ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Bears have $45 million in effective cap space, that bakes in the projected draft class as of right now. That can change with added draft picks or a change in draft picks.

Mahomes is restructuring his contract, giving the Chiefs $21.6 M in salary cap space. Yeah, he wants to keep winning. Funny how winning does that to some people.

lol, diva….it’s such conjecture that he’s a diva………….
Is MHJ a diva???? He blew off the combine cause he had football things to work on.

Maybe they are getting smart and figured out they don’t need to bow down to the underwear Olympics….
Guys have been skipping the combine for years now so no one has been bowing down. Plus the combine is good for the players. It exposes them to every team in one place.

I agree. I don't know what the hell he means. Well actually I think I do and he should just say it instead of tip-toeing around it.
He has to add "running" to it, or else yeah I see your point. It's probably more region based expectations, Love and Stroud (+ Bryce Young) are from SoCal and they're keen on staying in pocket for as long as it takes.

Ok so why is he a diva then?????
Making it an announcement that he wasn't participating in the medical exam. Harrison skipped the interview process at the combine and I didn't hear a thing about that until I looked it up. He said he would submit a medical to teams he thinks may draft him. Not sure if he knows the medical at the combine would have been just one exam and any interested team could have attended rather than submit to multiple exams for multiple teams.

Demanding to have ownership stake in whichever team drafted him. If he really thought that was possible then I also question his intelligence.

Threatening to not enter the draft and return to college if he didn't like the team he thought would be drafting him.

He's been making the whole process about him, meanwhile you haven't really heard two words from Harrison.

Reactions: lweastdad
What do you guys think about Hunter Renfrow slot receiver released by the Raiders. Seems like a good fit for the Bears and he would be cheap. Great hands and route guy. Cowboys might snatch him up?

What do you guys think about Hunter Renfrow slot receiver released by the Raiders. Seems like a good fit for the Bears and he would be cheap. Great hands and route guy. Cowboys might snatch him up?
What does it matter who the receivers are with the messiah coming in at QB? He'll probably make Velus Jones an all pro! 🤣

Meh I’ll pass.

One note for #9… Falcons signed Mooney for good $$, no chance they draft a WR at 8. Titans signed Ridley for real big bucks and drafted a WR rd 1 last yr. Cross them off for Odunze/Nabers.

It’s looking decent for Odunze or Nabers to be available at 9. Of course trades can always shake things up.

Reactions: Wassup13 and 4Afan
Meh I’ll pass.

One note for #9… Falcons signed Mooney for good $$, no chance they draft a WR at 8. Titans signed Ridley for real big bucks and drafted a WR rd 1 last yr. Cross them off for Odunze/Nabers.

It’s looking decent for Odunze or Nabers to be available at 9. Of course trades can always shake things up.
I am not looking to pass on Odunze just a slot receiver that is an outlet for the QB. I am also not saying he is an answer but a piece at a cheap price. He was loved by Raider fans and seems to be a top notch guy. If you can get him to fill a role at a great price why not? I will take Odunze or? In the draft but FA. This could be a good experienced WR to give a gifted QB more weapons.

Reactions: stl705
I am not looking to pass on Odunze just a slot receiver that is an outlet for the QB. I am also not saying he is an answer but a piece at a cheap price. He was loved by Raider fans and seems to be a top notch guy. If you can get him to fill a role at a great price why not? I will take Odunze or? In the draft but FA. This could be a good experienced WR to give a gifted QB more weapons.
You’re right we gotta get somebody for WR3 and probably even WR4 or 5. Idk about Renfroe or his price, but maybe. He had a nice season and then fell off. I agree we gotta find someone though. I don’t even know whose still available in FA. I’d also be fine drafting one at 9 + later rounds.

Reactions: corey90
Meh I’ll pass.

In theory, but both Odunze and Nabers will be on rookie contracts so the money the Falcons and Titans just paid for WRs isn't really a factor. I still say they'll both be gone by #9. I hope not, but I think the Giants take one at #6 and the other to Atlanta at #8. Mooney would play the slot role with Drake London and either Nabers or Odunze on the outsides.

Atlanta is in a terrible division and became the favorites with the Cousins signings and if get a top 3 WR in this draft they're a lock for the playoffs for several years.

You’re right we gotta get somebody for WR3 and probably even WR4 or 5. Idk about Renfroe or his price, but maybe. He had a nice season and then fell off. I agree we gotta find someone though. I don’t even know whose still available in FA. I’d also be fine drafting one at 9 + later rounds.
Well if you draft #9 then say goodbye to any of the other top 3 receivers. Unless you think like Wassup and say trade #1 and I am not in favor of doing that at all. I believe Poles has taken to long to announce what he is doing. He has already done Fields wrong in my opinion. Fields if he trades him has no chance to be a starter. If he keeps Fields and trades the #1 then Fields didn’t need to go through all this. He is making a mess of the.QB drama. At this point Fields value has dropped. Forget the pie in the sky in loading up draft picks. Nobody is biting or wants what he is peddling.

Well if you draft #9 then say goodbye to any of the other top 3 receivers. Unless you think like Wassup and say trade #1 and I am not in favor of doing that at all. I believe Poles has taken to long to announce what he is doing. He has already done Fields wrong in my opinion. Fields if he trades him has no chance to be a starter. If he keeps Fields and trades the #1 then Fields didn’t need to go through all this. He is making a mess of the.QB drama. At this point Fields value has dropped. Forget the pie in the sky in loading up draft picks. Nobody is biting or wants what he is peddling.
They can still get a good amount of picks if they trade #9.

What has he made a mess of? Any team interested was going to wait for free agency regardless of what Poles said. I fail to see what drama you're talking about.

In theory, but both Odunze and Nabers will be on rookie contracts so the money the Falcons and Titans just paid for WRs isn't really a factor. I still say they'll both be gone by #9. I hope not, but I think the Giants take one at #6 and the other to Atlanta at #8. Mooney would play the slot role with Drake London and either Nabers or Odunze on the outsides.

Atlanta is in a terrible division and became the favorites with the Cousins signings and if get a top 3 WR in this draft they're a lock for the playoffs for several years.
Mooney is no slot receiver. He doesn’t have the hands or the body to take the hits. Bad move if that’s their thinking. You maybe right about the Bears getting any of the top receivers unless one of those teams sees a bigger need and passes.

Mooney is no slot receiver. He doesn’t have the hands or the body to take the hits. Bad move if that’s their thinking. You maybe right about the Bears getting any of the top receivers unless one of those teams sees a bigger need and passes.
He's literally the same size as Renfroe and he had more catches and yards than Renfroe over the last 2 years.

Atlanta has drafted offensive playmakers with 3x 1st rd picks in a row. They just brought in a high dollar QB. They aren’t drafting another WR at 8. I think they could trade down a few picks, maybe even to MN at 11 and MN gets JJ.

NYG maybe but they want to get away from Jones and have a plethora of young WRs they are building with. I think NYG goes QB or trades back.

As far as needing WR3, yes, but that’s a lot easier to fill if we land Odunze/Nabors.

He's literally the same size as Renfroe and he had more catches and yards than Renfroe over the last 2 years.
He is not a slot receiver. We will watch. Renfroe is proven and is tough, Mooney isn’t and hasn’t been. He drops balls like they are hot potatoes.

Atlanta has drafted offensive playmakers with 3x 1st rd picks in a row. They just brought in a high dollar QB. They aren’t drafting another WR at 8. I think they could trade down a few picks, maybe even to MN at 11 and MN gets JJ.

NYG maybe but they want to get away from Jones and have a plethora of young WRs they are building with. I think NYG goes QB or trades back.

As far as needing WR3, yes, but that’s a lot easier to fill if we land Odunze/Nabors.
Totally agree. I never said Renfroe just a question because he is a proven tough good hands receiver that plays the slot and most likely would be cheap FA.

He is not a slot receiver. We will watch. Renfroe is proven and is tough, Mooney isn’t and hasn’t been. He drops balls like they are hot potatoes.
How is he proven or tough? Because you saw him take a hit once? He's missed time in 2 of his 5 seasons including 7 games in 2022. He had all of 25 catches for 255 yards last year and he played in all 17 games. He had one great year in 2021 just like Mooney, but his role and his success have diminished since then.

He's a role player, that's it. He played in all 17 games, but started only 3. He comes in for specific packages, he's not an every down WR.

Renfroe has 12 career fumbles to Mooney's 1. Renfroe has 10 drops in his career to Mooney's 15, so it's not like he's head and shoulders above him in terms of sure handedness. Renfroe has missed 10 games in his career to Mooney's 7. So nothing you are saying is correct. Mooney also played more snaps in the slot over the last 2 seasons thanin previous years.

I have no issue with you liking Renfroe, but the numbers don't support your reasoning.

I was going to respond but actually you’re not worth it. Have a beer and relax. You get to excited on almost every post. Chill a little. 😂

Making it an announcement that he wasn't participating in the medical exam. Harrison skipped the interview process at the combine and I didn't hear a thing about that until I looked it up. He said he would submit a medical to teams he thinks may draft him. Not sure if he knows the medical at the combine would have been just one exam and any interested team could have attended rather than submit to multiple exams for multiple teams.

Demanding to have ownership stake in whichever team drafted him. If he really thought that was possible then I also question his intelligence.

Threatening to not enter the draft and return to college if he didn't like the team he thought would be drafting him.

He's been making the whole process about him, meanwhile you haven't really heard two words from Harrison

You're right. Harrison isn't saying anything. Hell no one knows for sure what will happen. I don't think I have said anywhere here that the Bears should draft Williams. The more red flags I see with him, the more I think the Bears should take Harrison first. I could be wrong. But there is no way in hell Williams gets an ownership stake in Chicago and it better not happen anywhere else. That would really set a bad precedent.

But it seems to me as if one of two things are happening with Fields. One, the Bears are putting him out there and no one is biting because the Bears are making offers that can be refused. Or, two, they will keep him. I don't like that idea. But if you bring in a guy like Williams and he's a locker room cancer, it will be more destructive that poor play. I have always said, as a person I like Fields. I just wish he was playing better.

Reactions: 4Afan
I was going to respond but actually you’re not worth it. Have a beer and relax. You get to excited on almost every post. Chill a little. 😂
But he's the one who told all of us to relax. 😄 😄 I am sure as hell not going to try and psychoanalyze anyone here. If I psychoanalyze anyone I will look for the nearest mirror in my house. 😄

I'm very relaxed and chill. Not excited, I'm just a nerd and looking into facts and stats is what relaxes me. ☺️

But there is no way in hell Williams gets an ownership stake in Chicago and it better not happen anywhere else. That would really set a bad precedent
No worries there, it's not possible, the league won't allow it. While he's with the Bears I think there's something that says he can't be a player/owner and if he were to ever play for another team he can't own one team and play for another.

Something I suspect he probably already knew, but just threw it out there for more attention.

Did anyone hear the Devin Hester interview yesterday?

I think Devin knows something but is not saying it.

Last edited:
I find it strange that all these FA backup QBs are getting signed and we have Fields still waiting. Poles didn’t want to hurt him but it seems like he has definitely put him in an awful position. IMO he should have never said it would take a haul to trade him.

Bears trade 4th round pick to Chargers for WR Keenan Allen. Leaving them with only 4 picks. Safe to say they will be trading #1 or #9 at this point.

So far my grade for Poles this off-season is a D.

And with only 4 draft picks left there is no way to improve that grade no matter what he does.
Let’s see - addressed safety and depth at safety. Vastly improved No 2 WR and RB, improved depth on O Line, got a center.

Not sure what else you would like him to do. Keep in mind after this season you’ll have to extend Moore and Jenkins.

The draft is rich in WR and Edge talent.

And every player he signed he got below market value.

THIS is how you build a roster.

Now if that earns a D, well then I’m not sure what you’re watching.

Let’s see - addressed safety and depth at safety. Vastly improved No 2 WR and RB, improved depth on O Line, got a center.

Not sure what else you would like him to do. Keep in mind after this season you’ll have to extend Moore and Jenkins.

The draft is rich in WR and Edge talent.

And every player he signed he got below market value.

THIS is how you build a roster.

Now if that earns a D, well then I’m not sure what you’re watching.

How many players they acquired are on the upside of their career and how many are on the downside of their career? Remember Allen is a one year deal.

Fundamentally I am more of a believer of building a team through the draft and not trading picks away. I like Brisker, Gordon, Wright, Stevenson, Jenkins and Roshon obtained through the draft. I'm not big on FA until your a playoff team.

Therefore my philosophy is much different then others on the board. I would never be down to 4 draft picks entering the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT