ADVERTISEMENT

6A is very interesting

All.... Not sure how they managed to do it. The rule is when a school petitions to play up it must be done by September first of the first year in the two season enrollment period. Both of those schools played in the postseason 5A class last year. (year one of two)

You are correct the current Ihsa enrollment figures for all teams showing the (U) which designates playing up. Those two have it. Maybe the Ihsa recently changed the rule? If so that surprises me. It would allow a school to manipulate the system if they see a strong contender they might have to play in that second year of the two season enrollment average. The only other thing it could be is a mistake and it will not start till the 2025-2026 season. Ratsy
Must be a rule change, a friend of mine kid plays on one of these teams and showed me a email from the coach saying he was petitioning to move up to 6A and it would be for 2 years. My assumption they petitioned because of all the privates that hit their multiplier and success ceilings at 5A, the thought is they could have better chance at 6A, good luck on that.

In my opion this move is all about if they can have a chance to be competitive in the 2nd playoff game.

Must be a rule change, a friend of mine kid plays on one of these teams and showed me a email from the coach saying he was petitioning to move up to 6A and it would be for 2 years. My assumption they petitioned because of all the privates that hit their multiplier and success ceilings at 5A, the thought is they could have better chance at 6A, good luck on that.

In my opion this move is all about if they can have a chance to be competitive in the 2nd playoff game.
All.... Yes when you petiton to play up the rule is it must be for two years at the start of the new two year enrollment average cycle. Which would start in 2025. I suppose the mystery will solved and answered when the 256 postseason qualifiers are announced and slotted in their respective classes a few weeks fron now. Ratsy

Reactions: IHSAfan207
All.... The only other possibility (see above post) is the sign up document to be turned into the Ihsa. Not finding a new one for 2024 so the 2023 turn in slip would be my point of reference. (It has two years listed at the top of the page.) It says it has to be turned in by Sept. 1 2023. Maybe you can submit to play up starting in the second year if so desired of the enrollment average. Which would according to the rules the two schools would also be 6A in 2025. A bit confusing. Ratsy

Reactions: IHSAfan207

Last year Prairie Ridge beat Cary Grove regular season. PR got bounced first round in 5A. We know how C-G did in 6A.
Just sayin’…

Reactions: AlabamaTimberwolf
All.... Not sure how they managed to do it. The rule is when a school petitions to play up it must be done by September first of the first year in the two season enrollment period. Both of those schools played in the postseason 5A class last year. (year one of two)

You are correct the current Ihsa enrollment figures for all teams showing the (U) which designates playing up. Those two have it. Maybe the Ihsa recently changed the rule? If so that surprises me. It would allow a school to manipulate the system if they see a strong contender they might have to play in that second year of the two season enrollment average. The only other thing it could be is a mistake and it will not start till the 2025-2026 season. Ratsy
Must be a rule change, a friend of mine kid plays on one of these teams and showed me a email from the coach saying he was petitioning to move up to 6A and it would be for 2 years. My assumption they petitioned because of all the privates that hit their multiplier and success ceilings at 5A, the thought is they could have better chance at 6A, good luck on that. In my opion this move is all about if they can have a chance to be competitive in the 2nd playoff game.
Last year Prairie Ridge beat Cary Grove regular season. PR got bounced first round in 5A. We know how C-G did in 6A.
Just sayin’…
Good point, PR ran into the buzzsaw named NAZ, otherwise I think they make deep run in 5A last year, that was/is a solid team. PR plays a balanced schedule and beat some good teams along the way IMHO.

Warren is in trouble. They struggled mightily with Mundelein. I think it's time we have an intervention Micah...
There are a few more key games to go NSC. I do not think Warren will give up the trone that easily. Stivie, LZ & LV games remaining. It will be a dog fight to the end for NSC Championship Trophy. To be honest I am glad the conference is stepping up. Lets talk in a couple of weeks. Things could change. Six Flags is still rolling !

Reactions: crusader_of_90
There are a few more key games to go NSC. I do not think Warren will give up the trone that easily. Stivie, LZ & LV games remaining. It will be a dog fight to the end for NSC Championship Trophy. To be honest I am glad the conference is stepping up. Lets talk in a couple of weeks. Things could change. Six Flags is still rolling !
Is the conference really stepping up or is Warren stepping down this year?
Wait why are we talking about an 8A team in this thread?

Reactions: MSLguy05
Just sayin’…
They also run the same system, so they know exactly how to defend it. 80% of the times their games are very close. I don’t know if that’s a good example. When Superman was there I believe they beat Cary grove on a miracle run with time expiring in the playoffs and PR was way better than CG that year. PR also blew that game vs naz, believe they were up even with like 5 turnovers. Credits to Naz good program and showed adversity was nothing for them.

The program moving up must be our friends from Antioch.

Would find it hilarious if they petition up and then draw CG round 1.

Yes I've been a volunteer at esl since 2000 this NEVER HAPPENED. Please elaborate bc I am well in the fold when it comes to esl football
We made a side trip in 2019 on our way to Mascoutah. We sat on the ESL side since our colors are blue and orange as well. Watched them demolish Chatham and had a great time yelling All Gas, No Brakes with the crowd. We went on to Mascoutah to do the same. Good times

interesting for 2nd place.....
These tired ol’ eyes watched Cary-Grove best Huntley 44-43 and looking ahead, the guess is that the state-title game will look exactly the same as it did in 2021 and 2023.
That is, East St. Louis is way way way too fast and too explosive and will score at will on C-G.
And C-G’s offense executes so perfectly and is so deceptive that it will score at will on EStL.
It won’t be shocking if the game is decided by successful/unsuccessful PAT kicks and/or two-point conversion attempts.
With the way that the Lincoln-Way East team is rolling, in terms of maximum tv viewership, it might be a shame that the 8A title game is played in prime time and the 6A matchup is in the early afternoon.

Six Flags shut down for winter. Didn't see this coming with 18 starters back from a quarters team but it happens.

These tired ol’ eyes watched Cary-Grove best Huntley 44-43 and looking ahead, the guess is that the state-title game will look exactly the same as it did in 2021 and 2023.
That is, East St. Louis is way way way too fast and too explosive and will score at will on C-G.
And C-G’s offense executes so perfectly and is so deceptive that it will score at will on EStL.
It won’t be shocking if the game is decided by successful/unsuccessful PAT kicks and/or two-point conversion attempts.
With the way that the Lincoln-Way East team is rolling, in terms of maximum tv viewership, it might be a shame that the 8A title game is played in prime time and the 6A matchup is in the early afternoon.
The Friars may have something to say before this rematch. I’ll be very interested to see Fridays MC/Fenwick matchup.

So will Fenwick be North or South?
Probably north.

When Fenwick last made the playoffs in 2022, they played in the northern bracket of 5A. Since 5A is not 6A, that information may not be helpful. However, "Catch-22" provided his bracket analysis this past week and concluded Fenwick would most likely play in the 6A northern bracket this year (based on current circumstances).

If Fenwick stays 6A I want that rd 1 match up but I doubt that comes to fruition, but it would be funny.
In Catch-22's post Fenwick is the only private school in 6A.
According to Scoice’s
If Fenwick stays 6A I want that rd 1 match up but I doubt that comes to fruition, but it would be funny.
In Catch-22's post Fenwick is the only private school in 6A.
According to Soucie’s projections Antioch vs Fenwick 1st round.

The Friars may have something to say before this rematch. I’ll be very interested to see Fridays MC/Fenwick matchup.
We shall see Cary-Grove is going to be really hard to beat. Huntley beat CG the last 2 years. A lot has to do with that they play each other every year

PR also blew that game vs naz, believe they were up even with like 5 turnovers.
I was there, I knew this was BS so I went and rewatched because of the BYE week. Naz beat PR let’s not even pretend otherwise. PR fumbled 3 times and all were recovered by Naz. Thats 3 turnovers not 5 and 2 of those were a direct result of plays made by Nazareth.

1) Fumble forced by Naz, helmet on football.
2) Fumble forced by Naz, stripped.
3) Fumble by PR, forced on tackle but ball was loose, PR was down 2 touchdowns with under 4 mins left at this point.

Reactions: Dave Brody
I was there, I knew this was BS so I went and rewatched because of the BYE week. Naz beat PR let’s not even pretend otherwise. PR fumbled 3 times and all were recovered by Naz. Thats 3 turnovers not 5 and 2 of those were a direct result of plays made by Nazareth.

1) Fumble forced by Naz, helmet on football.
2) Fumble forced by Naz, stripped.
3) Fumble by PR, forced on tackle but ball was loose, PR was down 2 touchdowns with under 4 mins left at this point.
It’s not that serious buddy

Yes, but was thinking from the top it my head. Never discredited naz
I had time… that’s exactly what you did though. I don’t believe the intent was malicious in anyway but when you say “team X lost the game” that implies that team X was better and it certainly discredits the other team. Again I don’t believe it was malicious but Naz traveled to PR a house of horrors for that program to play a 9-0 team they’ve never beaten on their own grass (we don’t like grass). Naz was better and won the game and after our history with PR I won’t take it any other way lol.

I had time… that’s exactly what you did though. I don’t believe the intent was malicious in anyway but when you say “team X lost the game” that implies that team X was better and it certainly discredits the other team. Again I don’t believe it was malicious but Naz traveled to PR a house of horrors for that program to play a 9-0 team they’ve never beaten on their own grass (we don’t like grass). Naz was better and won the game and after our history with PR I won’t take it any other way lol.
Not sure why people don’t understand this.

I’m not necessarily saying this was the case in the PR v Naz game, but sometimes the better team doesn’t win, and that’s how upsets happen.
My Alma mater and favorite follow Wilmington Wildcats pulled one out of the fire last year in the quarterfinals which springboarded them to a title. The Seneca team they beat was in all honesty a better team, but injuries, good fortune, and a couple of really long FGs were in Wilmo’s favor on that particular day, and they advanced.

I’m not necessarily saying this was the case in the PR v Naz game, but sometimes the better team doesn’t win, and that’s how upsets happen.
My Alma mater and favorite follow Wilmington Wildcats pulled one out of the fire last year in the quarterfinals which springboarded them to a title. The Seneca team they beat was in all honesty a better team, but injuries, good fortune, and a couple of really long FGs were in Wilmo’s favor on that particular day, and they advanced.
Head to head is the only true measure. What made them a better team during that game? Just curious on your thoughts. Not to pick on you but, I hear that a lot. The better team didn’t win. How is that.

Head to head is the only true measure. What made them a better team during that game? Just curious on your thoughts. Not to pick on you but, I hear that a lot. The better team didn’t win. How is that.
My personal example is that Seneca beat Wilmo in the regular season. Additionally, Seneca’s best player and dual threat QB got hurt late in the regular season and came back as a not 100% running back. Because of the brace on his knee he got chased down and stopped on what would’ve been a TD and Wilmo eventually stuffed them on the goal line. Finally, Wilmington’s kicker made a 54 yd FG at the halftime buzzer and then made a 38 yarder at the 4th Q buzzer to send it to OT, where Wilmo ultimately prevailed. I’m as big a Wilmo fan as you will find, but they were beyond fortunate to win that game. Wilmo had the edge in coaching but it was mostly just some good luck that they won that one.

My personal example is that Seneca beat Wilmo in the regular season. Additionally, Seneca’s best player and dual threat QB got hurt late in the regular season and came back as a not 100% running back. Because of the brace on his knee he got chased down and stopped on what would’ve been a TD and Wilmo eventually stuffed them on the goal line. Finally, Wilmington’s kicker made a 54 yd FG at the halftime buzzer and then made a 38 yarder at the 4th Q buzzer to send it to OT, where Wilmo ultimately prevailed. I’m as big a Wilmo fan as you will find, but they were beyond fortunate to win that game. Wilmo had the edge in coaching but it was mostly just some good luck that they won that one.
I understand but you are mentioning the amazing kicks from a High School kid that should get more of the credit versus being fortunate that a kid wasn’t 100%. I will also add the unbelievable hustle you described by a kid that saved a touchdown. His effort should get more credit than a kid being injured. Just my opinion but I definitely respect yours. Thanks for answering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT