ADVERTISEMENT

Class 4A Title Game

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
Let's get the IC vs Bmac conversation started.
Who you got and why?

I've got Bmac. I actually believe IC will win but pulling for Bmac. Why?
People have been talking about how amazing IC is all season and for the previous two seasons. Would be super cool for Bmac to go steal the glory from IC.
Go Irish!

Reactions: Gene K.
I have Herscher over McNamara in the Olivet Nazarene Thanksgiving Tourney, and I'll take Beecher over IC in the Coal City/Manteno Thanksgiving Tourney...If anyone thought that the I-8 schools would cut either of the Catholic schools any slack, you failed to understand the level of distaste the I-8 has for them...The I-8 schools applaud their success factoring to 5A...That said, IC beat Peotone by one point and lost to Manteno by one point Monday & Tuesday without their football players...

That said, I'll take Mac in Champaign...King may get 40+ carries again, but the likely key is Hiller throwing TD's on play action passes on fakes to King...

BMac has some of the nicest fans. IC has been magical considering their niche/location.
It’s a win/win.

Wondering if either team will have and advantage/disadvantage in this rain. Looks like IC is significantly larger on defense than Bmac. Both Offensive lines are similar in size. Which team has a better running game?

ICCP - Offense Averages
Backs: 6-0, 180
Line: 6-0, 244
Receivers: 6-0, 183
ICCP - Defense Averages
Defensive Backs: 5-11, 170
Line: 6-1, 265
Linebackers: 6-1, 205

Bmac - Offense Averages
Backs: 5-11, 182
Line: 6-0, 234
Receivers: 6-0, 183
Bmac - Defense Averages
Defensive Backs: 5-9, 171
Line: 6-0, 189
Linebackers: 5-11, 191

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Wondering if either team will have and advantage/disadvantage in this rain. Looks like IC is significantly larger on defense than Bmac. Both Offensive lines are similar in size. Which team has a better running game?
I was paying no attention to the weather until you posted that. I hope that passes through before tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Cat Box
Using the point differential from the respective AC games, IC wins.

Not sure why you picked AC.
Look at the other common opponents, too.
St. Francis played them 20-51 and 20-54
Wheaton Academy played them 13-48 and 21-48

I'll say this about both AC games... Truth be told, AC did not mentally believe they were going to be competitive with IC. AC knew they could hang with Bmac because they beat them 55-28 @ Mac the year prior. AC played more competitively vs. Bmac than IC and I think that was mostly in their head.

I'll say this about both AC games... Truth be told, AC did not mentally believe they were going to be competitive with IC. AC knew they could hang with Bmac because they beat them 55-28 @ Mac the year prior. AC played more competitively vs. Bmac than IC and I think that was mostly in their head.
Picked AC because that is apparently your homer team and you are a troll. Sorry man picking/rooting for Bmac because IC crushed you is not legit.

How does a school go from 3A state champs to 1A also rans....personal attacks will be welcomed, since that is your MO.

The school raised tuition pretty significantly a few years back. Enrollment slipped from 3A to 2A. Went 4 years without a playoff win between 2013 and 2017, multiplier dropped which moved them from 2A to 1A. Will be 2A next year due to playoff win this year.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hope things keep moving forward for AC football and enrollment turns around for you and the Eagles, peace, out.

Reactions: Cat Box
Let's go Knights! Using common opponents is irrevelant in a state championship, especially when both teams played head to head. These are two evenly matched teams. Should be a great game. Bishop Mac has one of the best RBs I've ever seen live

I’m rooting for BMac because HHS/BBCHS Hates them and fears one day they might poach players from Herscher and The limestone township and Kankakee area.

IC doesn’t affect Herscher so a win by IC has less impact on HHS Tiger Fan. But he still hates all privates.

Following my logic on this next upcoming game?

Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
I am glad IC is up to 4A simply because that gave us a very entertaining 3A game.
I’m expecting the same here coming up next.

Surprised Bmac declined a FG effort and get 3 points on the board instead of going for it on 4th and 9. Maybe they don't have a good place kicker?

And we’re tied. Little too much air under that one but the WR made a nice play.

Mac better figure something out on defense. Relying on bad snaps and fumbles isn’t gonna cut it.

Tied at 14. I think we are all getting what we hoped for!
[minus the constant feed interruptions...]

Last time I checked, IC and McNamara are in the same conference...IC is the only team to beat Mac, at IC, on a hail mary in the last 30 seconds, 21-20...

And they go into half tied 14-14...

Very good game so far. Bishop Mac playing composed, mistake free football. IC shooting themselves in the foot with fumbles and penalties, but making the big play at times when its needed

Great game so far. You can tell these two teams know each other, maybe too well. Will see who makes the better halftime adjustments. Saunders looks like he’s having trouble handling snaps. Could be a factor.

Side note: Despite their good team speed, I think the 2016 version of IC was better, especially on offense. It still boggles my mind that these guys put such a beating on a 5A finalist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT