ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Leadership? I don't think so. If you can't figure that out by now I'm worried about you.

Williams is a problem and the issues keep adding up. He just declined a workout for the Bears.

This divas issues are just going to continue to add up.
Wassup
You don’t know me so you don’t need to worry about me. 😂

This offseason combine stuff is nonsense. Who cares he skipped the combine workouts? What matters is on the field.
See Johnny Manzel or Jameis Winston. Off field matters.

Agree, the combine workouts don't matter, more and more people skip the combine and just workout on their pro days. The fact that he is the first person in combine history not to submit to a medical evaluation speaks to his arrogance.

On the field, he showed he had the strongest arm, most accurate arm
False. Completion percentage last year.

Nix 77.4%
JJ 72.3%
Daniels 72.2%
Williams 68.6%
Penix 65.4%
Maye 63.3%
Where exactly is the lack of leadership and “problems” you guys are talking about?
Watch his games against ranked opponents last year. Wasn't exactly there for his teammates when things weren't going his way. Pouting on the sidelines at ND, crying in the stands against Washington.

All the talent in the world, but it's all about him.

I want him to lead the Bears to the promised land but I still don't get why everyone is over the moon for this kid.

See Johnny Manzel or Jameis Winston. Off field matters.

Agree, the combine workouts don't matter, more and more people skip the combine and just workout on their pro days. The fact that he is the first person in combine history not to submit to a medical evaluation speaks to his arrogance.

False. Completion percentage last year.

Nix 77.4%
JJ 72.3%
Daniels 72.2%
Williams 68.6%
Penix 65.4%
Maye 63.3%

Watch his games against ranked opponents last year. Wasn't exactly there for his teammates when things weren't going his way. Pouting on the sidelines at ND, crying in the stands against Washington.

All the talent in the world, but it's all about him.

I want him to lead the Bears to the promised land but I still don't get why everyone is over the moon for this kid.
Bo Nix career 66.4% and 113 tds in 5 yrs.
JJ career 67.6%.
Daniels career 66.3% 89 tds in 4.5 yrs.
Penix career 63.3% 114 tds in 49 games
Williams 66.9% and 93 tds in 2.5 yrs /37 games.

Williams beat Oregon fresh year, ND his Soph year throwing for 82% completion.

Again, the combine stuff means nothing, Jameis and Johnny had their own issues involving substances, sexual abuse, and crab legs. Williams is that he’s skipping combine workouts and crying after a loss 😂. The Bears are drafting this guy 1 instead of trading the pick for a reason.

Reactions: corey90 and 4Afan
Nix has the highest completion percentage of all time so not sure where you're getting your stats from.

Jameis and Johnny had their own issues involving substances, sexual abuse, and crab legs.
So you agree off field stuff is a factor.

Williams is that he’s skipping combine working 😂
Not that he's skipping the workout, most do that now, as I said. It's that he's the first ever to refuse to provide a medical exam.

I think the main thing with Williams that is causing doubt is that the big team wins weren't there mixed with what appears to be an exceptionally deep QB class. There's a good chance, based on the eye test, that up to 7 or 8 QBs on this class will be difference makers. However, it's just so hard to pick a "guarantee" like Luck, Stafford, and a few others.

I also think that if this was last year, the Bears taking Williams would be a "no brainier", but the depth of this class mixed with his final college season are casting the doubts. Not only that, but you have what seems to be an exceptional WR and OT class as well. The Bears have a phenomenal chance to make leaps next year if the puzzle pieces fit.

Lastly, that fleecing of Carolina last year also skews our views on everything. If we get some team to give up the farm to move up again, it would be hard not to take. That's why I really hope Washington or New England take a shot because I feel like we can get another top 10 pick again next year if we flip flop with with on them. In the end, none of us really know (even if some of us claim to). That's what I love so much about the draft.

Reactions: 4Afan
I think the main thing with Williams that is causing doubt is that the big team wins weren't there mixed with what appears to be an exceptionally deep QB class. There's a good chance, based on the eye test, that up to 7 or 8 QBs on this class will be difference makers. However, it's just so hard to pick a "guarantee" like Luck, Stafford, and a few others.

I also think that if this was last year, the Bears taking Williams would be a "no brainier", but the depth of this class mixed with his final college season are casting the doubts. Not only that, but you have what seems to be an exceptional WR and OT class as well. The Bears have a phenomenal chance to make leaps next year if the puzzle pieces fit.

Lastly, that fleecing of Carolina last year also skews our views on everything. If we get some team to give up the farm to move up again, it would be hard not to take. That's why I really hope Washington or New England take a shot because I feel like we can get another top 10 pick again next year if we flip flop with with on them. In the end, none of us really know (even if some of us claim to). That's what I love so much about the draft.
Bingo!

The final thing I'll say on this subject is would all you Williams fans feel the same way if the Bears didn't have the top pick? Would you think Williams was a no brainer if the Packers, Jets, Browns, or Texans had the #1 pick?

The medical record thing is laughable, his reasons were sound.
Nix has the highest completion percentage of all time so not sure where you're getting your stats from.

Not that he's skipping the workout, most do that now, as I said. It's that he's the first ever to refuse to provide a medical exam.
why is the medical thing an issue??????
The Bears are gonna get it.

And kudos to the players taking back control…. I applaud MH jr for saying “I’m working on football stuff.” You can train to be good at combine stuff…

The medical record thing is laughable, his reasons were sound.

why is the medical thing an issue??????
The Bears are gonna get it.

And kudos to the players taking back control…. I applaud MH jr for saying “I working in football stuff.” You can train to be good at combine stuff…
Are they?

Why is he the only one, ever to get a pass on the medical evaluation?

If you were a billionaire and were looking to pay somone millions of dollars to do a job would you let him dictate the terms?

Are they?

If you were a billionaire and were looking to pay somone millions of dollars to do a job would you let him dictate the terms?
The Bears will get the full medical on him….
And he’s the first NIL “guy”. He won’t be the last. I’m not worried about that part.

The Bears will get the full medical on him….
And he’s the first NIL “guy”. He won’t be the last. I’m not worried about that part.
Will they?

That's what I'm most worried about. He's already got the money, so what's his incentive to perform? So he gets a rookie contract and he's got $2 mil on top of that so what's his incentive beyond that?

Bo Nix had a better completion pct as a 23 and a half year old senior. Career wise, Williams had a better mark.

Also, yes off field issues absolutely matter. My argument is the “issues” you’re putting on Williams are a joke.

The kid has been the no brainer 1st overall pick LONG before the Bears got the 1st overall pick.

Are they?

I think the Billionaire would say yes he sounds like a leader!
Did I see it right.
Williams passed for 93 TDs in 2 1/2 years 66.9% completions.
Nix passed for 116 in 5years 66.4%. It took Nix twice as long. I mean that’s pretty glaring stat.

Sure I don’t think Fields is the answer here or with the Vikings.

Corey I had a feeling you are good with this.

What about everyone else?

If you believe in Williams over Fields it should likely be two easy wins for the Bears every year.

Those for Williams #1.

Are you OK if Fields goes to the Vikings?
I’d prefer to send him to a non division team if the trade return is similar, ie Steelers 4th rd vs Vikings 4th rd. Unless they pay a premium, I’d rather not help an in-division team get a starting QB.

I also don’t think people who are for Williams at #1 have to be anti- Fields. I like Fields, love his mentality and leadership. I think trading down from 1 makes us a better team than what we are today. I also think taking Caleb Williams at 1 and grabbing Odunze or Nabers at 9 makes us a lot better team as well. The Bears are in a good position for once.

Last edited:
It’s starting to look like we gave up more for Nick Foles than we’re gonna get for Fields 👀.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Funny but unless you’re a leader the view never changes. Billionaires and smart people think outside the box and are usually right. Conventional thinkers like you live in a cube and never realize your full potential. You really need to open your eyes and not let these little insignificant differences hold you back. Hahahaha

Call me in the minority but what is the rush to get rid of fields? The thought they were gonna get a 1 or high two was silly then as it is now.

Nothing says you have to move him.

In terms of free agency tomorrow and this week will be fascinating. I don’t expect them to spend a ton on one player. But I also didn’t expect them to do what they did at LB last year either.

Poles is a pretty sly guy. I wouldn’t wanna play him in poker.

Call me in the minority but what is the rush to get rid of fields? The thought they were gonna get a 1 or high two was silly then as it is now.

In terms of free agency tomorrow and this week will be fascinating. I don’t expect them to spend a ton on one player. But I also didn’t expect them to do what they did at LB last year either.

Agree Lake
Nothing says they have to but the money says they will? Or they will keep him and trade the #1. If they trade Fields I don’t believe they get the haul Poles was hoping for, so let’s see how this plays out. It’s poker time and where Poles was holding the cards/upper hand he better be a good bluffer because they are about to call his hand. If you can’t get what you want I agree keep Fields and sign Williams. It may not be the popular move but it might be our only move that makes sense.

Last edited:

Agree, but the only issue is that if they choose to keep him they have to pick up his 5th year option by May 2.

And why is Fields still on the table. Yeah you made your own point.
Huh? You made the comment that teams were in favor of drafting a QB rather than trading for Fields. I responded that they were waiting for free agency.

Funny but unless you’re a leader the view never changes. Billionaires and smart people think outside the box and are usually right. Conventional thinkers like you live in a cube and never realize your full potential. You really need to open your eyes and not let these little insignificant differences hold you back. Hahahaha
Man, I wish you were my boss. I'd march into your office and demand at least a $250k salary, tell you I'll only work Tuesday-Thursday, and won't be in before 10am and wait for you to pat me on the back and tell me what a natural leader I am.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Man, I wish you were my boss. I'd march into your office and demand at least a $250k salary, tell you I'll only work Tuesday-Thursday, and won't be in before 10am and wait for you to pat me on the back and tell me what a natural leader I am.
Omg he didn’t bow down to the billionaires for the underwear Olympics!!!!

NIL is giving players more leverage, like it or not.

Omg he didn’t bow down to the billionaires for the underwear Olympics!!!!

NIL is giving players more leverage, like it or not.
More leverage in college, yes. Sorry if I find it odd that he's the first player ever to not provide a medical evaluation. He's not the first NIL player to ever go through the combine.

Let's also not forget one of his initial demands was an ownership stake in whichever team drafted him until he found out that's not possible.

Reactions: Wassup13
More leverage in college, yes. Sorry if I find it odd that he's the first player ever to not provide a medical evaluation. He's not the first NIL player to ever go through the combine.

Let's also not forget one of his initial demands was an ownership stake in whichever team drafted him until he found out that's not possible.
If he denies the Bears his medicals come talk to me…

Why do KC/BUF/CIN need his medicals?
Cause that’s how it’s always been? That’s not a reason…so overblown unless he denies all teams. Which he said he will disclose to teams that have opportunity to draft him.

Ya we haven’t heard much about that initial demand have we????????

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT