ADVERTISEMENT

“Friday night lights” ?

I don't think it' up to them, it's up to the schools and what they decide.

It was 72 degrees at kickoff last Friday - it's supposed to be 32 degrees this Friday night, so I'm assuming that played a big part in the decision.

I don't think it' up to them, it's up to the schools and what they decide.

It was 72 degrees at kickoff last Friday - it's supposed to be 32 degrees this Friday night, so I'm assuming that played a big part in the decision.
I’m seeing a low of 36 Friday and a high of 39 Saturday. Blaaaa. There should be at least 1 game Friday Lots of these matchups are within 30 mins travel time

I’m seeing a low of 36 Friday and a high of 39 Saturday. Blaaaa. There should be at least 1 game Friday Lots of these matchups are within 30 mins travel time
Email all the schools playing this weekend and complain. They set the days, not the IHSA.

God I don’t remember the last time MC played a Friday night quarterfinal....maybe 2010 they played LT in the quarters. But aren’t the high majority Saturday in most years?

God I don’t remember the last time MC played a Friday night quarterfinal....maybe 2010 they played LT in the quarters. But aren’t the high majority Saturday in most years?
I recall some gem quarterfinals on Friday nights the past 20 years. Just somewhat of a shame that 1 school didn’t pull the trigger

"30 minutes travel time" only as the crow flies during Friday pm rush. Furthermore, I would imagine it is a rarity for any team winning a playoff game on a Saturday, consenting to come back on Friday in the next round. Exception, of course, is a Saturday semi to a Friday state final.

Reactions: MS4EVER
"30 minutes travel time" only as the crow flies during Friday pm rush. Furthermore, I would imagine it is a rarity for any team winning a playoff game on a Saturday, consenting to come back on Friday in the next round. Exception, of course, is a Saturday semi to a Friday state final.
Last year's South Bracket 4A semifinal (Rochester-SHG) was on a Friday night, the LONE game in the state!! Heck, Edgy even made it down!! And both teams had a Saturday quarterfinal I do believe.

Once a school plays a Satuday game, they usually don't go back to Friday night.

While normally true, in 5a i believe Sterling, Goode, Payton, Morgan Park, Peoria and Kankakee all played Saturday round one and Friday round 2.

Reactions: doctor_d
It's the "Football-Gods" way of easing you back into the offseason. It allows you to start figuring out what to do on Friday night, while still having HS Football on Saturday. This way, nobody has to go cold-turkey right after Thanksgiving (see what I did there).

Would school staffs have to be paid 1.5x or 2x on account of Friday being Veterans Day?

Would school staffs have to be paid 1.5x or 2x on account of Friday being Veterans Day?
Almost no one takes off on Veteran's Day. They add the day to Thanksgiving week instead.

Don't sleep on the HOT Friday CPL Playoff Action!. Taft vs Phillips. 7pm at Lane!! Just make sure you use the bathroom before coming into the stadium, especially if it is cold enough to freeze pipes...
Seems very unlikely, but is this streamed anywhere?

80k fans?! Amazing. Soldier holds like 50k back then I thought
That was when the bears were playing in Wrigley Field. The fields was not capped at the north end and the field was also 30 yards farther north.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT