ADVERTISEMENT

Class 7A State Title Game Day Thread

SR with the stop and the ball, if they score do they kick or just go for 2?

Not discrediting their title at all, but #1 with very narrow wins over Glenbard North and WWS, and a loss under their belt?
I don’t think they are number 1 but GBN and WWS are rivalry games and the loss was in OT vs a very good Batavia team. Definitely think the falcons could hand with anyone but have to put them behind the 8A champ and the undefeated champs.

Rita started with running the ball well and they just seemed to bail on it early. And they should have just taken a knee before half, that was the game IMO
Wheaton North is the best team in 7A. Without a doubt, the best coached team.

That quarterback and wide receiver are both fantastic to watch. At the high school level, those two and the Lockport duo have as strong of a connection that I have ever scene.

Rita had a good season but a poor showing tonight. Hand the ball to Brown and move out of the way.

Following the last two weeks, there is a significant difference in execution between Wheaton, BR, and Rita in all three phases. Wheaton conducted a clinic on BR and Rita.

Wheaton North is the best team in 7A. Without a doubt, the best coached team.

That quarterback and wide receiver are both fantastic to watch. At the high school level, those two and the Lockport duo have as strong of a connection that I have ever scene.

Rita had a good season but a poor showing tonight. Hand the ball to Brown and move out of the way.

Following the last two weeks, there is a significant difference in execution between Wheaton, BR, and Rita in all three phases. Wheaton conducted a clinic on BR and Rita.
I don’t get why the bailed on the run. I’m assuming WN made an adjustment after SR early success but they went to the pass very early and it didn’t work. And again, not taking a knee at half. I get maybe they wanted some momentum going into half with WN getting the kick but 14-0 deficit you go in feeling OK, 21-0 you go into emergency plan. I know they didn’t intend him to drop the ball but that was the risk taken. I was going for SR in this game...I just don’t get the game plan Kuska had.

I understand the comparison but CG’s conference is damn good and they just beat the most talented team in the state today. CG takes a back seat to no one.
That's where I'm at. I like CG as #1, but their road there is very different. WN schedule top to bottom much more difficult. I struggle with putting them ahead of CG only because I think Batavia wins the now theoretical rematch as well

I don’t get why the bailed on the run. I’m assuming WN made an adjustment after SR early success but they went to the pass very early and it didn’t work. And again, not taking a knee at half. I get maybe they wanted some momentum going into half with WN getting the kick but 14-0 deficit you go in feeling OK, 21-0 you go into emergency plan. I know they didn’t intend him to drop the ball but that was the risk taken. I was going for SR in this game...I just don’t get the game plan Kuska had.
When you haven't played a close game in a few months, it's easy to lose your identity when you're down.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed to see Lausch running against Wheaton North if he was healthy. It would have been a 45 to 42 instant classic type of game. The BR defense, on the other hand, has no business coming close to a championship.

Last edited:
That's where I'm at. I like CG as #1, but their road there is very different. WN schedule top to bottom much more difficult. I struggle with putting them ahead of CG only because I think Batavia wins the now theoretical rematch as well
I really don't even like the discussion because I don't like it seeming like I'm saying a team like C-G isn't good or their competition wasn't good. I'm sure they and their competition was just fine, but it wasn't DuKane and 7A strong. It wasn't SWSB and 8A strong. And it shouldn't be. The championship game was a great win, but I don't even know how to gauge it because EStL's best wins were against MO teams and the Southwestern Conference had a rough go of it this year.

I really don't even like the discussion because I don't like it seeming like I'm saying a team like C-G isn't good or their competition wasn't good. I'm sure they and their competition was just fine, but it wasn't DuKane and 7A strong. It wasn't SWSB and 8A strong. And it shouldn't be. The championship game was a great win, but I don't even know how to gauge it because EStL's best wins were against MO teams and the Southwestern Conference had a rough go of it this year.
I agree with you Bones. The WN win over Rita is impressive and their schedule was equally good. That said I am not prepared to give them #1 until we see the 8A game. MS or Lockport might truly be the best in the state.

I severely underestimated Wheaton. What I saw in Willowbrook game was not right. Great team that won an impressive state title. Team just doesn’t make mistakes. Kudos.

eireog,

Thanks for the sentiment, I tend to agree w U. It is what it is, though--a dominating performance by WN.

After Batavia's, loss, I felt WN was obviously playing for each other, but for the DuKane as well, and they represented big time.

Reactions: Gene K.
Would have loved to see a Batavia-WN rematch in the semis but..... I think WN handling BR and SR in consecutive weeks speaks volumes to the conference that they play in.
DuKane is a great conference and one of best in the state. Great teams w great rivalries within the conference.

Back in '16, I believe, Rita upset a great SCN team in St. Charles. Some people didn't think it was an upset, but I did because SCN was a great team in a powerful conference.

You’re a class act Rock. So is St. Rita, Coach Kuska and the SR faithful on this board, witty, loner Tom, septon and the rest. Sorry about the loss tonight but you’ll be back.
How soon, who knows what's in the cupboard? They lose a lot of seniors right?

Reactions: eireog
Next year. Two sophomore backs that are studs. At least 2 O lineman, the Kingsbury LB’s, Farrell the DE. I’m sure there are many others but I’d go to war with the ones I’ve mentioned.

Reactions: Gene K.
We've known for more than 30 years that a lot of good football comes out of the Wheaton and Warrenville area.
Nailed it. Funny how the balance seems to be shifting north, but whatever, they really dominated.

After responding to an honest question, I realized what you’ve been posting. Grow up. I like honest conversation and even some harsh conversation. You have posted some rotten stuff here this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT