ADVERTISEMENT

Class 8A State Title Game Day Thread

Commendations to Lockport for a well deserved 8A championship. Also the officiating during the eight championship games was worthy of much praise. At times officials get criticized, sometimes deserved and sometimes not. The crews that worked these last two days should be proud for jobs well done. And finally, kudos to the television crews for excellent camera work and to the evening announcers who were much better than the afternoon announcers.

Reactions: eireog
Commendations to Lockport for a well deserved 8A championship. Also the officiating during the eight championship games was worthy of much praise. At times officials get criticized, sometimes deserved and sometimes not. The crews that worked these last two days should be proud for jobs well done. And finally, kudos to the television crews for excellent camera work and to the evening announcers who were much better than the afternoon announcers.
One side judge called a good catch on a guy that clearly had two feet out. We need better.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Watching the game was a bit frustrating from the MS perspective because of the wasted opportunities and decent field position that was not taken advantage of. There were lots of self inflicted wounds. Having said that, congratulations to Lockport. It had been many years since they last won and I’m sure their community is over the moon today.
I personally was happy to see our seniors play one last game. They are all gamers and the coaching staff utilized their talents and skills to the utmost.
Mike Sajenko at rb was his usual amazing self running, catching and blocking. He showed us why he was a coaches first team all state selection. Kevin Wolf at cb was able to completely shut down any one they put him on. Thaddeus Gianaris was a man amongst boys last night. Unblockable and deserving to be a first team all state rather than honorable mention. There are more but these three stood out last night.
They will be hard to replace but the cupboard is loaded with some tremendous skill players and a very good qb. The future is bright for Coach Inserra and the Hawks.

Come on Newt, that was brutal.
It’s a miss. Officials make mistakes. If you’re expecting perfection you’re being unreasonable. What looks easy on a replay isn’t as easy in real time. They will miss things from time to time it does happen. Many refer to it as the human element.

I would encourage you and anyone else that demands better, join us. Grab a whistle and help everyone get better

It’s a miss. Officials make mistakes. If you’re expecting perfection you’re being unreasonable. What looks easy on a replay isn’t as easy in real time. They will miss things from time to time it does happen. Many refer to it as the human element.

I would encourage you and anyone else that demands better, join us. Grab a whistle and help everyone get better
I've been vocal about some calls this season (some more than most), but I was really impressed with the reffing on Friday and Saturday. Crews were acting proactively and having conversations with players when things started to get amped up, and you could tell they were enjoying calling the games. Fun to watch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT