ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Talk

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
It's too bad just a few years ago 5a was very strong but now weak. Both 3a IC and 4a Rochester would win 5a.

Phillips is actually a 3a team

Reactions: lkhammer57
Phillips has a 3a enrollment, but the method by which they get their kids makes them pretty different from the typical “actual” 3a team.
Agree would love to see them with Rochester and IC battle it out in one of the classes.
IC once again will make a mockery of 3a. They might “actually” get all 5 running clocks this year instead of 4/5.

Mt. Carmel with a nice gift in 7a, Bolingbrook with tough draw in 8a. MC should win first two rounds. Would kill to be in 7a.

So far

3a IC
4a Rochester
5a who cares
6a PR unless CG gets an upset
7a LZ
8a LWE
5A is better than many expected, though. Peoria and Lemont not expected to be in the 5A field. Also, Marian Central got healthy just in time to make it in there. And Viator is a tough 5-4 team to draw in the 1st round.

6A South got interesting with Naz dropping down. Great 1st round matchup of Provi/Richards.

Bolingbrook should be heavily favored in round 1, Warren is too inconsistent. They didn't bother to show up against Barrington until the game was out of reach, then they take LZ to overtime (granted needed a hail mary to get to OT, but they still got their) and turn around and lose to Zion Benton.

5A is better than many expected, though. Peoria and Lemont not expected to be in the 5A field. Also, Marian Central got healthy just in time to make it in there. And Viator is a tough 5-4 team to draw in the 1st round.

6A South got interesting with Naz dropping down. Great 1st round matchup of Provi/Richards.
I agree, MCC vs. Antioch will be fun and a possible Sterling MCC match up in the quarters would be interesting.

Reactions: diezel66
You really see the luck and unluck of the draw in the difference between #20 Fenwick and #21 Jacobs.

#20 Fenwick has to play Wheaton No. in Round 1, then would face the winner of Batavia and Glenbard No. And that's a brutal draw for #4 Batavia too.

#21 Jacobs draws LWW in Round 1, then would get the winner of Lincoln Park and Alton. I like Jacobs making it to the quarterfinals in that draw. It sure is a lot nicer draw than getting the #20 seed.

Reactions: NNFAN
We should take a knee when the IHSA does their next pairings show. I will never forgive them for the travesty of 1993. Enough is enough. A fair and democratic path to the title is all that is asked. :p
among others. There's "The Great Screw Job" in '96, "The Great Farce" of 1998, "The Sinister Set-Up" in '02... I could go on forever.
If we go through that gauntlet, do we get the Southwest Suburban trophy too?
No.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Some of you guys were bitching about draws when they had the quarters and were demanding 1-32. Now you have 1-32 you are still complaining...

To win you have to beat everyone in front of you. So just win baby

Some of you guys were bitching about draws when they had the quarters and were demanding 1-32. Now you have 1-32 you are still complaining...

To win you have to beat everyone in front of you. So just win baby
it's better to posit conspiracy theories such as "The Infamous Postponement" of 2006

AC is one of the favorites in 2a. The small farm ball teams can’t be happy to see them in the bracket. However they don’t seem to be head and shoulders better than the field like IC is in 3a.

I would say AC is the underdog.

Perhaps. Newman playing at home will be a big advantage for them.

Respect the program. Since 1985, Newman is 59-22 in the playoffs under current coach Mike Papoccia. They have been in the playoffs 23 of the last 24 years and won 5 state championships in 7 appearances. They will be ready.

Coming out of the Chicago Catholic League, AC will have no fear heading west to Sterling. This is a battle hardened team.

AC is one of the favorites in 2a. The small farm ball teams can’t be happy to see them in the bracket. However they don’t seem to be head and shoulders better than the field like IC is in 3a.

What is "small farm ball"?

It's too bad just a few years ago 5a was very strong but now weak. Both 3a IC and 4a Rochester would win 5a.

Phillips is actually a 3a team
I actually believe it was weak then, but strong now. The class now looks like what it should look like.

6A appears to be about right as well. This may be my favorite playoffs yet minus the fact we lost our QB in week 9.

Trying to claim an upset prediction here: DGN 38 Normal 21. Heard it here first, so long as no one else has mentioned it.

Someone said he got hurt last week. Didn’t buy much into it. But figured I would go to the man in the know.
He did get hurt and the frosh came in. Definitely would help your chances Newt if the frosh played. But that D is still nasty as hell!

Reactions: Cross Bones
I love our chances to go all the way if it's Vespo. It looked like he was about to get settled in when the injury happened. If it's the freshman there's not a person on the planet that knows what to expect other than that he has been raved about in secret, not unlike an Aaron Bailey (not that they are similar players, but the amount of hype). But AB wasn't ready as a frosh and needed a lot of work as a soph.

Reactions: EdgyTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT