win comfortably, possibly by a running clock. U High 45 Lincoln 13. Massey prediction: U High 42 Lincoln 21.

Rochester (2-1) at Chatham (2-1)
Rochester pulled away after a close 1st half last year and won 63-21. However, that was a much more experienced Rocket team which turned the offense over to RB Nolan Mrozowski during a 2nd half downpour. Now, the Titans have as many or more veteran players, especially with QB Colton Knoedler making his 16th career start vs Rochester QB Tanner Beal making his 2nd. The game hinges on a key question for both team's defenses. Can the Titans stop the run and force Rochester into 3rd and long passing situations? Can Rochester put enough pressure on Knoedler that he can't survey the field and has to get rid of the ball quickly? Chatham had a surprisingly low scoring 14-7 loss to 8A Edwardsville in Week 1. I expect this to be a higher scoring contest, though not a track meet. Rochester 38 Chatham 25. Massey prediction: Rochester 45 Chatham 20.
Ugh!!!

Jacksonville will NOT pass one time! Ok, they will pass a few times.
Jacksonville 45-8

If SHS wants to earn a playoff spot they have to win 2 of the next 3 games (SE, QND, and Jax) because their last 3 games are SHG, Rochester and Chatham.
SHS 42-21

Regardless of what people say about me I like QND and I'm happy they have a home for football. If they win this game they should win out and be 8-1 if they don't they should finish 7-2 lol!!!
We have our first Autumnal Equinox Harvest Home Bowl!
SHG 27-24

Battle for Decatur
I miss the days of Lakeview and Stephen Decatur games!
MacArthur will beat the young men of Eisenhower 44-20

U High 44-32

I don't see how Chatham can even compete against Rochester!
Rochester 89-6

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
Not a bold prediction but winners of SHG/QND and RHS/CG games will win their respective divisions for the Conference.

Other day I realized the dividing line between East and West divisions was I 55 and I 72. Schools East of 55 and South of 72 are East division. West and North are West Division.

SJR Staff Predictions
Jacksonville 49 Lanphier 8
Springfield 56 Southeast 7
SHG 21 QND 14
U High 49 Lincoln 14
Rochester 28 Chatham 21

SJR Staff Predictions
Jacksonville 49 Lanphier 8
Springfield 56 Southeast 7
SHG 21 QND 14
U High 49 Lincoln 14
Rochester 28 Chatham 21
All.... I anticipate some higher scoring by some of these teams among others the 428 vs 525 game. We will see. Ratsy

All.... The hype video. Had not heard the Titans are dealing with some injuries. Ratsy

Blake Lehnen does not have a catch this year. Not sure if he was hurt in preseason or against E'Ville. Until I see him in street clothes though, I'm assuming he will play Friday.

Blake Lehnen does not have a catch this year. Not sure if he was hurt in preseason or against E'Ville. Until I see him in street clothes though, I'm assuming he will play.
All.... I noticed that as well. One of the Titans top receivers last year. I had mentioned before the season he was the one I would shadow the most this year because they would be throwing his way more often. Very difficult to cover. And he is only a junior.

On a separate note the stadium is going to be packed to the rafters. Knowing the Rocket faithful like tailgating those folks would be wise to arrive early. As always the school doesn't allow it in the parking lot. ( saw the announcement on that a couple of days ago) But the grass median next to the lot is ok. It gets flooded pretty early with Titan fans at times many arriving before 4PM. On a big game like this I would assume parking a bit farther down on Plummer next to the practice soccer field will be available and they tailgate in that area also. Ratsy

South County "Mr. Pick'em" Predictions
Jacksonville 54 Lanphier 6
Springfield 35 Southeast 13
SHG 29 QND 16
MacArthur 27 Eisenhower 12
U High 45 Lincoln 14
Rochester 28 Chatham 24

Ugh!!!

Jacksonville will NOT pass one time! Ok, they will pass a few times.
Jacksonville 45-8

If SHS wants to earn a playoff spot they have to win 2 of the next 3 games (SE, QND, and Jax) because their last 3 games are SHG, Rochester and Chatham.
SHS 42-21

Regardless of what people say about me I like QND and I'm happy they have a home for football. If they win this game they should win out and be 8-1 if they don't they should finish 7-2 lol!!!
We have our first Autumnal Equinox Harvest Home Bowl!
SHG 27-24

Battle for Decatur
I miss the days of Lakeview and Stephen Decatur games!
MacArthur will beat the young men of Eisenhower 44-20

U High 44-32

I don't see how Chatham can even compete against Rochester!
Rochester 89-6
I laughed at your comment only because of your Rochester prediction. Not because I I think you’re wrong. Just with the magnitude of the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT