ADVERTISEMENT

CPS transfer issues

There was an article in the Southtown a few years back about Marist going after a volleyball player they had actually cut as a junior. She transferred to Richards but Marist protested because she had an Eisenhower address when she attended Marist.

Happy for Marist calling these transfers out...financial hardships my ***. Prove it! It's a joke

Happy for Marist calling these transfers out...financial hardships my ***. Prove it! It's a joke
So is tuition a financial hardship or not? It seems private posters opinions change here depending on what point they are trying to prove. Let's say it is a farce, is it worth it to Marist to take an opportunity to go to college for free away from the kid? Poor form on Marist's behalf.

Reactions: johnjoe45
So is tuition a financial hardship or not? It seems private posters opinions change here depending on what point they are trying to prove. Let's say it is a farce, is it worth it to Marist to take an opportunity to go to college for free away from the kid? Poor form on Marist's behalf.
Marist spent 3 years coaching, developing, and educating these three players and all of sudden, after three years of making their tuition payments, their claiming financial hardship their senior year? And now they want to choose which CPS school they want to attend instead of the one they are supposed to attend in their area? Yeah if I'm Marist, I'm pissed. They received a high quality education, their grades are in order, they got great training in basketball, thanks, now our senior year wer're going to take our skills elsewhere...because we all of a sudden can't afford it anymore....BS

Reactions: superac777
Marist spent 3 years coaching, developing, and educating these three players and all of sudden, after three years of making their tuition payments, their claiming financial hardship their senior year? And now they want to choose which CPS school they want to attend instead of the one they are supposed to attend in their area? Yeah if I'm Marist, I'm pissed. They received a high quality education, their grades are in order, they got great training in basketball, thanks, now our senior year wer're going to take our skills elsewhere...because we all of a sudden can't afford it anymore....BS
Didn't answer the question and frankly wasn't even a good deflection. So, in Marist and apparently your opinion, it's okay to choose your school only as long as it's Marist?

Didn't answer the question and frankly wasn't even a good deflection. So, in Marist and apparently your opinion, it's okay to choose your school only as long as it's Marist?
It was a very good deflection. When your willing to pay tuition you can pick your school, if your from Chicago, and your going to attend CPS for free, rules state you attend the school assigned to your area, not the one with the better basketball team. Marist isn't taking away college from these kids....go to the school your assigned too, play well, and hope your noticed....it's the risk they took. If you go from private to private you sit a year unless special circumstances, period. If they truly all of a sudden have financial hardships (yeah right) then so be it, but you have to go to the CPS school your zoned into, not th one you want to. Not my rules!

It was a very good deflection. When your willing to pay tuition you can pick your school, if your from Chicago, and your going to attend CPS for free, rules state you attend the school assigned to your area, not the one with the better basketball team. Marist isn't taking away college from these kids....go to the school your assigned too, play well, and hope your noticed....it's the risk they took. If you go from private to private you sit a year unless special circumstances, period. If they truly all of a sudden have financial hardships (yeah right) then so be it, but you have to go to the CPS school your zoned into, not th one you want to. Not my rules!
You apparently didn't read the article nor know the rules for CPS. I'll openly admit that I am not all familiar with the CPS rules, but I do know they do not have to go to their neighborhood school, and the article makes that more than clear.

I find it comical that you feel you can speak as an authority on that or any family's finances. The arrogance is astounding from you and Marist.

Again. Marist best player this season is a transfer.

Just another problem with the CPS playing by their own rules.. in the rest of the public schools around the state, it isn't even an issue as the kid would never be eligible to play at Hyde Park since he doesn't live within the boundary..

Low Income

Bolingbrook- 51%
Herscher- 17%

Who is subsidizing who?
We're all subsidizing you. The subsidies stop you from being classified low income. The very reason you wont give up your hand out.

We're all subsidizing you. The subsidies stop you from being classified low income. The very reason you wont give up your hand out.

Bolingbrook isn't subsidizing anyone, you are being subsidized WAY more than we are..

State/federal monies allocated per student in the form of aid

BHS- $3780
HHS- $2275

Include the farmer handout and the numbers shift. You sure fight like hell for your handouts.

Include the farmer handout and the numbers shift. You sure fight like hell for your handouts.

For such a down in the dumps community they sure make up for it at their high school. Haven’t been there? First class facilities and first class people there running it.

Again making assumptions off of numbers without actually setting foot in the town or on the campus.

Reactions: Cross Bones
For such a down in the dumps community they sure make up for it at their high school. Haven’t been there? First class facilities and first class people there running it.

Again making assumptions off of numbers without actually setting foot in the town or on the campus.
You know people like HHS. See one thing.

I did find this awesome website... It tells us where our tax dollars are going in Kankakee county.

https://farm.ewg.org/top_recips.php?fips=17091&progcode=totalfarm&page=0

You apparently didn't read the article nor know the rules for CPS. I'll openly admit that I am not all familiar with the CPS rules, but I do know they do not have to go to their neighborhood school, and the article makes that more than clear.

I find it comical that you feel you can speak as an authority on that or any family's finances. The arrogance is astounding from you and Marist.
Come down dude, I have nothing to do with Marist at all, just calling it like I see it and I'll bet the house none of them have financial issues, again my opinion, you can have yours, I'll have mine.

$263M+ to Kankakee County alone in the past 20 years. Illinois is one of highest farm subsidized states, coming in slightly lower than Iowa and Texas. Give Roger Claar $263M over the past 20 years and I bet he has something to show for it. Give it to Kankakee County and we get a blithering idiot posting non-sense on every topic on edgytim.com.

Come down dude, I have nothing to do with Marist at all, just calling it like I see it and I'll bet the house none of them have financial issues, again my opinion, you can have yours, I'll have mine.
I don't need an opinion on some other family's finances or why they choose to go to Marist or Hyde Park for that matter. Just none of my business on either topic. I just think it's poor form to block the kid from playing even if it is recruiting. Who does that help?

$263M+ to Kankakee County alone in the past 20 years. Illinois is one of highest farm subsidized states, coming in slightly lower than Iowa and Texas. Give Roger Claar $263M over the past 20 years and I bet he has something to show for it. Give it to Kankakee County and we get a blithering idiot posting non-sense on every topic on edgytim.com.

If you do not see the benefits to the entire country to ensure a stable food supply, shows how dumb you are...

If you want to put the numbers into perspective.. Over the last 20 years, Kankakee County is getting $13M a year in ag subsidies... by contrast, Bolingbrook school district is getting about $53M per year in state and federal money..

Put your money where your mouth is and show me your numbers... I looked at your list, of the $13M a year Kankakee is getting in farm subsidies, the lions share is going to eastern Kankakee county where the farmland isn’t as productive... if Kankakee County is getting $13M, I bet farmers in our district are getting between $2M-2.5M....

Compare that to..... Your district is getting $1505 more per year, per student than schools here.. multiply that by the 16660 students, and that’s an additional $25M each year!!!

I'll agree with McCar here and go against my DSR guy bones. Even against 140...this has nothing to do with transfers, picking schools, CPS special rules etc. The question is, is there financial hardship, or is that a lie and an abuse of rules?

If they have hardship issues, suddenly, the three of them, at the same time, i say put them in any school in the country. Marist is not cheap, and frankly, a kid, IMO, should not be forced to go to THE school in their district if it sucks.

However, if they do not have hardship issues, and the onus is on them to show it, they should either have to stay at Marist, or transfer and sit.

I'll agree with McCar here and go against my DSR guy bones. Even against 140...this has nothing to do with transfers, picking schools, CPS special rules etc. The question is, is there financial hardship, or is that a lie and an abuse of rules?

If they have hardship issues, suddenly, the three of them, at the same time, i say put them in any school in the country. Marist is not cheap, and frankly, a kid, IMO, should not be forced to go to THE school in their district if it sucks.

However, if they do not have hardship issues, and the onus is on them to show it, they should either have to stay at Marist, or transfer and sit.

Marist best player is a transfer.

They should have said they felt uncomfortable at Marist due to the racial texting issues they had last year.

Reactions: Irish LB

They should have said they felt uncomfortable at Marist due to the racial texting issues they had last year.
Correct but he came from a school that also charges tuition....he didn't leave Chicago Christian claiming financial hardship, and that's where my disagreement comes in. That player should have to sit a year if he went private to private. I'm not a Marist guy, I'm an MC guy, I just feel for them because I find it extremely unlikely that all three of these guys experienced financial hardship their senior year. I'm guessing they took advantage of a rule and now they are acting like they are free agents. MC is dealing with the same thing now these guys leaving for Philips claiming the same hardship....BS. These guys were seniors, Marist would have worked with them on payments I'm certain of it

140...who cares if she is a transfer? I could careless if the entire marist school was a transfer, and then they all transferred out next year, and a new group of 3k students transferred in next year - - so long as those transfers are legit.

If the students claim financial hardships, they should have to show financial hardships.

Now, if it was a racial issue, as you know, there is a way to deal with that as well.

As an aside, I have no issue with the CPS being open enrollment situation. The gangs and transport issue are super unique. I do have an issue with the IHSA treating them as if they are regular public schools. They are not.

1. I learn more about agriculture subsidy programs from this site than any other medium.
  2. Just think of that Marist kid playing for St. John Fisher's CYO team who couldn't get past the Freshman B team when he got the news.
  3. I think any kid should be able to transfer from any school, to any school for any reason and be immediately eligible - but that the only rule that will stop the abuse is to restrict them from playing in the IHSA post-season for one year.

Reactions: TonPlugZeroLock
Can't afford Private school then you have to go where you are zoned for.End of story.Every since the projects got torn down these transfers issues got out of control among other things.Bolingbrook included

it happens at schools that make racist comments towards whites too.much more in fact!!!the media simply buries it.

If I am to believe the contingent here going to Marist in and of itself is a financial hardship. So because a family endures it for 3 years doesnt mean that it wasnt a hardship for the 3 years they attended. Any school not signing off on a transfer is missing the larger picture.

1. I learn more about agriculture subsidy programs from this site than any other medium.
  2. Just think of that Marist kid playing for St. John Fisher's CYO team who couldn't get past the Freshman B team when he got the news.
  3. I think any kid should be able to transfer from any school, to any school for any reason and be immediately eligible - but that the only rule that will stop the abuse is to restrict them from playing in the IHSA post-season for one year.

Dare I say 100% or Herscher is on public assistance due to the farm subsidies. And that's excluding other types of welfare. Now, I have no problem with assisting people especially children, but I am totally against giving money away because a group of "workers" dont want to operate under the free market.

If I am to believe the contingent here going to Marist in and of itself is a financial hardship. So because a family endures it for 3 years doesnt mean that it wasnt a hardship for the 3 years they attended. Any school not signing off on a transfer is missing the larger picture.

Quite the contrary. I could absolutely see a person being able to pay for three years, but not a fourth. In that case, however, they should still have to show it. All it takes is for a person to show their tax returns. done.

I will say, that happening to three people all at the same time, who are all looking to go to school together (not sure if this is a fact - this last part), draws suspicion. It should.

My stance is simple. If it were me, I would allow someone to transfer whenever they want. I would also get rid of boundaries, and I would give private or catholic school goers an enormous 4 year tax break -- but only four years (or during the time their kid is in school).

That said, if i was black, and the school irresponsibly handled racism, I would bounce quicker than an AI crossover. I'd play for the new school, and say I dare you IHSA....

Dare I say 100% or Herscher is on public assistance due to the farm subsidies. And that's excluding other types of welfare. Now, I have no problem with assisting people especially children, but I am totally against giving money away because a group of "workers" dont want to operate under the free market.

I showed you that 17% of our kids are low income, that’s way below the state average.. so as usual you are completely wrong, but maybe if you keep telling yourself that it will become true...

And your free market idea in ag makes sense, let the best farmers succeed and the other farmers go out of business and the excess land can sit idle.... oh wait, great idea until the country sees a severe drought and we then need to rely on other countries to import grain..and then idiots like you can scratch your head wondering why you are paying $6 for a gallon of milk and $8 for a pound of hamburger...maybe that $23 the average family pays to help maintain a stable food supply is money well spent?

Now how about the endless welfare that continues to roll into Bolingbrook with no benefit to the rest of the us???

That said, if i was black, and the school irresponsibly handled racism, I would bounce quicker than an AI crossover. I'd play for the new school, and say I dare you IHSA....

Surely no one would claim racism falsely to get around a rule.

Reactions: Gene K.

Hard to believe that someone from Bolingbrook takes the side of liberal transfer rules (Girls Basketball).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT