ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Caravan

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Can someone in the know give us a scouting report on this years returning State Champs? How do the O & D lines look? I know we have skill in the offensive backfield, how about receivers? Who's playing both ways? TIA

This question will be better answered by McCaravan, who seems to have a hotline to the program. But the view from here in the bleechers is that the team will be strong in all phases of the game. If MaxPreps can be believed, Justin Lynch has has hit the weight room and had a natural growth spurt, adding an inch to his height and 25 pounds of muscle to his frame. He will be hard to stop as a runner, and he will have plenty of targets to throw to, including the sure-handed Jaali Parker and Kyheim Schooler as well as the emerging Jack Butcher, who doubles as a lead blocker as well a receiver. Some of the returning two-way players are Kennena Odeluga, Sam Del Valle, and a beast I love to watch, Austin Marciel-Haygood. They lose Marty O'Brien and Ben Perry, who combined for 17 interceptions last year, but bring back the disrupter Tommy Egan. Those are just some of the seniors, who will be bolstered by the juniors and a few high-profile transfers, whom I don't know much about. They lost a great player in Jalen Grant, but both sides of the line remain intact.

Last edited:
This question will be better answered by McCaravan, who has a hotline to the program. But the view from here in the bleechers is that the team will be strong in all phases of the game. If MaxPreps can be believed, Justin Lynch has has hit the weight room and had a natural growth spurt, adding an inch to his height and 25 pounds of muscle to his frame. He will be hard to stop as a runner, and he will have plenty of targets to throw to, including the sure-handed Jaali Parker and Kyheim Schooler as well as the emerging Jack Butcher, who doubles as a lead blocker as well a receiver. Some of the returning two-way players are Kennena Odeluga, Sam Del Valle, and a beast I love to watch, Austin Marciel-Haygood. They lose Marty O'Brien and Ben Perry, who combined for 17 interceptions last year, but bring back the disrupter Tommy Egan. Those are just some of the seniors, who will be bolstered by the juniors and a few high-profile transfers, whom I don't know much about. They lost a great player in Jalen Grant, but both sides of the line remain intact.
I think this year's Jr. class across the broad is going to be impressive, especially in the schools that stayed mostly open thru the last year. Shame i'ts only 6 games. But grateful we are on the field at all.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
This question will be better answered by McCaravan, who seems to have a hotline to the program. But the view from here in the bleechers is that the team will be strong in all phases of the game. If MaxPreps can be believed, Justin Lynch has has hit the weight room and had a natural growth spurt, adding an inch to his height and 25 pounds of muscle to his frame. He will be hard to stop as a runner, and he will have plenty of targets to throw to, including the sure-handed Jaali Parker and Kyheim Schooler as well as the emerging Jack Butcher, who doubles as a lead blocker as well a receiver. Some of the returning two-way players are Kennena Odeluga, Sam Del Valle, and a beast I love to watch, Austin Marciel-Haygood. They lose Marty O'Brien and Ben Perry, who combined for 17 interceptions last year, but bring back the disrupter Tommy Egan. Those are just some of the seniors, who will be bolstered by the juniors and a few high-profile transfers, whom I don't know much about. They lost a great player in Jalen Grant, but both sides of the line remain intact.
Egan’s out. Opted to concentrate on Baseball which he’s playing in College.

And that evaluation is from a loyal Loyola guy. I'm not looking past Montini, always a great program, but next week's contest in Wilmette could be one for the ages.
I didn't get to see the game but watching edgy's tape my take away is Mt. Carmel is very good. Too much size on their o-line versus Montini's d Line. Good prep game for Mt. Carmel to take on the Ramblers!

Reactions: Blue Ruin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT