ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

We need too many players not to trade #1 need receiver two ol and an edge rusher minimum
They can address multiple positions in free agency as well, they have $50+ million and will have more if they cut Jackson and Whitehair.

I’ve been in the trade the #1 and keep Fields camp. If Caleb is that good just draft him. His floor is very high, I doubt he’s a bust just maybe not generational as some say.
I am with you SubCubFan
If they think Fields is the dude then take Marvin & Odunze. Can you imagine if they have 3 great receivers. I mean yes I know we need a center and a guard but you can’t pass on game changers. If you don’t think Fields is the guy then pull the trigger and get Williams but if they don’t pick one of these receivers I will be flat out pissed. I still think the Bears find a way to f this up. They IMO f’ed it up last year but they did get DJ and shot at #1 this year so Poles has another shot to see if he can right the ship, but if I am a betting they will F it up.

I am with you SubCubFan
If they think Fields is the dude then take Marvin & Odunze. Can you imagine if they have 3 great receivers. I mean yes I know we need a center and a guard but you can’t pass on game changers. If you don’t think Fields is the guy then pull the trigger and get Williams but if they don’t pick one of these receivers I will be flat out pissed. I still think the Bears find a way to f this up. They IMO f’ed it up last year but they did get DJ and shot at #1 this year so Poles has another shot to see if he can right the ship, but if I am a betting they will F it up.
No team would ever draft two WR if they had 2 top 10 picks. You need to realize that there are impact players that aren't big names at skill positions. You say they F'd up last year but ESPN just ranked the Bears 2023 draft class as the 5th best in the league.

Everyone also seems to think they need to address every issue in the draft rather than splitting the difference and getting guys in free agency as well. Tee Higgins would be a great WR addition they could pick up, as would Chase Young for another Edge rusher.

He's not a running QB. Purdy only had 14 yards rushing, and 9 were on one play. If you think Love's rushing cost them the game, you're wrong.

I come here for the absolut and the absolutes. The confidence the absolutes are posted with is amazing.

Jordan Love’s inability to, or not wanting to run may have cost them the game.

LaFleur inexplicably not taking the points on the second drive on the road may have cost them the game.

LaFleur holding onto his time outs like they carry a refund may or may not have cost the game.

Purdy 9 yard tuck and run, putting the D in between may have won the game.

It was a 3 point game. Many factors could’ve impacted the outcome on a spectrum but no facet of the game is immune to not affecting a one score, back and forth affair.

I come here for the absolut and the absolutes. The confidence the absolutes are posted with is amazing.

LaFleur inexplicably not taking the points on the second drive on the road may have cost them the game.

LaFleur holding onto his time outs like they carry a refund may or may not have cost the game.

It was a 3 point game. Many factors could’ve impacted the outcome on a spectrum but no facet of the game is immune to not affecting a one score, back and forth affair.
If you factor Love's rushing into whether or not GB wins the game then that's misguided, he averaged just under 14 yards per game coming into today, he doesn't run.

As for the 2nd possession, you're a double digit road underdog and it's 4th and 1 inside the 15 and you're up 3-0 early, most coaches are going for it there. Yes, it's easy to look back and say take the FG, but in the moment going for it was the right call.

I can't see anyone blaming Love not rushing more or LaFleur's decisions as to the reasons the Packers lost. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the 49ers just made the plays when they had to.

If you factor Love's rushing into whether or not GB wins the game then that's misguided, he averaged just under 14 yards per game coming into today, he doesn't run.

As for the 2nd possession, you're a double digit road underdog and it's 4th and 1 inside the 15 and you're up 3-0 early, most coaches are going for it there. Yes, it's easy to look back and say take the FG, but in the moment going for it was the right call.

I can't see anyone blaming Love not rushing more or LaFleur's decisions as to the reasons the Packers lost. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the 49ers just made the plays when they had to.
Not looking back. Called it when it happened. No hindsight. It was football dumb. And dumb football was punished tonight so balance is restored to the universe for now until at least kick off tomorrow.

Reactions: PowerI66
Not looking back. Called it when it happened. No hindsight. It was football dumb. And dumb football was punished tonight so balance is restored to the universe for now until at least kick off tomorrow.
So what would your thoughts have been had they succeeded on 4th and 1? It was a questionable spot, would that have been a good call then?

I appreciate aggressive football and you're also assuming the FG would have been made in a game where we saw a blocked FG and a miss from a reasonable distance.

So what would your thoughts have been had they succeeded on 4th and 1? It was a questionable spot, would that have been a good call then?

I appreciate aggressive football and you're also assuming the FG would have been made in a game where we saw a blocked FG and a miss from a reasonable distance.
If it succeeded then I’d call my Aunt, Uncle, but since it didn’t, and since my Aunt still doesn’t have a pair, I’ll call her Aunt.

It wasn’t aggressive, it was dumb, running a play you can’t simulate correctly in practice in a must win game. Aggressive and smart would have been to line up heavy and run pa pop or pa rub flat. He does that in that situation, I tip my cap even if it fails.

But that’s the beauty of playoff football. No one cares about 10-7 or 12-5 or any game-impacting decisions since they tend to even out over a season. But not playoffs. Decide wrong or incorrectly or get a bad spot and guess what, pack your stuff, you lose, you go home, you fail. No one cries for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4Afan
If it succeeded then I’d call my Aunt, Uncle, but since it didn’t, and since my Aunt still doesn’t have a pair, I’ll call her Aunt.

It wasn’t aggressive, it was dumb, running a play you can’t simulate correctly in practice in a must win game. Aggressive and smart would have been to line up heavy and run pa pop or pa rub flat. He does that in that situation, I tip my cap even if it fails.

But that’s the beauty of playoff football. No one cares about 10-7 or 12-5 or any game-impacting decisions since they tend to even out over a season. But not playoffs. Decide wrong or incorrectly or get a bad spot and guess what, pack your stuff, you lose, you go home, you fail. No one cries for you.
What's funny is I watched the game with a few Packers fans and none of them blame that play on the loss, but rather question Love's play. Love was 21-34 for 194 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, similar to what Fields average numbers would be without the rushing yards and people hate Fields with those numbers, but you're giving Love a pass. Why?

What's funny is I watched the game with a few Packers fans and none of them blame that play on the loss, but rather question Love's play. Love was 21-34 for 194 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, similar to what Fields average numbers would be without the rushing yards and people hate Fields with those numbers, but you're giving Love a pass. Why?
Because both QBs receive immunity due to being creations of their coaches and the systems they manage.

When that system goes up against the unusual brain farts of Dan Quinn, it looks real good, almost dominating. But if you watch the incredible disconnect between fronts and coverages, and some selfish DB play opening up run pass windows that you couldn’t scheme open any more if you tried and that stinks because DQ is a good coach that got a lot of things right this season. But then you go up against another top 5 defense on the road that plays conservative between the 20s early, then increases unpredictability as the game goes on and you get excellent communication and hand offs in LBs DBs coverage by an unselfish group that saw Dallas chase ghosts and learned and stayed at home and for the majority of the game a 10 yard pass was a 10 yard play, a 15 yard pass was a 15 yard play, windows tightened as field shrunk, as game went on and tendencies became defined, Jordan Love looked like a Jordan Love that lost to the Giants, Broncos and Raiders.

On the flip side, Shanahan almost lost the game for noodle armed Purdy by over coaching the 4minute drive going into half and not using the automatic mismatch in George Kittle. Sure he had a drop but again these 49ers have all seen their life flash before their eyes as play design gets them wide open and then have to wait for ol noodle arm’s ball to finally get to them allowing Defenses to tee off on noodle’s receivers. But in Shanahans best series, pa to CMC, Kittle catch and run, defense in between, CMC gash and dash for the score. No wasted plays to establish identity, no wasted plays trying to make Jennings Deebo , just my best players are better than your players play calls.

So to answer your question. Neither QB is good. They have been taught well. They have been developed decently. But neither are like really good, or transcendent. So knowing that, I heavily watched the chess match instead since that was going to win or lose the game for the decent pop warner QBs that were out there tonight.

No team would ever draft two WR if they had 2 top 10 picks. You need to realize that there are impact players that aren't big names at skill positions. You say they F'd up last year but ESPN just ranked the Bears 2023 draft class as the 5th best in the league.

Everyone also seems to think they need to address every issue in the draft rather than splitting the difference and getting guys in free agency as well. Tee Higgins would be a great WR addition they could pick up, as would Chase Young for another Edge rusher.
Maybe the Bears should do what no team has ever done! Lol
The Bears can pickup a DE and OL in free agency. Get game impact players in the draft since we have top picks.

All true but Love running to his right and throwing across his body and field to his left definitely ended the game when they were trying to get in field goal range to tie the game. I love it! 😂

Reactions: RockSoup
Because both QBs receive immunity due to being creations of their coaches and the systems they manage.

When that system goes up against the unusual brain farts of Dan Quinn, it looks real good, almost dominating. But if you watch the incredible disconnect between fronts and coverages, and some selfish DB play opening up run pass windows that you couldn’t scheme open any more if you tried and that stinks because DQ is a good coach that got a lot of things right this season. But then you go up against another top 5 defense on the road that plays conservative between the 20s early, then increases unpredictability as the game goes on and you get excellent communication and hand offs in LBs DBs coverage by an unselfish group that saw Dallas chase ghosts and learned and stayed at home and for the majority of the game a 10 yard pass was a 10 yard play, a 15 yard pass was a 15 yard play, windows tightened as field shrunk, as game went on and tendencies became defined, Jordan Love looked like a Jordan Love that lost to the Giants, Broncos and Raiders.

On the flip side, Shanahan almost lost the game for noodle armed Purdy by over coaching the 4minute drive going into half and not using the automatic mismatch in George Kittle. Sure he had a drop but again these 49ers have all seen their life flash before their eyes as play design gets them wide open and then have to wait for ol noodle arm’s ball to finally get to them allowing Defenses to tee off on noodle’s receivers. But in Shanahans best series, pa to CMC, Kittle catch and run, defense in between, CMC gash and dash for the score. No wasted plays to establish identity, no wasted plays trying to make Jennings Deebo , just my best players are better than your players play calls.

So to answer your question. Neither QB is good. They have been taught well. They have been developed decently. But neither are like really good, or transcendent. So knowing that, I heavily watched the chess match instead since that was going to win or lose the game for the decent pop warner QBs that were out there tonight.
I believe noddle arm passed for 294 yards and no interceptions or turnovers. He’s proven to be a winner and continues on in the playoffs. Not bad for being a noddle arm. 😂
I have seen plenty of QBs with great strong arms that can’t find an open guy or have no accuracy. I think your being to hard on Purdy. He is exactly what the 49ers need in a QB.

I believe noddle arm passed for 294 yards and no interceptions or turnovers. He’s proven to be a winner and continues on in the playoffs. Not bad for being a noddle arm. 😂
I have seen plenty of QBs with great strong arms that can’t find an open guy or have no accuracy. I think your being to hard on Purdy. He is exactly what the 49ers need in a QB.
Shanahan curse. If he built an AI QB, it’d be Purdy with Cutler zip. But he has Purdy with pop warner zip. So Shanahan, unfortunately because I think he is a phenomenal coach, will not win the SB because of pasta arm. He knows it but is hoping his 4 incredible individual ball handlers (CMC, Deebo, Kittle Aiyuk) do unbelievable things and the very talented SF D can contain Lamar Jackson. But as it stands now, you need 13 defenders to stop the Ravens O to account for their QB and only 10 defenders to stop SF O since you don’t have to worry about SF QB. BAL 38 SF 16. Watch the puppy bowl instead.

Shanahan curse. If he built an AI QB, it’d be Purdy with Cutler zip. But he has Purdy with pop warner zip. So Shanahan, unfortunately because I think he is a phenomenal coach, will not win the SB because of pasta arm. He knows it but is hoping his 4 incredible individual ball handlers (CMC, Deebo, Kittle Aiyuk) do unbelievable things and the very talented SF D can contain Lamar Jackson. But as it stands now, you need 13 defenders to stop the Ravens O to account for their QB and only 10 defenders to stop SF O since you don’t have to worry about SF QB. BAL 38 SF 16. Watch the puppy bowl instead.
Purdy sleep with your wife or something?

I will never understand the hate Purdy gets. Normally, people love the underdog story. "Mr Irrrelevant" to back-to-back conference championships is a great story. But forget the "story", and just look at the numbers.

Passing yards: 5th
Yds/attempt: 1st
TD's: 3rd
Rating: 1st
QBR: 1st

Put any 1st round pick's name on those stats, and it's a runaway for MVP.

To keep this thread Bears related, if Fields had the above stats, the Bears would be throwing $400 million at him. Purdy is doing it for $870,000.

I will never understand the hate Purdy gets. Normally, people love the underdog story. "Mr Irrrelevant" to back-to-back conference championships is a great story. But forget the "story", and just look at the numbers.

To keep this thread Bears related, if Fields had the above stats, the Bears would be throwing $400 million at him. Purdy is doing it for $870,000.

What you have to question is it Purdy or his weapons that make him successful, just like Univ of Washington?

Does anyone watch Purdy? It was nice to finally have other people see what Ive seen last night. It’s like people don’t watch NFC west football with the bad Purdy and Waldron (keeping it Bears related) takes around here. Had some of my friends text me, yeah you’re right about Purdy, I never really watched him before. He’s bad. But if others don’t see it or don’t want to see it, no big deal, differences of opinion make the world turn and make life worth living. Thank you for providing the great Shanahan, CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk stats.

Reactions: Wassup13

Does Fields have CMC, Deebo, Kittle Aiyuk? Does Fields have Bosa on D to get him the ball back and close out games?

He should do better than this. He is a great athlete and when your inside the 10 yard against a great defense you need to be a double threat , run and pass.
Never really ran in college either. His 40 time is a 4.7. That's similar to what DEs and LBs run these days

Last thing on last nights game. Young OTs, you may never get to Trent Williams size, but watch that tape, watch that footwork, watch the hips, watch the body angle, the hand placement, watch the power in the glutes and get another set of squats in today, watch the initial punch and step/slide. Get 2 hours in a day on the uncool, power, compound lifts, while doing your agility and flexibility work. Join the dance team if your school has one. What a clinic.

Last thing on last nights game. Young OTs, you may never get to Trent Williams size, but watch that tape, watch that footwork, watch the hips, watch the body angle, the hand placement, watch the power in the glutes and get another set of squats in today, watch the initial punch and step/slide. Get 2 hours in a day on the uncool, power, compound lifts, while doing your agility and flexibility work. Join the dance team if your school has one. What a clinic.
And join the wrestling team. You don't have to be the best wrestler, but you will pick up hip placement, body angle, hand fighting, balance etc

What you have to question is it Purdy or his weapons that make him successful, just like Univ of Washington?
That’s the same thing I question about Fields. Well the Bears have an opportunity to find out with the #1 & 9 picks in the draft. If Fields is there guy then get him some weapons. DJ is only one receiver. Get him help. If he fails then he gone! I actually believe Fields is gone and the Bears will take Williams, and hopefully at least 1 of the two top receivers.

Just my observation but the Packer fans have to feel really disappointed at what the witnessed last night with Love. He looked more like a Bears QB than a GB QB. Lol
He really didn’t play well capsulated by that terrible interception to end the game. I mean I couldn’t have written a better ending! 🤣

The most logic defying thing watching the Lions play is that Vildor doesn't get exposed time and time again. He was AWFUL for the Bears

The most logic defying thing watching the Lions play is that Vildor doesn't get exposed time and time again. He was AWFUL for the Bears
Maybe it's the coach. From the outside looking in, if you were a pro wouldn't you want to play for Dan Campbell?

Just my observation but the Packer fans have to feel really disappointed at what the witnessed last night with Love. He looked more like a Bears QB than a GB QB. Lol
He really didn’t play well capsulated by that terrible interception to end the game. I mean I couldn’t have written a better ending! 🤣
Purdy looked like dog shit too. Luckily the 49ers have McCaffery.
You have some weird NFL takes, Corey. I mean, do you think that Love just had a really bad game or were there other factors? Purdy also.

You have some weird NFL takes, Corey. I mean, do you think that Love just had a really bad game or were there other factors? Purdy also.
Purdy looked bad until he didn’t. When it was go time in the fourth quarter Purdy was really good. Love was awful in the fourth quarter. Small sample size

There were other factors but I love seeing him play badly. He’s a Packer lol. He threw 2 interceptions that’s great 😃. Bears and Bear fans have no dog in the fight so why not relish in the Packers QB playing badly and essentially ending the game with a horrible pass. Doc you’re a Packer fan so I understand your hangover. 😵

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT