ADVERTISEMENT

Collinsville is trying to leave the Southwestern for football

Collinsville asking to leave Southwestern for football

Only issue I see now that Collinsville joins Granite City in bailing? Where do they go and who would they play?

I do NOT see anyone from the Mississippi Valley wanting anything to do with either school because of sheer enrollment numbers etc. Would they need to cross the river?

Collinsville new coach is from a small school he said that is the only way for them to get the program where it should be. I guess he means to he needs to play school that are 2A and hopes to win. That still does not guarantee victory. DO NOT RUN FROM COMPETTION that's how you get your guys to compete.

To be fair I'm sure getting some wins probably helps getting the kids out. The only problem is out there where do you go?

Look at it as an opportunity for the other schools to add some more interesting noncon games.

Remains of the DVC needs games. I hear a couple of the 5 remaining might have one home and away with another conference foe in 2018. That way 4 of the 5 don't have to find 5 non con games.

I dislike that a ton - but if it could be NC and NN home and away and NV and WV home and away I guess it's not the end of the world.

Seems like Rantoul started this recent trend years ago, going from the Big 12 to the Corn Belt to whatever they are in now, for reason no other than lowering their competition level.

Seems like Rantoul started this recent trend years ago, going from the Big 12 to the Corn Belt to whatever they are in now, for reason no other than lowering their competition level.

Rantoul moved to the Okaw Valley, where they have been winless in football the last 2 seasons. Tolono Unity, St. Joseph Ogden, & Monticello are traditional 3A powers so it hasn't worked out so well for Rantoul despite their enrollment being nearly double. This year the Okaw & Corn Belt combined to form the Illini Prarie, a 10 team conference containing the schools listed in this post as well as St. Thomas More, Bloomington Central Catholic, Olympia, Prarie Central, IVC, & Pontiac.

@EdgyTim

How much longer do you think we have before districts are implemented?
I honestly think we would see an expanded playoff format coupled with 8 regular season games before "district implementation" to accommodate post-season-starved programs.

I dont think schools are that starved to be steamrolled. It would make sense that they want to make the playoffs under the current format, not that the format is changed so that they make the playoffs. However, I could certainly be wrong, but the latter about guarantees a brutal rd 1 game even more so than the former.

I dont think schools are that starved to be steamrolled. It would make sense that they want to make the playoffs under the current format, not that the format is changed so that they make the playoffs. However, I could certainly be wrong, but the latter about guarantees a brutal rd 1 game even more so than the former.

There will have to be a first round bye for the top seeded teams in this format.

Unless expand to 512 teams, which would basically exclude the winless teams.. I guess sign of the times, have to keep everyone happy

Unless expand to 512 teams, which would basically exclude the winless teams.. I guess sign of the times, have to keep everyone happy

If they expanded the playoffs, would CPS keep most of their 2nd/3rd/4th tier conference teams home?

Can't imagine many of the CPS schools have the extra cash associated with traveling to a playoff game lying around in their budgets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT