ADVERTISEMENT

Cascia Upsets BR: 14 - 7

Lot of starters out for Rita. Defense played lights out all game. I believe former mustang on rice #14 only had 1 catch for 4yds.

They’ll need that performance from their D and then some next week against Franny. Absolutely have to find a way to get #2 Herman in space.

Great game by the Mustangs. Justin Buckner willed that defense & team to a victory. Unbelievable performance by that kid!
MaxsonIII was held to 1 catch for 4 yards...

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Great game by the Mustangs. Justin Buckner willed that defense & team to a victory. Unbelievable performance by that kid!
MaxsonIII was held to 1 catch for 4 yards...
Absolutely beautiful press man coverage all game by #3 JR Langston Smith. Frustrated #14 by staying under his armpit all game. Take one of the game balls young man!

In the end, maybe BR is slightly better than Rita, especially at home.

Edgy knows his stuff, and had BR just ahead of Rita in 7A rankings (justifiably so). However, I believe that very good and young defense had something to do with limiting that offense to 7 points.

BR is no slouch. Now, if the O-line can open some holes for Sr. Herman and Soph. Johnson, she can be very formidable.

Lot of starters out for Rita. Defense played lights out all game. I believe former mustang on rice #14 only had 1 catch for 4yds.

They’ll need that performance from their D and then some next week against Franny. Absolutely have to find a way to get #2 Herman in space.
Rita was missing several starters? Was that on the O-line?

Edgy knows his stuff, and had BR just ahead of Rita in 7A rankings (justifiably so). However, I believe that very good and young defense had something to do with limiting that offense to 7 points.

BR is no slouch. Now, if the O-line can open some holes for Sr. Herman and Soph. Johnson, she can be very formidable.
How is the team that lost at home still slightly better than the team that just beat them?

Iggy will be the deciding factor in the crusaders going 4-5 and missing the state playoffs. Come back to this post on 10/26

Reactions: Jenny27
Saw the final but didn't get a chance to watch the game. Can never seem to get the Rita stream going each week. Two weeks in a row with losses to your recruiting rivals has to be making the wojo's crowd nervous. Thought this was supposed to be their year?

Their Defense was great and that Herman was very tough. But I thought Rita’s QB looked pretty good too.

Whatever the case, Rita kept Rice to 5 in a 100MPH zone.

Reactions: RockSoup
Saw the final but didn't get a chance to watch the game. Can never seem to get the Rita stream going each week. Two weeks in a row with losses to your recruiting rivals has to be making the wojo's crowd nervous. Thought this was supposed to be their year?
Was able to get the Rice feed for the 2nd half. That national feed is a con. Looked to me as two very even matched teams. First Rita TD the Rice corner let the receiver go expecting safety help. Rice answered quickly with a nice multi play drive. To be honest I thought Rita looked a little gassed on that drive . It was a very physical game. Rita got the ball back and the QB tooh a deep drop, took two steps up in the pocket and the Rita Receiver ran past both safeties. Two very evenly matched teams. Rice has an some extremely talented sophomore and junior classes, with Rita not to far behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT