ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick Em Week 9: Non-Playoff Edition

Thereturnofcmonman

Oct 4, 2019
Two CPL teams go running outside, running outside. Two CPL teams go running outside, running outside. Guess what's back? Back again? Wednesday games are back! Tell a friend, guess what's back? Guess what's back? Guess what's back? Guess what's back? Na na na na, na na na na

They've created a monster, cause nobody wants to see Marshall no more (forfeited the season), they want Payton (sorry Clark). Well if you want Payton, that's what I'll give you, a little bit of green mixed with some hard turf monsters. Some running that will make the clock go quicker, then a shock when I see a pass completed by the RB because the QB has no arm today....

It's week 9, which means we have Wednesday games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CPL! CPL! CPL!

Gage Park Owls @ Dyett Eagles: Wednesday, 4:15 at Gately
If you take it easy while you are watching this game, you definitely will have a peaceful easy feeling come over you. Unfortunately the stadium won't be selling any tequila sunrises, so you and your buddy James Dean are going to have one of those nights. Dyett's RB will be the new kid in town while he's living his best life in the fast lane, and will cause some heartache tonight on the Owls. After he breaks out The Long Run, no one will be able to Tell You Why Gage Park can't stop him. If you haven't figured it out yet, take the Eagles!

Harlan Falcons @ Ag Science Cyclones: Wednesday, 7:15 at Gately
Hah! It's poetry in motion, they turned their tender eyes to the backfield, as the Ag RB runs for over 200! They blinded us with Science!!!

BOTY Bobcats @ Rauner Wildcats: Wednesday, 4:15 at Rockne
Take a look at the song in the Ag game by the great Thomas Dolby. Do you know what movie soundtrack contained that song?? WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!

Foreman Hornets @ Prosser Falcons: Wednesday, 7:15 at Rockne
They were some kids that played in the big city, it was at Rockne, Rockne where they did everything. They had debts because they constantly lost yards, but the fans all loved them anyway. And everybody screamed....Prosser Falcons, Prosser Falcons, Rock it Rock it Prosser Falcons!

Kennedy Crusaders @ Clark Eagles: Thursday, 7:15 at Rockne
Last week was a make or break week for both of these programs. Kennedy got themselves in a good position to make the state playoffs getting their 5th win of the year. Clark had a big mis-step last week in their last conference game of the year (as the Payton Grizzlies came out of nowhere to sweep up the conference title). Both programs need a win bad this week for seeding purposes in the state playoffs. I was watching a bunch of classic episodes of the 100,000 Pyramid last night with Dick Clark, so for the reason alone, I'll take Clark.

Little Village Phoenix @ South Shore Tars: Friday, 3:45 at Eckersall
They'll be rising, they'll find the note that was left in the locker room. They'll laugh when they read the part that says we are leavin, cause I've left the stadium so many times before. By the time I make it to Eckersall, they'll be working. Probably have to stop for a late lunch, and make a call. But by the time I get to Phoenix, they'll be rising!

Mather Rangers @ King Jaguars: Friday, 7:15 at Gately
When the night is young, and the land is dark (because the lights went off). And the moon is the only light you see. No, I won't be afraid, no IIIII won't be afraid, just as long as you stand, stand by me. So darlin, darlin stand by me (so I can steal your Gately dog), ohhh stand by me (where's the mustard), oh stand, stand by me. Great song by Ben E. King, King wins this week.

Lincoln Park Lions @ Curie Condors: Friday, 4:15 at Rockne
Little child, dry your crying eyes. How can I explain the fear you feel inside (because they're running up down the middle). Cause you were born into this evil world (Friday CPL football is evil, Thursday is better). Where man beaters are killing man (how about we play some zone?), and no one knows just why. What we have become, just look what we have done (stomped Curie all over the place). All that we destroyed, you must build again (but not until next season!). Take White Lion to win the game!

Game of the Week: Corliss Trojans @ Collins Warriors, Saturday 1:00 at Rockne
Hot sun beating down, burning my feet just walking around (yup, that's the Rockne grass). Hot sun making me sweat (I thought it was October), gators getting close, haven't got me yet(but the flags from these damn refs have). I can't dance, I can't talk, only thing about me is the way I walk (damn grass). I'm just standing here, selling everything (because no one is here to work the concession stand!). Take Phil Collins in an upset!

Hold on...Hot Wednesday CPL Action!!! Plus the CPL Playoffs? Be still my beating heart! On to the picks!

So you are telling me I can eat a late lunch of Gately dogs 4 days in a row this week? Sign me up.
Dyett!

Harlan forfeited 3 games in a row. Harlan got came back and got smoked by 30. Then they pull off a victory. So CPL of them. No reason to stop now.
Harlan

Too many cats. We need more dogs!!
Senn!

One of the first CPL games I ever attended was a Foreman victory over Taft at Hansen. 7-6. 5 people in the stands. Ahhh, the memories. On nostalgia alone...
Foreman!

Kennedy Missile Pigs @ Clark Eagles: Thursday, 7:15 at Rockne
Clark rolled through the season not facing anyone tough until last week when they lost to Payton. Kennedy has been scrappy all year and has pieced together the best season in awhile. It's going to be tough for Clark to get up for this game after the tough loss last week.
Kennedy!

Little Village People @ South Shore Tars: Friday, 3:45 at Eckersall
Nothing says fall football like a 3:45 pm start at Eckersall. Instead of going North/South, the stadium is East/West. Perfect timing as the sun sets. I have no idea what the air attack of either of these teams is, but I know looking into/back at the sun is going to be rough, CPS!
South Shore!

It doesn't Mather that the Rangers have won a bunch of close games. It doesn't Mather that King has been solid all year. All that Mathers is when the lights go on at Gately on Friday night, the Rangers will ride to victory!
Mather!

According to CPL procedure, both of these teams will be relegated to lower conferences, when the champions of those conferences move up. Combine that with the drive from Lincoln Park on a Friday afternoon, and I am smelling Forfeit..
It's a shame too, because everyone will miss out on the post game Friday night special Chicken Fried Steak at the Steak n' Egger.
Double Forfeit!

I confuse these two teams all of the time. Reminds me of this guy I used to know that struggled to learn names and ended up calling everyone Corliss, or was it Collins?
Collinrliss!!

The return of the Wednesday CPL afternoon tilt? Better get to my picks.

Owls and Eagles such beautiful birds. This however is all about the tritions though, after a healthy Dyett of Eagles run game their Owls are over served and come up short in this battle of wills.

No chance the Falcon can fly through a Cyclone, it would get torn to pieces. Farmers take it.

Poor BOTY has really had the wheels fall off this season. Fortunately enough for Rauner they have all the means to repair their own treads. Rauner Limos roll.

*edit as I missed this one* Well if I can't find anything about this one originally I might as well go FENGER!

Kennedy Crusaders @ Clark Eagles: Thursday, 7:15 at Rockne
Normally I'd be totally against picking Clark after such a deflating loss, but knowing my guy Coach Percy is so set on being a guiding light I know he will get them righted for a state run. Let's go coach. Get em ready! And get back posting.

Little Village Phoenix @ South Shore Tars: Friday, 3:45 at Eckersall
Phoenix can't rise if it's covered in Tar. That oxygen would be smothered right out. South Shore it is.

All the mather jokes write themselves. But not when the Jaguars come calling. They aren't F King around. Jags take it.

Two once proud programs, two now sad situations relegated into the ether that is lower tier CPS. They both go out with a whimper as they confirm with each that the game is still on but no one shows...

Upon realizing the impact that a Trojan Warrior would have, Collins and Corliss unite to win the 3A state championship, CPL! CPL! CPL!

Hold on...Hot Wednesday CPL Action!!! Plus the CPL Playoffs? Be still my beating heart! On to the picks!

So you are telling me I can eat a late lunch of Gately dogs 4 days in a row this week? Sign me up.
Dyett!

Harlan forfeited 3 games in a row. Harlan got came back and got smoked by 30. Then they pull off a victory. So CPL of them. No reason to stop now.
Harlan

Too many cats. We need more dogs!!
Senn!

One of the first CPL games I ever attended was a Foreman victory over Taft at Hansen. 7-6. 5 people in the stands. Ahhh, the memories. On nostalgia alone...
Foreman!

Kennedy Missile Pigs @ Clark Eagles: Thursday, 7:15 at Rockne
Clark rolled through the season not facing anyone tough until last week when they lost to Payton. Kennedy has been scrappy all year and has pieced together the best season in awhile. It's going to be tough for Clark to get up for this game after the tough loss last week.
Kennedy!

Little Village People @ South Shore Tars: Friday, 3:45 at Eckersall
Nothing says fall football like a 3:45 pm start at Eckersall. Instead of going North/South, the stadium is East/West. Perfect timing as the sun sets. I have no idea what the air attack of either of these teams is, but I know looking into/back at the sun is going to be rough, CPS!
South Shore!

It doesn't Mather that the Rangers have won a bunch of close games. It doesn't Mather that King has been solid all year. All that Mathers is when the lights go on at Gately on Friday night, the Rangers will ride to victory!
Mather!

According to CPL procedure, both of these teams will be relegated to lower conferences, when the champions of those conferences move up. Combine that with the drive from Lincoln Park on a Friday afternoon, and I am smelling Forfeit..
It's a shame too, because everyone will miss out on the post game Friday night special Chicken Fried Steak at the Steak n' Egger.
Double Forfeit!

I confuse these two teams all of the time. Reminds me of this guy I used to know that struggled to learn names and ended up calling everyone Corliss, or was it Collins?
Collinrliss!!
no Gately dogs were on sale this past weekend, tragic. packaged snacks only

Two CPL teams go running outside, running outside. Two CPL teams go running outside, running outside. Guess what's back? Back again? Wednesday games are back! Tell a friend, guess what's back? Guess what's back? Guess what's back? Guess what's back? Na na na na, na na na na

Sorry, a little help with this group / song please...

Sorry, a little help with this group / song please...
Eminem - Without Me

Technically it's " 'round the outside" but we'll allow it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT