ADVERTISEMENT

Bro Rice 0 v Warren 28 FINAL

Here’s the thing, it was a tale of 2 Halves. Rice won the first half but lost the scoreboard. And controlled field position. But Warren, after a couple attempts knew if they threw the screen they could succeed as Rice had isolation with no back up. Rice snuffed a few times but all it takes is one move or missed tackle and you are in the clear. Bam big gainer. And TD.

The second half Warren controlled the field position and they could see that they could not run against Rice and utilized the screen again. Lots of 3 and outs. 3rd and 29 they get a break and a fumble, and as they recover the fumble and advance and fumble again get a recovery for a TD .. that was the game.

Rice played valiantly but Warren’s defense was the difference maker. I’ve watched HS football a LOOOOONG time and that defense is the best I’ve ever seen up close and personal. Hats off to the Blue Devils, your revenge tour keeps on keeping on and you are as good as advertised. To my Rice kids, nice season and way to advance as far as you did. If anyone saw the game like I did the 28-0 score was not indicative of the whole game. Hard fought, respectful (minimal flags) and the better team won.

I think I said in another thread there were 6 teams that would have beaten Rice on the other side of that half of the bracket. I was wrong, but I don't think they beat: Warren, LWE, HF, BB, NV, LA, GBW, and MS.

It'll be interesting to see what Warren does with AJ.

Warren's second touchdown was a joke. Play was dead. Badke again outcoached in a big game.

Badke running the ball right at Singleton several times in the second half. They had success on the outside in the first half away from Singleton. Warren certainly the toughest defense Rice saw all year. Tough task for Rice's young offense an hour away from home. Shaw is a P5 back.

Badke running the ball right at Singleton several times in the second half. They had success on the outside in the first half away from Singleton. Warren certainly the toughest defense Rice saw all year. Tough task for Rice's young offense an hour away from home. Shaw is a P5 back.

Was curious. Couple times in the first half Rice got inside the 30 and never gave Shaw the ball. Kid is an absolute star and will be a major D1 kid before he’s done.

he’s clearly the best threat on offense and yet inside the 30 he was nowhere to be found

Come on. Seriously? Give the guy a break. He’s been to the championship game and a semi in consecutive years. I hope your as successful in your chosen trade.
he has been in his chosen trade much longer than I. (I didn't chose my trade). He clearly has trouble making adjustments sometimes.

I'm a Brother Rice football fan regardless of their success. Always will be.

Reactions: Gene K.
Was curious. Couple times in the first half Rice got inside the 30 and never gave Shaw the ball. Kid is an absolute star and will be a major D1 kid before he’s done.

he’s clearly the best threat on offense and yet inside the 30 he was nowhere to be found
He's great. That ball he dropped along the Rice sideline in the 3rd quarter... was he gone if he caught that? Looked like it from my angle but I had a hard time seeing as I got there late and was standing along the track in front of the concession stand.

he has been in his chosen trade much longer than I. (I didn't chose my trade). He clearly has trouble making adjustments sometimes.

Sometimes we end up in jobs that we just end up in. I’d prefer to say thank you to guys like Badke for what they do for very little money and far too much bullshit from guys that think they know football more than they actually do. Wasn’t long ago that people thought BR would be watching the playoffs from the sidelines and turning down a Prep Bowl offer. The future looks bright from my view. Go Crusaders!!

Rice returned 3 starters jones, Jefferson , Iraci from a 8a runner up team.

They win 8 games starting 15 underclassmen.

They battled their tails off tonight.

When did you get BR confused with MC and Loyola.

Badke has brought in the talent and the future is bright.

Rice returned 3 starters jones, Jefferson , Iraci from a 8a runner up team.

They win 8 games starting 15 underclassmen.

They battled their tails off tonight.

When did you get BR confused with MC and Loyola.

Badke has brought in the talent and the future is bright.
No one has said anything about or alluded to MC or Loyola.

I muttered the words "we'll be back" to my buddy as we left.

A parlay of BR money line and Marist money line today should've paid out +1500. Was never going to happen.

No chance edgy
When has the IHSA been pro catholic

But the IHSA had nothing to do with your loss today.

Well they pretty much got rid of the multiplier for most teams. Now you just need a two year stretch of not much playoff success to drop down two or 3 classes, instead of five years without winning. That helps catholic schools.

I think Rice turned around a season that was in jeopardy and made a great run through the playoffs. Running into a buzzsaw doesn't diminish the job those kids did. They acquitted themselves very well over the season.

I'm looking forward to pizza at Roseangela's on a late Friday afternoon next Fall and then, a quick drive west on 99th street to my favorite parking spot.

But the IHSA had nothing to do with your loss today.

Well they pretty much got rid of the multiplier for most teams. Now you just need a two year stretch of not much playoff success to drop down two or 3 classes, instead of five years without winning. That helps catholic schools.
Never said they had anything to do with it

Warren's second touchdown was a joke. Play was dead. Badke again outcoached in a big game.
I got you this time, Krock.

Warren wins this game 7/10 times. Everyone there knew after we were inside their 30 three or four times in the first half and came away with 0 points that we were in trouble.

Badke doesn’t call the plays, so I didn’t see anything that can be perceived as Badke being outcoached tonight.

How many fire Pace/Nagy/Trubisky tweets do you have on your personal Twitter account? Lol. We were outmatched and needed to play damn near perfect. We did not, and that’s life!

I think I said in another thread there were 6 teams that would have beaten Rice on the other side of that half of the bracket. I was wrong, but I don't think they beat: Warren, LWE, HF, BB, NV, LA, GBW, and MS.

It'll be interesting to see what Warren does with AJ.
Bolingbrook was on their side of the bracket.

Reactions: Gene K.
You guys are in fantasy land.
IHSA wants Catholic schools to go away more then anything. It’s always been like this .

IHSA wants Catholic schools to go away more then anything. It’s always been like this .

Do you really think the IHSA has anything to do with the 8A outcomes? If they were so worried about 8A they must have forgotten about 5A and 7A

Sober as a judge.
I’m in shock that you guys think the IHSA likes dealing with catholic schools.
It is what it is but that’s the reality.
Do you know who runs the IHSA and this goes back to the earlier 70s

Do you really think the IHSA has anything to do with the 8A outcomes? If they were so worried about 8A they must have forgotten about 5A and 7A
I never said they have anything to do with outcomes
My point is they would rather public schools win then catholic schools and that’s a fact
Has been since state started In the 70s.

Reactions: McCaravan

I don’t understand how the topic got on the IHSA and not liking Catholic schools? The BR & Marist lost to better teams. I know a lot of the private guys we’re rooting for them, some saying how cool it would be if the catholics had a clean sweep. It was posted in another thread. I believe the two best teams won and deserve to be in the final. I also believe the two teams that lost should hold their heads high as they are also very good and have a bright futures. Remember someone has to lose. It sucks I get it.

I don’t understand how the topic got on the IHSA and not liking Catholic schools? The BR & Marist lost to better teams. I know a lot of the private guys we’re rooting for them, some saying how cool it would be if the catholics had a clean sweep. It was posted in another thread. I believe the two best teams won and deserve to be in the final. I also believe the two teams that lost should hold their heads high as they are also very good and have a bright futures. Remember someone has to lose. It sucks I get it.
Great post Corey! Good luck to the Griffins!

Reactions: CGsupporter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT