ADVERTISEMENT

CPS Schools Closing + Boundary Changes 2018

Chicago773

Nov 29, 2015
Yes the boundaries for Phillips are changing, I'm sure a good amount of you are interested in hearing that. Tweet is on @michaelsobrien feed waiting on a more detailed story on the boundaries

I know John Hope,Harper,Robeson & Team Englewood are closing and possibly Chicago Richards into 1 High School the rumor is Obama High School will be the name

Yes the boundaries for Phillips are changing, I'm sure a good amount of you are interested in hearing that. Tweet is on @michaelsobrien feed waiting on a more detailed story on the boundaries

Boundaries do not matter in CPS. You can go where you want just have to be more creative and request a class your local school does not offer or do just use someone's address.

While boundaries might not matter in CPS, they certainly don't matter at Phillips which is run by AUSL. Completely different set of rules.

While boundaries might not matter in CPS, they certainly don't matter at Phillips which is run by AUSL. Completely different set of rules.
This makes me wonder is this "different set of rules" for all charter schools should qualify them as "private" and therefore subject to the multiplier?

This makes me wonder is this "different set of rules" for all charter schools should qualify them as "private" and therefore subject to the multiplier?

Charter schools are already multiplied.

As I understand it, AUSL (Academy for Urban School Leadership) is merely the management for the school (ie: they have a deal w/ the CPS to run/lead/mentor certain schools for a term, perhaps best understood as between standard CPS and charter). They are also a "neighborhood" school, meaning anyone living in their defined boundary is automatically eligible to attend.

As has been discussed ad infinitum here, there are a dozen ways to enroll at Phillips. And they're not doing a thing that hasn't been done at the basketball schools in Chicago.

What about the IHSA proposals? As long as the CPS can self investigate boundary issues it doesn't matter what's on paper. The CPS needs success stories and will look the other way unless painted into a corner as they were with Derrick Rose and the Curie and Orr basketball teams when they called out in the Chicago newspapers. Was the basketball coach or administrators at Simeon, Orr or Curie ever disciplined?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT