ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

A4 you maybe right. I don’t personally know him nor do you but one thing is certain someone is going to draft him and prolly #1. If the Bears pass on him and he turns out as good as advertised then we can all complain about Bears management. The Bears have a history of making poor decisions in the draft why would anyone expect them to be different this year. Wassup brings up Mahomes almost every thread when comparing QBs that the Bears could have drafted.
If he gets drafted by someone else and ends up being an HOFer everyone will complain and say the Bears blew it again but there's no guarantee he would have been the same guy on the Bears. Same goes for Mahomes. I don't care what anyone says, if the Bears had drafted him there's a 0% chance the Bears would have 3 Super Bowl wins in the last 5 years. Mahomes has said Reid made him who he is. You can't just put any QB on any team and say they'd be the same QB with the same numbers.

Reactions: Gene K.
The crying thing is the most laughable thing I’ve read in awhile…

I would recommend listening to Greg Gabriel who is a 30+ year NFL scout and contributer to the BarRoom Network podcasts.

Another person I really like on discussing the draft is NBC Sports Chicago Glynn Morgan.

Last edited:
If he gets drafted by someone else and ends up being an HOFer everyone will complain and say the Bears blew it again but there's no guarantee he would have been the same guy on the Bears. Same goes for Mahomes. I don't care what anyone says, if the Bears had drafted him there's a 0% chance the Bears would have 3 Super Bowl wins in the last 5 years. Mahomes has said Reid made him who he is. You can't just put any QB on any team and say they'd be the same QB with the same numbers.
Are you saying the Bears ruin QBs? LMAO
I have said the Bears are where QBs go to die. Maybe Poles has a plan? I have absolute zero confidence in Eberflus.

But Corey a QB who cries when he loses and has to be comforted by his mother after a loss just does not spell out Bears football to me.

Bears football is Plank, Fencik, Butkus, Marshall, Payton, Dent, McMichael and the rest. It's blue collar tough guys ready to kick the sh** out of the opponent.

Not about soft guys who run home to their mummy.
And how has that worked out for them? 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 win

Are you saying the Bears ruin QBs? LMAO
I have said the Bears are where QBs go to die. Maybe Poles has a plan? I have absolute zero confidence in Eberflus.
No, remove the Bears from the equation. Mahomes wouldn't be Mahomes on the Cowboys, Pats, Lions, or any other team. He's in the perfect situation and that's what it takes. Not just taking who has the best numbers but who fits with the coach and existing roster.

I would recommend listening to Greg Gabriel who is a 30+ year NFL scout and contributer to the BarRoom Network podcasts.
No
Wassup we know you don’t think any of the QBs in this year’s draft are worth squat. We know you don’t like Williams! We will see how he does in the NFL soon enough. If he goes to another team I think he will be everything they are saying. If he goes to the Bears all bets are off. I mean it’s a crap shoot with the Bears. They do things that boggle the mind. I am just praying Poles has enough balls to protect the QB he selects. It’s going to be fun!

Reactions: Wassup13
No, remove the Bears from the equation. Mahomes wouldn't be Mahomes on the Cowboys, Pats, Lions, or any other team. He's in the perfect situation and that's what it takes. Not just taking who has the best numbers but who fits with the coach and existing roster.
Sorry I don’t believe that at all. Mahomes is a special talent and he does things that not many can do or have ever done. Why do you think they say you can’t give Mahomes the ball with time left to win the game?

Reactions: Wassup13 and stl705
We removed Tom Brady from New England and realized how overrated Belicheck and Pats organization is. We removed Brady from Tampa and got a .500 team over 2 years.

Mahomes would have won a super bowl with a lot of teams imo. Andy Reid was known as a coach who could win regular season games, but not big games before he got PM15.

Last edited:
No
Wassup we know you don’t think any of the QBs in this year’s draft are worth squat. We know you don’t like Williams! We will see how he does in the NFL soon enough. If he goes to another team I think he will be everything they are saying. If he goes to the Bears all bets are off. I mean it’s a crap shoot with the Bears. They do things that boggle the mind. I am just praying Poles has enough balls to protect the QB he selects. It’s going to be fun!

I had much more confidence of picking Carter in last years draft than I do with Williams in this years draft.

Also think about it. Williams could not even beat out Spencer Rattler for the starting job at Oklahoma.

Reactions: 4Afan
I had much more confidence of picking Carter in last years draft than I do with Williams in this years draft.

Also think about it. Williams could not even beat out Spencer Rattler for the starting job at Oklahoma.
Rattler transferred out of OU cuz he got beat out by a Freshman Williams. You’ve got it the opposite way.

I’m sold on Williams. Kid has it.

Last edited:
Rattler transferred out of OU cuz he got beat out by a Freshman Williams. You’ve got it the opposite way.

I’m sold on Williams. Kid has it.

Rattler was the starter for Oklahoma during the 2020 season.

Rattler started the 2021 season for Oklahoma and was playing so bad that Williams took over as starting qb midway through that season.

Looks like Mike Evans is going to test the free agent market. Time for Virginia to open her coin purse and pay that man.

You nor I know his mental toughness. To pretend you/I do is idiotic.
One instance of a person being human doesn’t tell you squat.
Comments from his USC teammates as well don't give me confidence in his leadership ability as well.

I have no problem with him being competitive and emotional, but climbing into the stands to cry with his mom is nothing anyone had ever seen before. If he lost a heartbreaker in the national championship it would be one thing but this was a random regular season game.

It also wasn't just one instance. Watch his body language at the end of the games against ranked teams where he had to face actual defenses and couldn't do whatever he wanted.

I hope I'm 100% wrong if the Bears draft him, but I don't see generational, can't miss prospect from what I saw of him this past season.

You nor I know his mental toughness. To pretend you/I do is idiotic.
One instance of a person being human doesn’t tell you squat.

I've never seen any of those tough Bears I mentioned earlier do what Williams did after a game.

Long time NFL Scout said he has never ever seen that either. He also stated his main concern was he never played well and recovered from that incident for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 4Afan
I’m intrigued, also wouldn’t shock me if they signed one of the more interesting RBs
I'm meh on RBs. I'm good with Herbert and Johnson. If they get a Barkley it would improve the team, but RB isn't a pressing need.

Rattler was the starter for Oklahoma during the 2020 season.

Rattler started the 2021 season for Oklahoma and was playing so bad that Williams took over as starting qb midway through that season.
Wassup you were wrong admit it. You know what would be terrible? If the Bears picked Williams and he is a flop. You know what’s worse? I they don’t pick him and becomes the next Mahomes. We have the #1 pick and have the opportunity to pick a generational talent and he has the talent trust me. Or we pass on him and then watch and see what happens. We know what we got in Fields after 3 years. Fields numbers have not been good, near last in almost every category for a QB. Is it all his fault. Well the Bears coaching didn’t help, but he has never thrown to spots. He can’t seem to find an open receiver even if they are wide open. I don’t see this changing. IMO we can add another top receiver and maybe he finds someone open? Maybe. After 3 years it’s a crap shoot when you have a #1 pick.

Reactions: stl705
But Williams is also a runner so why do they need another RB?
Barkley would be an upgrade to the position, using him as an example.
If that’s the mindset, running QB. just stick with Fields then. Williams will be more Mahomes with legs in nfl than Fields/Allen/Lamar.

Wassup you were wrong admit it. You know what would be terrible? If the Bears picked Williams and he is a flop. You know what’s worse? I they don’t pick him and becomes the next Mahomes. We have the #1 pick and have the opportunity to pick a generational talent and he has the talent trust me. Or we pass on him and then watch and see what happens. We know what we got in Fields after 3 years. Fields numbers have not been good, near last in almost every category for a QB. Is it all his fault. Well the Bears coaching didn’t help, but he has never thrown to spots. He can’t seem to find an open receiver even if they are wide open. I don’t see this changing. IMO we can add another top receiver and maybe he finds someone open? Maybe. After 3 years it’s a crap shoot when you have a #1 pick.

Believe me I'm more worried about how good Fields gets if we trade him than if we pass on Williams and he becomes Mahomes.

What does Bears WR Moore think?

Barkley would be an upgrade to the position, using him as an example. If that’s the mindset just stick with Fields then.
I just think with all their needs a top free agent RB isn't worth spending $10 mil on.

Believe me I'm more worried about how good Fields gets if we trade him than if we pass on Williams and he becomes Mahomes.

What does Bears WR Moore think?
Moore and Kmet have said multiple times they want Fields back.

Reactions: Wassup13
Moore and Kmet have said multiple times they want Fields back.
Of course they say that, they aren’t dumb. They have no idea if the Bears are keeping Fields. If the draft Williams they will be just as happy. They want a QB that gets them the ball. You guys are being simple.

Of course they say that, they aren’t dumb. They have no idea if the Bears are keeping Fields. If the draft Williams they will be just as happy. They want a QB that gets them the ball. You guys are being simple.

In all fairness I agree Fields misses open recievers a lot.

I also don't feel good about expecting Fields to play under three different OCs while he was here.

Reactions: corey90
I just think with all their needs a top free agent RB isn't worth spending $10 mil on.
These guys aren’t getting $10M. Would be lucky to get $7-8M. Their teams could tag them for $11M and they all let them free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT