ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Comments from his USC teammates as well don't give me confidence in his leadership ability as well.

I have no problem with him being competitive and emotional, but climbing into the stands to cry with his mom is nothing anyone had ever seen before. If he lost a heartbreaker in the national championship it would be one thing but this was a random regular season game.

It also wasn't just one instance. Watch his body language at the end of the games against ranked teams where he had to face actual defenses and couldn't do whatever he wanted.

I hope I'm 100% wrong if the Bears draft him, but I don't see generational, can't miss prospect from what I saw of him this past season.
You’re actually comical. 4A your reading way to much in to it. You have no idea what he was discussing with his mom nor do I. Stop pretending you know because you don’t. If you don’t want him ok but don’t attack his character because he was having an emotional moment. I believe he is actually one tough SOB and a leader. Had complete confidence on his ability and what he wants to achieve. That’s something the Bears have never experienced in a QB.

You’re actually comical. 4A your reading way to much in to it. You have no idea what he was discussing with his mom nor do I. Stop pretending you know because you don’t. If you don’t want him ok but don’t attack his character because he was having an emotional moment. I believe he is actually one tough SOB and a leader. Had complete confidence on his ability and what he wants to achieve. That’s something the Bears have never experienced in a QB.
I don't know or care what was said, just watch the video it has nothing to do with any conversation he had, he was openly sobbing in her arms. I'm a degenerate who watches entirely too much college football and I've never seen that.

I don't know or care what was said, just watch the video it has nothing to do with any conversation he had, he was openly sobbing in her arms. I'm a degenerate who watches entirely too much college football and I've never seen that.
😂
We have that in common. My wife DVRs college game day so I might sleep in on the weekend. Hahahaha
Love that show. It’s the best in sports. NFL can learn from them. Pat McAfee really bought even more life to the show. It truly gets you ready for the games.

😂
We have that in common. My wife DVRs college game day so I might sleep in on the weekend. Hahahaha
Love that show. It’s the best in sports. NFL can learn from them. Pat McAfee really bought even more life to the show. It truly gets you ready for the games.
Thought McAfee was leaving Gameday soon?

A4
If Williams plays anything like Mahomes for the Bears you won’t care if he cries. 😂

Williams 6’1” , so all the talk of him being shorter was all garbage.
I said that early on but some people just want to hate. By the way did you know he is faster than Mahomes in the forty. Really nifty in the pocket and has a strong accurate arm. My big concern is sometimes he tries to make something that isn’t there, instead of just getting rid of the ball. That said most of the great QBs do this at times it’s also why they are great.

Last edited:
I said that early on but some people just want to hate. By the way did you know he is faster than Mahomes in the forty. Really nifty in the pocket and has a strong accurate arm. My big concern is sometimes he tries to make something that isn’t there, instead of just getting rid of the ball. That said most of the great QBs do this ant times it’s also why they are great.
Mahomes isn’t fast in nfl terms…

I said that early on but some people just want to hate. By the way did you know he is faster than Mahomes in the forty. Really nifty in the pocket and has a strong accurate arm. My big concern is sometimes he tries to make something that isn’t there, instead of just getting rid of the ball. That said most of the great QBs do this ant times it’s also why they are great.
But he cried once…

Reactions: corey90
At the combine how many quotes do you hear Caleb talking about himself and how many quotes do you hear him talking about the Bears team? Nuff said!

Last edited:
I still think some public relations needle-threading or triangulation is behind the push for C. Williams versus D. Maye.

Let me guess the Bears would be giving QB Drake Maye jersey #23 to sell tickets.

I said that early on but some people just want to hate. By the way did you know he is faster than Mahomes in the forty. Really nifty in the pocket and has a strong accurate arm. My big concern is sometimes he tries to make something that isn’t there, instead of just getting rid of the ball. That said most of the great QBs do this at times it’s also why they are great.
Even coming out of college I don't think Mahomes was ever thought to have top speed.

Even coming out of college I don't think Mahomes was ever thought to have top speed.
No but he can run, he is smart and picks his moments. KC doesn’t design run plays for him like the Bears did for Fields. Williams is smart and also picks his moments to run, he is just faster than Mahomes. Fields is faster than both. Atlanta will be happy to have Fields until they find out he can’t find the open receiver.

At the combine how many quotes do you hear Caleb talking about himself and how many quotes do you hear him talking about the Bears team? Nuff said!
Lol
You really are gullible. I seen him talk about the Bears. Why would he talk to much about the Bears when the Bears haven’t announced if they are Trading Fields or keeping him. Say what you want but Caleb talking about himself tells me he exudes confidence. I also seem the mock draft showing the Bears taking Williams #1 and Adumze #9. I am totally on board with that. Make trade with Atlanta and then go after a center or an edge rusher. Plenty of free agents available also so pick up a couple free agents DB etc. if the Bears make these moves they will look totally different next year.

Huh???????????
Silly post.
Hey SiuCubFan8
Wassup doesn’t like Caleb Williams, he has said it multiple times. In fact he doesn’t like any of the QBs in this year’s draft. Funny because all the experts say this draft is one best for a QB. I am not sure why Wassup doesn’t like him, maybe because they compare him to Mahomes? We know he loves Mahomes. Maybe he doesn’t like Williams personality? Who knows. He can’t argue with his numbers in college or his athletic abilities. We will see what the Bears do and we will see how Williams does in the NFL. He will be playing somewhere. Hopefully with the Bears but if not he will be picked in the top 3 for sure.

Hey SiuCubFan8
Wassup doesn’t like Caleb Williams, he has said it multiple times. In fact he doesn’t like any of the QBs in this year’s draft. Funny because all the experts say this draft is one best for a QB. I am not sure why Wassup doesn’t like him, maybe because they compare him to Mahomes? We know he loves Mahomes. Maybe he doesn’t like Williams personality? Who knows. He can’t argue with his numbers in college or his athletic abilities. We will see what the Bears do and we will see how Williams does in the NFL. He will be playing somewhere. Hopefully with the Bears but if not he will be picked in the top 3 for sure.

He may have a chance to be good in Washington but not the Bears.

You better hope he gets picked #2.

• Haha
Reactions: corey90
If he gets drafted by someone else and ends up being an HOFer everyone will complain and say the Bears blew it again but there's no guarantee he would have been the same guy on the Bears. Same goes for Mahomes. I don't care what anyone says, if the Bears had drafted him there's a 0% chance the Bears would have 3 Super Bowl wins in the last 5 years. Mahomes has said Reid made him who he is. You can't just put any QB on any team and say they'd be the same QB with the same numbers.
I said this before...but carry on.

I know right. Funny the way people react.
Corey, the reason I'm skeptical is that the crying may show softness in his personality that the chicago press would eat him alive. there has been plenty of players that came to chicago and wilted under the pressure. Trubisky is the latest one.

Reactions: 4Afan
Corey, the reason I'm skeptical is that the crying may show softness in his personality that the chicago press would eat him alive. there has been plenty of players that came to chicago and wilted under the pressure. Trubisky is the latest one.
I’m not worried. He will handle it fine. I expect big things from him, he will win the fans over with his play. The Bears have never had a franchise QB. Caleb could be the first for this city. Long overdue IMO

Russel Wilson being cut today could hurt the Bears in trading Fields. He'll likely sign somewhere for vet minimum. Steelers/Falcons/etc. could pay Wilson $1.21 million, and also save draft picks.

Reactions: 4Afan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT