ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Talk

Marist has a good 5-4 team in OPRF....possibly meet Ben Bryant and Lyons in round 2, then likely Loyola in quarters....that's a tough draw!

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Marist has a good 5-4 team in OPRF....possibly meet Ben Bryant and Lyons in round 2, then likely Loyola in quarters....that's a tough draw!
And Marist gave up 390 yards and 23 1st downs to a 3-6 5A team in Week 9. We will see how prepared they are for the 8A playoffs. Honestly, drawing a 5-4 OPRF and possibly Lyons in Round 2 is not a bad draw in 8A. Many others have much tougher draws.

I am going with GW to come out of the top of the 8A bracket. It seems they did a lot of experimenting and were able to find the right kids to start on defense. They are hungry. The first week's loss benefited them greatly. It kept them under the radar all year long so the pressure was off. In the playoffs, its easy to be loose and play when you are the underdog, but when favored, the noose gets tighter. The same happened with LA this year. It's going to be fun to watch.

I question Marist's chances even though they have a very good team.

They rarely schedule back to back games with 7a and 8a schools Shouldn't they really be playing in the CCL blue?

You guys are like listening to a broken record, get over it. Trying to fix a program that isn't broken. Marist has been one of the most successful Southland programs for the past 8-9 years. Maybe spend your time discussing how you can actually fix a CCL Blue team that is actually broken.

Marist season will end when they play Loyola. That's not on knock Marist. Loyola is just a better team. Marist is about 5th or 6th best 8A team. 9-0 is still a heck of a record.

Last edited:
I am going with GW to come out of the top of the 8A bracket. It seems they did a lot of experimenting and were able to find the right kids to start on defense. They are hungry. The first week's loss benefited them greatly. It kept them under the radar all year long so the pressure was off. In the playoffs, its easy to be loose and play when you are the underdog, but when favored, the noose gets tighter. The same happened with LA this year. It's going to be fun to watch.

Just for clarification you do realize that the team that beat them by 4 TDs is in that bracket? Also the team that beat that team is also in that bracket.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Just for clarification you do realize that the team that beat them by 4 TDs is in that bracket? Also the team that beat that team is also in that bracket.

In this instance it does not mean a thing. GW is a different team. They also got a nice dose of Fotis and I'm pretty sure that at a minimum know what to expect from him. Remember, they have you on film now against them, corrections will be made. Also, as you said,MS beat them by 4 touchdowns. They were embarrassed. I guarantee you they will have an edge. On top of that, posters on this board were ridiculing Duchon field. They love that field. I hope the two of you face off because it will be a fun game.

In this instance it does not mean a thing. GW is a different team. They also got a nice dose of Fotis and I'm pretty sure that at a minimum know what to expect from him. Remember, they have you on film now against them, corrections will be made. Also, as you said,MS beat them by 4 touchdowns. They were embarrassed. I guarantee you they will have an edge. On top of that, posters on this board were ridiculing Duchon field. They love that field. I hope the two of you face off because it will be a fun game.
No doubt great coaching and history at GW but MS is known to have pretty good coaching too. They will have their chance at revenge next year at Wilson Field.

No doubt great coaching and history at GW but MS is known to have pretty good coaching too. They will have their chance at revenge next year at Wilson Field.
And if things go as planned you guys can start prepping for that next Saturday!
:)

And if things go as planned you guys can start prepping for that next Saturday!
:)

Bones; how,s the B.B. kicking game? I feel it takes on such added importance with an inexperienced qb. The game plan will probably be tough defense, strong kicking game, run the ball and intermittent passing here and there. It,lol be tough but B.B. has the athletes to pull it off.

Bones; how,s the B.B. kicking game? I feel it takes on such added importance with an inexperienced qb. The game plan will probably be tough defense, strong kicking game, run the ball and intermittent passing here and there. It,lol be tough but B.B. has the athletes to pull it off.
XP has been pretty solid and if I remember correctly I think we hit a FG from a decent range. Kicker wasn't present for the game against Thornton so that's why the scouting report reflected an issue.

Kid showed he had a cannon and can hit the WR deep so teams have to cover it. But I agree with you on the game plan which should be the game plan anyways. Tough D and run the ball.

I’m just hoping Warren can compete Friday. Sure hope we can at least make it a game.
No one's looking past Warren especially with an unknown at QB. But that's why the key phrase was "if all goes as planned" I don't think it's in anyone's plan to lose (except the Bulls). It should also be Warren's plans to have MS prepping for GBW next Saturday.

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
As I recall, there was a game last year in November. A re-match if I’m not mistaken. I’m not quite sure as my memory might be playing games with me again, but didn’t the results of that game seem to suggest the MS coaching staff was quite capable?

MS4? Am I missing something? Weinergate?

As I recall, there was a game last year in November. A re-match if I’m not mistaken. I’m not quite sure as my memory might be playing games with me again, but didn’t the results of that game seem to suggest the MS coaching staff was quite capable?

MS4? Am I missing something? Weinergate?

PR: You're just validated my point. LA beat MS in game 2 last year, MS came back to win the second game. It's the same situation as I stated above with GW and MS this year ( if, and its a big if GW gets past LWE ). Regarding the MS coaches, I don't believe there's any mention of them not being capable here. On the contrary, they are an excellent staff.

To be honest what I hope happens is LA gets a chance at MS to redeem themselves in the title game. It would make for great theater. Onward and Upward with the little engine that could!

Reactions: Bowie50

Unless MS is the one seeking revenge at Wilson field.

Unless MS is the one seeking revenge at Wilson field.
Anh.. Not buying this one. I would be remorse if I didn't clarify that our loss to Hollywood last year was a far cry from what happened at Duchon field. We coulda,woulda,shoulda won the first game last year against LA.

As far as revenge goes, I'd rather meet Weinergate for all the marbles.

The brackets we all play will be available for anyone to see, so I' will lay it out there that I have GW pulling off the largest upset in the history of organized sports by beating LWE, only to suffer the let down of going o'fer against the Swagsters.

I do believe GW is a completely different team now than in August. Getting that loss out of the way allowed this team to figure our what they wanted to be. By the time they hit LT, you could tell they were feeling it. HC in the slop and a solid outing at OPRF and these guys are clicking.

They will still be 49 point underdogs to LWE, if they make it that far. But it sure will be fun to see those teams match up again like '12. My crystal ball goes dark after that.

The brackets we all play will be available for anyone to see, so I' will lay it out there that I have GW pulling off the largest upset in the history of organized sports by beating LWE, only to suffer the let down of going o'fer against the Swagsters.

I do believe GW is a completely different team now than in August. Getting that loss out of the way allowed this team to figure our what they wanted to be. By the time they hit LT, you could tell they were feeling it. HC in the slop and a solid outing at OPRF and these guys are clicking.

They will still be 49 point underdogs to LWE, if they make it that far. But it sure will be fun to see those teams match up again like '12. My crystal ball goes dark after that.

I sure hope it works out that way! We got some pretty hard work long before get that far!

Good Luck Capn’!!

Last edited:
Anh.. Not buying this one. I would be remorse if I didn't clarify that our loss to Hollywood last year was a far cry from what happened at Duchon field. We coulda,woulda,shoulda won the first game last year against LA.

As far as revenge goes, I'd rather meet Weinergate for all the marbles.

Come on PR - You know that MS is not 4 td's better than GW. You also must know that in a game once in a while, when things start going south fast, they go south really fast. That's what I think happened and GW was never able to recover. Again, they need to get past LWE ( an uphill climb ) and MS needs to do their part.

Come on PR - You know that MS is not 4 td's better than GW. You also must know that in a game once in a while, when things start going south fast, they go south really fast. That's what I think happened and GW was never able to recover. Again, they need to get past LWE ( an uphill climb ) and MS needs to do their part.
I know that just like I knew the Ramblers would pose as diaper parts for their team picture.

I know that just like I knew the Ramblers would pose as diaper parts for their team picture.

That’s fine PR. Comparing high school kids that work their tails off, are humble, excel in many facets of their lives to posing as sh.t says a lot about you. With the helmet logo, I assume you have a son on the MS team. How would you feel about unwarranted attacks on him and his teammates? Try to remember, it’s just a game.

Phillips has a 3a enrollment, but the method by which they get their kids makes them pretty different from the typical “actual” 3a team.
Agree would love to see them with Rochester and IC battle it out in one of the classes.
IC once again will make a mockery of 3a. They might “actually” get all 5 running clocks this year instead of 4/5.
What method do they get their kids????

That’s fine PR. Comparing high school kids that work their tails off, are humble, excel in many facets of their lives to posing as sh.t says a lot about you. With the helmet logo, I assume you have a son on the MS team. How would you feel about unwarranted attacks on him and his teammates? Try to remember, it’s just a game.

That’s exactly the response I expected!

I guess yours was in the photo?

That’s exactly the response I expected!

I guess yours was in the photo?
No, I don’t have a son on this team, but I would be proud if I did. I know quite a few of the families and they are good kids. Again, attacking kids is not a cool thing to do. Be nice, you and yours may be interviewing for a job with them one day.

No, I don’t have a son on this team, but I would be proud if I did. I know quite a few of the families and they are good kids. Again, attacking kids is not a cool thing to do. Be nice, you and yours may be interviewing for a job with them one day.
I didn’t attack anybody sweetie, all I did was reference an actual documented event that was posted on social media that people like yourself would ignore. I didn’t shorthand profanity , I didn’t reference a name. And yes, you’re response was exactly as expected.... Very predictable.

As far as interviewing goes, that sounded much like the folks from New Trier! Seems you keep good company.

I bet I can guess the number!

For the record... the entire team WAS NOT present for the alleged Weinergate. There were some kids with better judgement!

Last edited:
Now you are attacking the folks from New Trier? This can’t be about football because MS is victorious year in and year out. As for the interviewing line, I think you can see it was written tongue in cheek. Sorry you didn’t see that. Again your comment about the team, was completely innapropriate. As for the number part, a bit to cryptic for me, I don’t know what you mean.

Now you are attacking the folks from New Trier? This can’t be about football because MS is victorious year in and year out. As for the interviewing line, I think you can see it was written tongue in cheek. Sorry you didn’t see that. Again your comment about the team, was completely innapropriate. As for the number part, a bit to cryptic for me, I don’t know what you mean.
I didn’t attack anyone! I merely referenced an unbelievable action. I didn’t make social commentary nor did I reference politics or social status.

Also G, I didn’t suggest (like you did) that chances are you and yours are somehow below us in the working world

The New Trier boys like to comment about our shacks in PR and working for them.

That’s a total Douche thing to say with no merit.
What kind of a Dick ( this is where I’m being offensive on purpose) ( I spelled it all the way out sweetie) says something like that!

Although mine graduated from LA and not NT, if what you say about the NT kids and the shacks is true, well that’s wrong also. I personally have not seen or heard things like that from any of the football teams we have played against.

Bolingbrook should be heavily favored in round 1, Warren is too inconsistent. They didn't bother to show up against Barrington until the game was out of reach, then they take LZ to overtime (granted needed a hail mary to get to OT, but they still got their) and turn around and lose to Zion Benton.

I guess they showed up last night. Hmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT