ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Coaching What ifs..

My Kids went to LWE before LWN was built. The kids from Frankfort Square and Mokena all attended LWE. It was a mistake to build LWN. They should of done exactly what they did when they closed LWN. Rearrange the district. I believe they got it right now. IMO
God, bla, bla bla.
you are the only person I have ever blocked on any of these boards through many years yet somehow here you are again.
Yep, 210 probably should have just built one more big school at the West side of the district, but they didn’t. So what they were left with was a high performing school at the east side of the district or a school that was 60% that size scoring worse academically in the middle of a bunch of cornfields at the west side of the district and they chose to keep the cornfield school open.
Perhaps it was because the school board president at the time had a business in the cornfield section of the district before he resigned when the decision was made who knows…
All I know is that since LWN closed about 2/3 of the football players at LWE are kids who would have gone to LWN if they didn’t close that building.
Pretty sure that A J would have done fine at LWN, playing with his other FSW teammates although you seem to think he would have been overused
Darn, maybe he would have had to go to a top academic B1G school had he been forced to play at LWN what a shame.
God, bla, bla bla.
you are the only person I have ever blocked on any of these boards through many years yet somehow here you are again.
Yep, 210 probably should have just built one more big school at the West side of the district, but they didn’t. So what they were left with was a high performing school at the east side of the district or a school that was 60% that size scoring worse academically in the middle of a bunch of cornfields at the west side of the district and they chose to keep the cornfield school open.
Perhaps it was because the school board president at the time had a business in the cornfield section of the district before he resigned when the decision was made who knows…
All I know is that since LWN closed about 2/3 of the football players at LWE are kids who would have gone to LWN if they didn’t close that building.
Pretty sure that A J would have done fine at LWN, playing with his other FSW teammates although you seem to think he would have been overused
Darn, maybe he would have had to go to a top academic B1G school had he been forced to play at LWN what a shame.
Well… the topic being “coaching what if’s” won’t stop you from venting on the District Brian. I am using the Henning situation at LWE as a comparison to Hylton at LWN. AJ was/is a solid player but would not have held up to the contact Hylton took in his capacity at LWN..my opinion. You can block me but to respond by name calling obviously you can’t ignore my posts. Even as the earth was being turned for the two new schools, it was obvious only one would have been required. George Czart may have never been a head coach in District 210? He left Lockport for the opportunity and may have eventually been the man at LP. George is a great guy, better teacher and I hope he is happy with his current situation. The growth and realignment was necessary, maybe not as some desired, but closing North was the best move…again my opinion. Maybe your undies are in a bunch Bwm57 because WIU demolished your Frosh dorm? The district has moved on and you are stuck in the mud.

Reactions: corey90
If Henning had played at a still-open LWN, he probably would have been used more like Jaylin Branch and less like Julian Hylton, as the latter was a bigger kid.

Well… the topic being “coaching what if’s” won’t stop you from venting on the District Brian. I am using the Henning situation at LWE as a comparison to Hylton at LWN. AJ was/is a solid player but would not have held up to the contact Hylton took in his capacity at LWN..my opinion. You can block me but to respond by name calling obviously you can’t ignore my posts. Even as the earth was being turned for the two new schools, it was obvious only one would have been required. George Czart may have never been a head coach in District 210? He left Lockport for the opportunity and may have eventually been the man at LP. George is a great guy, better teacher and I hope he is happy with his current situation. The growth and realignment was necessary, maybe not as some desired, but closing North was the best move…again my opinion. Maybe your undies are in a bunch Bwm57 because WIU demolished your Frosh dorm? The district has moved on and you are stuck in the mud.
You make several good points here. It's a shame we have to re-visit all the mistakes made in the LW district, namely a built school that wasn't needed. After all the facts came down and the school was closed, I remember saying to people it shouldn't have been built and I said so at the time it was completed.

I remember here in Lockport when the referendum was on the ballot to have another HS built. Because of a couple classes having higher attendance numbers, people here just thought the growth would continue for years, even when there were warning signs in the housing market as early as 2003. I don't even remember how many times it was on the ballot. Once in the month of February in hopes, by some in the district, that there would be a snowstorm on the day of voting to keep the seniors away from the polls. Because a huge amount of seniors were against it. Sometimes, it's the things you don't do that are the best decisions.

I also remember some of the people living in the LW district saying we, in Lockport, needed to get into the 21st century and we didn't support education, blah, blah, blah. Saw those letters and a few articles in the paper more than once. They called us foolish. So, when LWN closed after the collapse, I wrote a letter asking those same people...how foolish do we look now? Crickets. I took no pleasure in that school closing and felt bad for the kids and the people who had the foresight to vote against it.

But, this is what happens when people, who have no business running things like this, run them. The warning signs were there and they were ignored.

Reactions: forlouann
What if Bishop McNamara had chosen a different alum to coach in the mid 70's? What if they picked Lewis U HoF baseball coach Irish O'Reilly instead of Zinanni?

If Streator had been successful the last few years, is Hassett Mac's next head coach?

What happens to Wilmington if Reents had chosen to jump to Morris at some point?

What if Reed Custer had chosen to stick with Rob Zimbelman instead of bringing in Cappel in 1998 from Clifton Central...What happens then to Clifton Central's HOF Brian Spooner? Does he perhaps bounce to Iroquois West when Boma retires and win the state title instead of RJ Haines? Who then becomes Manteno's coach in 2006?
Good Question on the Kankakee area squads.

Ill say reguardless of what happened at Streator the Boat had passed on Hasset to Mac he was probably one of the top choices for awhile if Big Z stepped down before 2010 Id say he may have been next.

Wilmington is tough because a number of assistants have been with him every step of the way. Would really depend who they brought in I think.

Cappel did wonders at Reed Custer he was the right guy at the right time.

As far as Central goes Hassett was actually a finalist for the job there in 1998 and they actually hired Bill McCartney of Aledo High School he took the job and resigned shortly after when he found a nice paise raise at Bartonsville Limestone.

Spooner could of ended up at Iroquois West their Principal was the guy who he replaced at Martinsville and probably would of been on the short list of candidates at IW if he wasnt at Central.

Not sure who would of taken the Manteno job but I think it would of drawn some good candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT