ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early predictions for 2022

MC will lose a lot, but they also have a lot coming back. Next year's model could be as good as this year's. Ramblin' Jack Elliott is expected to be as good as Dowling, and he has a bevy of receivers. Darrion Dupre will be a senior. Parker Startz will be back too. As the Dean boldly predicted, "Nobody stays within two TDS." I'll say including Loyola, which will be a home game.
1) Ramblin Jack will not be as good of an interview as Dowling ... I know nothing of his skills, so I will leave it at that.

2) You spotting 14.5 for week 2? I will take that action.

MC will lose a lot, but they also have a lot coming back. Next year's model could be as good as this year's. Ramblin' Jack Elliott is expected to be as good as Dowling, and he has a bevy of receivers. Darrion Dupre will be a senior. Parker Startz will be back too. As the Dean boldly predicted, "Nobody stays within two TDS." I'll say including Loyola, which will be a home game.
They got Dupree, so they got a chance in every game! Turbo Manning will be in the backfield with him. Besides Gilliam and the other wide selections of WRs I think Danyil Taylor will have a huge Junior year. He had 7 TDs as a Soph on varsity and him and Elliott had a great year together as Freshman in 2021. Defensively, besides Startz obviously, Tavon Rice had a great Junior year on the Dline and will be one of the best d linemen in the CCL if not the State. Jemarie Chaney had a strong year, he is the one who stripped the ball in the SR semi game. And Daniel Banks, who had the game winning sack vs BR will be back as well.

Biggest needs is we need to replace 4 of 5 on the OL and the entire secondary, but Charles Miles has D1 offers in the secondary and Javy Payne was a Soph on Varsity who had a good year. OL has some big bodies but will need to gel. Last season OL was amazing. Big shoes to fill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
They got Dupree, so they got a chance in every game! Turbo Manning will be in the backfield with him. Besides Gilliam and the other wide selections of WRs I think Danyil Taylor will have a huge Junior year. He had 7 TDs as a Soph on varsity and him and Elliott had a great year together as Freshman in 2021. Defensively, besides Startz obviously, Tavon Rice had a great Junior year on the Dline and will be one of the best d linemen in the CCL if not the State. Jemarie Chaney had a strong year, he is the one who stripped the ball in the SR semi game. And Daniel Banks, who had the game winning sack vs BR will be back as well.

Biggest needs is we need to replace 4 of 5 on the OL and the entire secondary, but Charles Miles has D1 offers in the secondary and Javy Payne was a Soph on Varsity who had a good year. OL has some big bodies but will need to gel. Last season OL was amazing. Big shoes to fill.
I mostly agree.

Despite losing a ton, I am very optimistic on the next season. I think they will win 7A but I just don't see them running the table. The Schedule has too many potential landmines. The 3 division games vs SR, BR, LA. A crossover at a resurgent Prov. Bad things seems to happen there. And opening up with Flyer, who brings back something like 15 starters.

Big questions for me are getting the offensive line set, the OLBs and secondary.

10 of MC's 14 games were over by halftime, giving the backups plenty of experience. The transition should be seamless.

10 of MC's 14 games were over by halftime, giving the backups plenty of experience. The transition should be seamless.
11 of ESL 14 games were over by halftime and 15 of the 22 starters return with 2 non starters started 40% of the time due to injury. None of that means anything when August roll around.

11 of ESL 14 games were over by halftime and 15 of the 22 starters return with 2 non starters started 40% of the time due to injury. None of that means anything when August roll around.
There are some years when MC has had a ton of returning starters back and it works out as planned like undefeated seasons in ’96, ’98, ’22. Nothing is guaranteed though. They have had a ton of starters back in other seasons and no payoff. 2004 had 15 guys back and went 6-3 and lost again to Prov in playoffs. Also have had some years like ’91 when had 4 starters back and won 5A. Albeit after a slow start at 0-2 , won the next 12. Recently in 2019 were junior heavy and went 14-0. So returning starters is nice but doesn’t always translate. I think they have a nice mix of guys with experience and guys getting an opportunity for their shot. Some are 3 year starters like Startz, Rice. They are set at QB and RB to which is key.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT