ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Espensa

Bwm57

Sep 12, 2011
Good game between NU and Iowa right now.
AJ Espensa is really impressive out there.

I've seen projections that have him as a top 10 pick in the very near future

Reactions: Gene K.
Absolutely love seeing a three sport athlete kill it at the next level. Who’s knows what his numbers will look like next year when he actually starts for the Hawkeyes.

That's because there is a lot more media coverage in Northern Illinois but that slight was definitely a travesty. Can't believe that who ever voted for all staters missed out on him. Must be the Beth Long rules for voting? LOL.
The kid can definitely play some football and coming from a pedigree football background the skies the limit for him going forward.

That's because there is a lot more media coverage in Northern Illinois but that slight was definitely a travesty. Can't believe that who ever voted for all staters missed out on him. Must be the Beth Long rules for voting? LOL.
The kid can definitely play some football and coming from a pedigree football background the skies the limit for him going forward.

If I remember correctly, Jeff Thomas of E. St. Louis was left out as well.

That was the crazy IHSHA coaches all state team that perennially has 5 QBs and 2 OLineman on the team.....:mad:

Pretty sure they made all the other “all state” lists.

Usually it’s the opposite a kid gets a Big 10 scholarship he automatically becomes All State even though if you watch them they don’t deserve it at all.

I hear great things about the 7th grader. There's already talk of him being another AJ. Apparently the other kids his age are pretty good as well and Eville is expected to have a pretty good team in a few years with that group.

O boy here we go again. You never know half those kids may go private, move or peak early. Can anyone say Bartlett freshman?

This type of post has been written over and over again year after year. You never know what the team will look like when were talking 7th graders.

I've haven't posted anything like that until now and even then, I didn't speak in the absolute or suggest that anything was set in stone. I'm not sure that there's something wrong with a little passive expectation and looking forward to seeing how a talented group of kids turn out.

I've haven't posted anything like that until now and even then, I didn't speak in the absolute or suggest that anything was set in stone. I'm not sure that there's something wrong with a little passive expectation and looking forward to seeing how a talented group of kids turn out.

Playboymixx
Don’t take it to hard. I am just being crabby. In the past years this type of thread is always being brought up by over zealous parent fans. My point is the same as past years. Just because they look good now doesn’t mean they will as high schoolers. But like I said it’s more me than you.
We’re all good.

Playboymixx
Don’t take it to hard. I am just being crabby. In the past years this type of thread is always being brought up by over zealous parent fans. My point is the same as past years. Just because they look good now doesn’t mean they will as high schoolers. But like I said it’s more me than you.
We’re all good.
Eville football is going to have a major slump for the next few years and so I admit that I'm hoping that this group of kids will turn things around again, but I certainly don't plan to be over zealous about it. Even if this entire group transfers to ESL (lol just kidding), life will go on.

Eville football is going to have a major slump for the next few years and so I admit that I'm hoping that this group of kids will turn things around again, but I certainly don't plan to be over zealous about it. Even if this entire group transfers to ESL (lol just kidding), life will go on.

Yup. But I get ya. It’s rare when they all stick together but when they do it can be special.

Yup. But I get ya. It’s rare when they all stick together but when they do it can be special.

I think Eville's biggest issue isn't necessarily sticking together, it's depth. Turnouts for football tend to be low and are getting lower each year. That, plus the talent that does come through Eville rarely tends to come at the same time like this younger group in question.

This type of post has been written over and over again year after year. You never know what the team will look like when were talking 7th graders.
EVILLE is an island - county seat of Madison. There are no other choices - you either live there or you don’t. It’s not gray like Belleville, ESL, O’Fallon ....

Let’s just say, you see. Doppelgänger little bro of an NFL likely player ... and maybe a few of their kids with growable size and maybe some speedsters ... I can see that a 7th grade class’ injection into a program might bring some expectation of success

Last edited:
EVILLE is an island - county seat of Madison. There are no other choices - you either live there or you don’t. It’s not gray like Belleville, ESL, O’Fallon ....

Let’s just say, you see. Doppelgänger little bro of an NFL likely player ... and maybe a few of their kids with growable size and maybe some speedsters ... I can see that a 7th grade class’ injection into a program might bring some expectation of success

Maybe maybe not. This story repeats itself every year only to see it not materialize.

Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT