ADVERTISEMENT

CG-NND

Oct 22, 2017
CG is the #1 seed, undefeated and has beaten everyone (except for 2) by 2 tds or more
NND is #6, has 2 losses to an 8-1 Marist and a 5-4 JCA.
What are your thoughts on this game?
I see NND keeping it close but CG pulling out a win

CG is the #1 seed, undefeated and has beaten everyone (except for 2) by 2 tds or more
NND is #6, has 2 losses to an 8-1 Marist and a 5-4 JCA.
What are your thoughts on this game?
I see NND keeping it close but CG pulling out a win

C-G by 14+.

Cary Grove by 28.
CG should score 28. That’s about the only thing I’m confident of while not knowing much about ND. And not trying to sound cocky. I just don’t see anyone slowing down their offense.

DeFranza and his Dons’ defense consistently struggled at stopping Carmel Catholic’s TO offense. How will that translate to stopping CG, who can run that offense with the execution and discipline of a military academy running it?

Ain’t happening.

CG will score 40+ and win by at least three scores.

Last edited:
DeFranza and his Dons’ defense consistently struggled at stopping Carmel Catholic’s TO offense. How will that translate to stopping CG, who can run that offense with the execution and discipline of a military academy running it?

Ain’t happening.

CG will score 40+ and win by at least theee scores.

Not only that but CG apparently can throw the ball better then any Carmel team I remember

....... and JCA was without their best player (two way guy) too.
They went 5-4 without Kenyatta Williams.
Injuries happen to every team.

I didn't realize your RB played every week but week 9.

I didn't realize your RB played every week but week 9.

No he did not.
He was lost week #1.
Regardless, nearly every team suffers from injuries.
Your post implied the week #9 victory was tarnished because the opponent's top player was out with an injury.

No he did not.
He was lost week #1.
Regardless, nearly every team suffers from injuries.
Your post implied the week #9 victory was tarnished because the opponent's top player was out with an injury.

Does ND lose that game if Gavin plays? Doubtful. So bringing up they lost to a 5-4 JCA as some type of mark against them is disingenuous.

Does ND lose that game if Gavin plays? Doubtful. So bringing up they lost to a 5-4 JCA as some type of mark against them is disingenuous.
Who knows?
If Williams and Gavin were on the field, very possibly the same outcome.
Disingenuous? Take a walk.

Reactions: Omnipotent1
....... and JCA was without their best player (two way guy) too.
They went 5-4 without Kenyatta Williams.
Injuries happen to every team.
I don’t care about this discussion or outcome of the game with or without Gavin but I will say this post isn’t accurate and frankly a slap in Keenan Hailey’s face.

Reactions: ThunderPapa
At full strength, ND went toe to toe with Marist who is one of the best 8A teams. This low scoring game comes down to the wire, maybe even OT.

At full strength, ND went toe to toe with Marist who is one of the best 8A teams. This low scoring game comes down to the wire, maybe even OT.
And Marist barely beat a Naperville Central team that CG manhandled. It won't be a low scoring game.

Not only that but CG apparently can throw the ball better then any Carmel team I remember
You might remember the 2003 Corsairs that won state and QB Mark Venagoni. All reports seem to say CG can throw it very well and they certainly can run it well. Everything I’m reading has CG anywhere from a 28 to 40 point favorite. I’ll be hitting my knees in a special intention this week that the Dons can keep it close til the 4th Qtr. to have a punchers chance late.

Reactions: Gene K.
You might remember the 2003 Corsairs that won state and QB Mark Venagoni. All reports seem to say CG can throw it very well and they certainly can run it well. Everything I’m reading has CG anywhere from a 28 to 40 point favorite. I’ll be hitting my knees in a special intention this week that the Dons can keep it close til the 4th Qtr. to have a punchers chance late.

I'm not going to lie here. A semifinal appearance for us is job done for ND. Now go to 8a and kick ass.

I'm not going to lie here. A semifinal appearance for us is job done for ND. Now go to 8a and kick ass.
There’s a game Saturday at 3. I’m looking forward to that right now and focus on 8A next year if we can qualify.

I don’t care about this discussion or outcome of the game with or without Gavin but I will say this post isn’t accurate and frankly a slap in Keenan Hailey’s face.
Would you prefer he say best all around athlete, because nobody would argue that Williams isn't the best all around athlete on that team. Not as big and bruising as iannantone or hailey, but an incredible and versatile athlete who could change the game as a db, rb, or stretching the field at wr. He can impact the game in a variety of ways.

Iannantone and hailey clearly the workhorses and strong rb's, but you can define best in a number of ways and not have it be a slap in the face to someone else.

They have two multipliers because they are private and an all boys school. With that multiplier they get multiplied all the way up to 8a.

They're playing with a waiver on the non-boundaried.....they don't get a waiver for all boys too do they?

Okay so they're do get hit up twice, but the multiplier waiver is only waved for being a non boundary. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT