ADVERTISEMENT

Belleville West @ Edwardsville

Was not going to comment on this post from earlier. But I will say this BW is not that good offensively, I will say this again the only reason they put up as many points on ESL is because ESL is NOT good defensively.

seemed to me West was timid about throwing the ball with the weather conditions and it hurt them early. McCloskey and Levitt were never on the same page.

As I said, the key was stopping Abdur-Rahman and they didn’t come close to doing that

So much for Eville not being able to slow down West’s O. Maybe next year. Maybe they should do more jumping jacks on their sideline.
I’d love to have your comment before the game so we can get some discussion going.

Hindsight is 20/20 when it’s raining all day, eville has a strength on the ground and West has a strength in the air.

I’d love to have your comment before the game so we can get some discussion going.

Hindsight is 20/20 when it’s raining all day, eville has a strength on the ground and West has a strength in the air.

A strength in the air against who? It was dry during the game and they were 10/26 passing for 104 yards and an INT. 40 of those yards coming on a screen play due to missed tackles.

Agreed. West’s schedule was not the toughest going into this game. It def helped eville went out and played CBC and Waubonsie earlier in the year.

I never tire of hearing about West getting whipped - but I’m tired about being wrong that they could be good.

Back to my Anti West position ... until hoops this year. They will be monsters.

They were in a fairly competitive game with Eastside up until the 4th quarter...how bad can Belleville West be?

A strength in the air against who? It was dry during the game and they were 10/26 passing for 104 yards and an INT. 40 of those yards coming on a screen play due to missed tackles.

The rain stopped right before game time and the field was still wet. Their strength coming into the game was their passing game. Clearly, it wasn’t the answer last night.

Regardless, Eville looked like much the best team on field last night. Abdul-Rahman was impressive to watch

I'm sure that we'll get a clearer picture in the playoffs.

Honestly, I think that loss may have helped their 1st round matchup pending how other schools finish. I had them projected to play either Lincoln Way West or Central if they won. The trajectory now, looks like it may be Hersey which, in my opinion, is a much better matchup

The rain stopped right before game time and the field was still wet. Their strength coming into the game was their passing game. Clearly, it wasn’t the answer last night.

Regardless, Eville looked like much the best team on field last night. Abdul-Rahman was impressive to watch

From what I heard before the game, Abdul Rahman is finally motivated again with his offensive line having a couple of changes and playing a little bit better. Losing their best wide receiver for the rest of the season is going to hurt, but they have their best defensive player coming back soon too. They should be in good shape for the playoffs. That center still worries me though.

From what I heard before the game, Abdul Rahman is finally motivated again with his offensive line having a couple of changes and playing a little bit better. Losing their best wide receiver for the rest of the season is going to hurt, but they have their best defensive player coming back soon too. They should be in good shape for the playoffs. That center still worries me though.

They will be a very tough out for whichever 7-2 catches them. I can definitely see them winning a game or two, pending seeding.

Honestly, I think that loss may have helped their 1st round matchup pending how other schools finish. I had them projected to play either Lincoln Way West or Central if they won. The trajectory now, looks like it may be Hersey which, in my opinion, is a much better matchup

Yeah, I prefer that match up for them as well. Plus they play Belleville East next week. At the very least, that game should help them regain a bit of confidence heading into week one of the playoffs.

Next year, SWC May have 8A, 7A and 6A representatives in the playoffs.

Who from 8a? Edwardsville is expected to really struggle in the next few years with less and less kids playing football and not much coming up from the middle schools. Even if they have a weak schedule, they will likely really struggle to make the playoffs for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT