ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ LWE

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Let's get the bulletin board ma.... let's get the discussion going on this huge early season matchup. Over in the King's Cup thread Batavia seems to be running away with the predictions.

Can LWE hang in there with the 7A powerhouse? Will Batavia be able to just run over the Griffins?

CAN’T WAIT! Ditto on food options, heard Soundgrowler brewing had some great tacos?

Wolf Road is closed at I-80, so be cautious about traveling to East using too much of southbound US 45/La Grange Road even in the mid to late afternoon. Very slow go due to traffic re-routing from the closure. Come from the south or east, even though few options exist that are too helpful regarding the latter.

On the game - very surprised to hear board predictions heavy on Batavia but think that could just be small sample size.

I’m thinking this game may come down to final possession. East fans seem to be quite optimistic of their team this yr and I’ve read similar sentiment with Batavia close fans.

This could be were the last team to have the ball will win situation. LWE-28 Batavia-21.
As for food stops, if you want tacos then Buenos Nachos. Small shop just south of stadium. But for a bar/grill Jameson’s takes the cake by East(better wings then Hooters if you ask me).

Reactions: RPG24
I purposely didn't stay for the Batavia/Phillips game Saturday so that both teams would be new to me on Friday.

Two fundamentally sound programs with good football players at every position should make for a competitive matchup. Griffins are hard to beat at home. Reports were that they did struggle early with C-M before finally taking control, where the Dawgs had no such issues with Phillips.

I'm going with LWE 20-7

On the game - very surprised to hear board predictions heavy on Batavia but think that could just be small sample size.

I’m thinking this game may come down to final possession. East fans seem to be quite optimistic of their team this yr and I’ve read similar sentiment with Batavia close fans.
One person above you chose Batavia lol

Reactions: RPG24
Candidate for game of the year. Both teams play big in big games, should be a close one.

If the game was being played just south of Wilson St I’d take the Bulldogs. Since it’s being played just west of LaGrange Rd I have to go with the Beast. 31-20.

Reactions: NDSox
Didn’t want to give LWE any more fodder but night before game time to unveil…

LWE 34, Batavia 35… in OT

Reactions: Ltischer
If East gives up 34 points Batavia will win state.
I don’t see this happening at all.
I think 24-24 or 27-27 at end of Q4 Corey :)… either 1 or 2 OT… i’ll say i think LWE has a better shot of getting 34 put on them than beating Batavia by 21 pts or however many pts u predicted… GO DAWGS!

I think 24-24 or 27-27 at end of Q4 Corey :)… either 1 or 2 OT… i’ll say i think LWE has a better shot of getting 34 put on them than beating Batavia by 21 pts or however many pts u predicted… GO DAWGS!
Lol
You might be right.
it’s a huge game with much respect from both teams. I just hope the game lives up to the hype. 👍

Reactions: stl705
It's here! How early does the Batavia road stands fill up? I've only seen Batavia at Batavia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT