ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter at OSU

No, you did you hypocrite a-hole. You are such an elitist snob it's disgusting. You are the one who went over the edge with your nonsense about who YOU think a woman should marry and it was insulting and shows, once again, your colossal ignorance.

All, I can say is that if we were standing next to each other and you made a comment like that about any woman, I would knock your dusty old ass out.

This is again exactly why a lot of people here have no respect for you or your posts filled with hypocrisy and ignorance. You are a small man.

Thank you for proving my point.

You were simply trying to start a message board fight.

You're a bully.

What I said about Ms Quayle was totally non-gender specific. Anyone can marry a dud, and she did. That's not sexist. Men marry duds all the time.

Yes, you proved my point.

You added to the evidence by your comment about knocking me out -- the old dusty ass part, specifically.

Why do you keep pointing out my age? Does that make you feel tough?

Just a bully.

I never called him a bully. Check to see. Not a keyboard tough guy and not a threat of what will happen in the future. Just pissed at that post. The guy is an a-hole, arrogant hypocrite. Goes on and on about sexism then posts that. What a jag.

A lot of people in the public school system look at people in the private school system and call them arrogant, etc. It is guys like him who are the reason for that.

No, I am not a keyboard tough guy. But he is the board a-hole. There is always an a-hole in every crowd that guy is the a-hole here. He thinks he's tough guy by picking on a woman's judgement as to who she should marry. Takes a real man to do that in his world.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he went around hitting girls when he was young.

Hitting girls? C'mon. How many sharks did you jump?

Thank you for proving my point.

You were simply trying to start a message board fight.

You're a bully.

What I said about Ms Quayle was totally non-gender specific. Anyone can marry a dud, and she did. That's not sexist. Men marry duds all the time.

Yes, you proved my point.

You added to the evidence by your comment about knocking me out -- the old dusty ass part, specifically.

Why do you keep pointing out my age? Does that make you feel tough?

Just a bully.
The only thing this thread proves, is that you are an a-hole, arrogant, elitist, liberal snob. Period. But that has been proven over and over on other threads. Deal with it. When I started this thread I was asking how many places were left where a person could feel safe. Nothing more. You are the one who started the disagreement. Read your first post and the one following it. You continued your habit of throwing an initial bomb into a thread to see what will happen. I can name several threads where you have displayed this behavior.

Anyone can marry a dud, but that isn't up to you to decide. You are not God in spite of the fact you think you are. Yes it was sexist because at the time you were talking about a woman. Now you are backpedaling on the issue. You call people on the right sexist, then go on to display sexism yourself. Hypocrite.

And as far as my feeling tough goes, you are the keyboard tough guy who feels like he can pick on a woman when it comes to her choosing a spouse. Again, I wouldn't be surprised to learn you hit girls when you were young. Takes a real tough guy to act like you. Whether it's me or anyone else, you deserve to have your ass kicked for acting like that. Picking on a woman, real manly. You are a small man.

What's the Edgy record for longest thread?
This dumpster fire of a thread has got to be up there on the list, I would think.

BWM,

You have to admit in the offseason it is an interesting diversion from the hohum.

So I ran across this course at the University of Wisconsin Madison yesterday when my son pointed it out to me. I assured him it was just some nonsense someone made up and the wingers(right and left) were trying to start another mud slinging contest over fake news. Then I dug into and much to my shock found out this is an actual course...again I challenge anyone out there to explain to me why anything on either side of the extremes should be considered for college credits and worthiness of calling it education.

http://african.wisc.edu/content/problem-whiteness

What's the Edgy record for longest thread?
This dumpster fire of a thread has got to be up there on the list, I would think.

JWar,
You and I actually probably agree much more than we disagree.
Sorry if I was a jag before.

Your comments were way below the belt.
Come on now. It's Christmas. What do you say we bury the hatchet and put this behind us. I know you are thinking I am trying to set you up or something. But really I am not. I am being totally sincere.

I am willing to apologize if you are. No strings, no BS...nothing. We can just move on if you want to. I promise not to bring any of this stuff up in the future if you don't, OK? There is no sense to continue to act like this and no reason to hold a grudge. I am not into that stuff and my hunch is that you don't want to keep this up either. It's pointless.

So, I am willing to throw the first apology out there if you agree with this. I am very serious. So serious that if I go back on my word I will take a week off the board. If I do it a second time then it will be a month. Will you do the same? Remember, it's Christmas.

No Kumbaya, just moving on. What do you say?

Reactions: Gene K.
BWM,

You have to admit in the offseason it is an interesting diversion from the hohum.

So I ran across this course at the University of Wisconsin Madison yesterday when my son pointed it out to me. I assured him it was just some nonsense someone made up and the wingers(right and left) were trying to start another mud slinging contest over fake news. Then I dug into and much to my shock found out this is an actual course...again I challenge anyone out there to explain to me why anything on either side of the extremes should be considered for college credits and worthiness of calling it education.

What a great 400 level course, and you get some major credit hours (4?). I'm not totally on board with the sacrificing of the white kid at the end, however. That is a bit over the top IMO.

Last edited:
be a month. Will you do the same? Remember, it's Christmas.

No Kumbaya, just moving on. What do you say?[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with dropping all of this and not bringing it up again, but that's it.
Come on now. It's Christmas. What do you say we bury the hatchet and put this behind us. I know you are thinking I am trying to set you up or something. But really I am not. I am being totally sincere.

I am willing to apologize if you are. No strings, no BS...nothing. We can just move on if you want to. I promise not to bring any of this stuff up in the future if you don't, OK? There is no sense to continue to act like this and no reason to hold a grudge. I am not into that stuff and my hunch is that you don't want to keep this up either. It's pointless.

So, I am willing to throw the first apology out there if you agree with this. I am very serious. So serious that if I go back on my word I will take a week off the board. If I do it a second time then it will be a month. Will you do the same? Remember, it's Christmas.

I'm willing to bury the hatchet, and not resurrect anything, but we should leave it there.

Dr. Very nice sincere and genuine reply. I think you did the right thing and are a better person for it. I applaud you and the way you laid your heart out there. We have disagreed in previous posts (Cutler) but never gone personal. I think we both realize we're to old for that bitterness.
Merry Christmas my friend.
PS:
MC63 should except Dr's apology. BWM & Jwar have gotten into the Christmas spirit.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
And on the 30th day ... the hatchet arose from the ashes... sharper and more piercing than before for ye who buries the hatchet first ...

Reactions: Gene K.
Corey,

I'm always in the Christmas spirit, but I do enjoy a good sparring as well!

Dr. Very nice sincere and genuine reply. I think you did the right thing and are a better person for it. I applaud you and the way you laid your heart out there. We have disagreed in previous posts (Cutler) but never gone personal. I think we both realize we're to old for that bitterness.
PS:
MC63 should except Dr's apology. BWM & Jwar have gotten into the Christmas spirit.

Corey,

I'm always in the Christmas spirit, but I do enjoy a good sparring as well!
Got ya
It's always good to spar as long as it doesn't get to personal. I have been on Edgy for about 11 years and most everyone on this site are good people. Sometimes things can go sideways and take a turn in a direction if in person we wouldn't let it.

And on the 340 post ... the hatchet stayed buried in Frank Lenti's backyard ... never to arise again.. thanks to the inspirational prayer from Gayord Focker below.

be a month. Will you do the same? Remember, it's Christmas.

I'm fine with dropping all of this and not bringing it up again, but that's it.

I'm willing to bury the hatchet, and not resurrect anything, but we should leave it there.[/QUOTE]
Your not offering to apologize says a lot. I was willing to do the right thing. I guess you aren't since you don't want to apologize. My post says a lot about me. Unfortunately...your post does the same about you. I really feel sorry for you. Remember, it's Christmas and the whole board sees this.

Last edited:
PS:
I appreciate the compliment Corey. This is why I sleep well every night. If people want to carry grudges that's their business. I am not the smartest guy out there but I know a few things.

1. Carrying a grudge hurts no one but yourself.
2. Apologizing is easier than you think if you don't let your ego get in the way.
3. If you are true to yourself you can't be untrue to others.
4. No one is perfect and we shouldn't expect perfection out of anyone.

I could go on but you get the idea. Merry Christmas to you too and stay safe.

And on the 30th day ... the hatchet arose from the ashes... sharper and more piercing than before for ye who buries the hatchet first ...
Honestly I didn't know what to expect when I got back here. Maybe an offer to bury that hatchet in my head.

Folks - let's get something clear.

I'm not carrying some sort of grudge. I'm not apologizing, however, because I would be a hypocrite.

I admit I egged him on at times ... just as he did me.

But the things that guy said about me the last two days are outrageous. Now, out of nowhere, he wants to be all friendly.
Quit jumping all over people you disagree with ... then we'll talk..

I am willing to forget, however. That has to be enough.

MC63,

You have this all backwards, to not Forgive is to be a hypocrite Luke 6:37-42.

Folks - let's get something clear.

I'm not carrying some sort of grudge. I'm not apologizing, however, because I would be a hypocrite.

I admit I egged him on at times ... just as he did me.

But the things that guy said about me the last two days are outrageous. Now, out of nowhere, he wants to be all friendly.

I am willing to forget, however. That has to be enough.

MC63,

You have this all backwards, to not Forgive is to be a hypocrite Luke 6:37-42.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. This is not a matter for forgiveness. It's just a bar argument.

I don't bear any ill will towards him - I don't want any harm to come to him..... simply put, I just don't feel that I have any reason to apologize. If I did, I would.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. This is not a matter for forgiveness. It's just a bar argument.

I don't bear any ill will towards him - I don't want any harm to come to him..... simply put, I just don't feel that I have any reason to apologize. If I did, I would.
This is all you need to know about this guy. There is no reason for me to characterize him with my words when we can all see him for what he is by his actions.

I wasn't asking you to be friends or all friendly. We will never agree on the majority of things. Please re-read my post. All I wanted us to do was to give each other an apology, something I offered to do first, then move on. But you just can't find it in yourself to do that can you? That, in itself, tells everyone all we need to know about you.

I approached you first which, in the opinion of someone else here, makes me the better person already. If you can't honestly see any reason to apologize, you are more lost than I can put into words. You are the one with the problem, not me. An apology is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength. Because doing so means you are being honest with yourself. You seem to have a problem with that based on what I have read from you. If you want to go through life trying to kid yourself and others I feel sorry for you.

I even offered to leave the board for a period of time if I went back on my pledge. You couldn't even agree on doing that. I am a man of my word. I have to question whether you are or not based, again, on what I am reading. Not apologizing IS carrying a grudge. There is no other way to explain it. Apologizing is NOT being a hypocrite unless you go back on that apology.

An apology is not just saying, hey I'm sorry. It is also about accepting responsibility, which you aren't doing by saying you have nothing to apologize for. And then saying, it won't happen in the future, i.e., if I went back on the pledge I would take time off the board. I am NOT asking for forgiveness. I am just saying we should exchange apologies.

This whole episode in this thread shines the light on the fact that you are a very unhappy man and that is real sad...especially at this time of year. What a shame.

Everyone on this board sees what we are writing.

He is not being dramatic at all. It's the truth. Dang that old Bible verse!

Read my exchange with Epic on this thread. At first I disagreed with what he wrote. Did I jump all over him? No, and I am sure he would agree. You need to practice, at times, what you preach.

I just don't feel that I have any reason to apologize. If I did, I would.
Remember, an alcoholic will never be able to overcome his or her problem until they first admit they have a problem. Your first step is to admit that you do need to apologize. I was the first to take that step.

Everyone on the board sees what we are writing.

This is all you need to know about this guy. There is no reason for me to characterize him with my words when we can all see him for what he is by his actions.

I wasn't asking you to be friends or all friendly. We will never agree on the majority of things. Please re-read my post. All I wanted us to do was to give each other an apology, something I offered to do first, then move on. But you just can't find it in yourself to do that can you? That, in itself, tells everyone all we need to know about you.

I approached you first which, in the opinion of someone else here, makes me the better person already. If you can't honestly see any reason to apologize, you are more lost than I can put into words. You are the one with the problem, not me. An apology is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength. Because doing so means you are being honest with yourself. You seem to have a problem with that based on what I have read from you. If you want to go through life trying to kid yourself and others I feel sorry for you.

I even offered to leave the board for a period of time if I went back on my pledge. You couldn't even agree on doing that. I am a man of my word. I have to question whether you are or not based, again, on what I am reading. Not apologizing IS carrying a grudge. There is no other way to explain it. Apologizing is NOT being a hypocrite unless you go back on that apology.

An apology is not just saying, hey I'm sorry. It is also about accepting responsibility, which you aren't doing by saying you have nothing to apologize for. And then saying, it won't happen in the future, i.e., if I went back on the pledge I would take time off the board. I am NOT asking for forgiveness. I am just saying we should exchange apologies.

This whole episode in this thread shines the light on the fact that you are a very unhappy man and that is real sad...especially at this time of year. What a shame.

Everyone on this board sees what we are writing.
Just as I suspected. Your whole "apology" was just a means of taking more shots.

Now you'll begin every post with "I was the bigger man," What crap.

Us trading apologies would be like you giving me an '84 Ford and me giving you a new Lexus.

Just as I suspected. Your whole "apology" was just a means of taking more shots.

Now you'll begin every post with "I was the bigger man," What crap.

Us trading apologies would be like you giving me an '84 Ford and me giving you a new Lexus.
Is that the way you view an apology? I can't even begin to express how lost you are as to keep score. You have written just as many bad posts as I have and really, who is keeping score and who cares anyway? Look. The minute you decided not to apologize the deal was off. You ended it, not me. As far as being the bigger person goes, I didn't make that saying up. It is an old saying that happens to be the truth.

I know that one stings, but I did come forward first and you didn't.

Who approached who first? I approached you first. That is a fact that can be easily looked up here for confirmation. I guarantee you, if you had approached me first, my reaction would have been 180 degrees different than yours was and an apology would have gone right out. It was the right thing to do. Obviously you have a problem doing what's right. Here is another saying...it doesn't matter WHO is right...the important thing to do is WHAT'S right. Obviously you have a problem with that as undeniable evidence here shows.

Remember the whole board sees what we are writing.

I do have some glad tidings to share. It is all over. In an effort to throw and complete a Hail Mary, the left and Democrats, along with the pass, fell flat on their faces.

The electors voted unanimously yesterday to put Donald J. Trump into the White House effective January 20th, 2017. The house will confirm and certify that vote during the first week of January.

In spite of all the "fake news" stories by the news media saying Trump may not get the needed 270 electoral votes to become the next President, it happened. Even Martin Sheen and some more wacko leftists in Hollywood made a so-called "public service announcement" asking electors to vote against Trump. Sure thing. they were asking help from a group they constantly mock and who their candidate called "deplorable." Fat chance.

Now here is the delicious part. They needed 37 electors to defect. At last count I saw 2 left Trump and he ended up with 304 electoral votes. However 5 electors left Hillary and voted for other candidates. That count and re-count thing just isn't working for them.

BWM,

Did you read the description? It seems like an interesting class likely named to catch people's attention. I assume you are a graduate, have to taken an African American studies course or a Women's studies course or anything to that effect?

I know that the women's studies courses (2) I took opened my eyes to somethings i hadnt considered. There was also discussed some items I didnt agree with, but i was able to be a voice of dissent... And that enriches the learning process.

Bones,

I'm a bit older than you I'm thinking, so when I was in college I did take a course in the sociology department that was labeled as "multicultural studies" this particular multicultural course focused on the assimilation of African-American culture into the American fabric such that we all become one unified culture. Not that we don't embrace our independent cultural backgrounds but rather understand and enjoy the differences we bring to each other. Additionally, we were mandated to take a course labeled "contemporary moral problems". This didn't focus on anything but becoming a morally just rather than bankrupt country. These classes were not at a faith based college but rather the land grant college of the University of Delaware.

Now that I've answered your question and will acknowledge that perhaps the name of the course is set to be provocative, can you imagine the cry that a course Labeled "The Problem of Blackness" would cause. These types of provocative behaviors is what I believe continues to keep our country divided, and certainly has no place in a college circulum. It's time for us all to have pride in who we are and accept and embrace "who" all others are as well. This is the only way to prevent both sides of the extreme racial argument from gathering any more momentum.

Did you read the description? It seems like an interesting class likely named to catch people's attention. I assume you are a graduate, have to taken an African American studies course or a Women's studies course or anything to that effect?

I know that the women's studies courses (2) I took opened my eyes to somethings i hadnt considered. There was also discussed some items I didnt agree with, but i was able to be a voice of dissent... And that enriches the learning process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT