ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early predictions for 2022

CCHS 5-4 unless they can fix their defense.

Lots of upside, but 'hope' isn't a good strategy.

JCA returns some very good talent on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, they will need to replace a great group. The junior class is pretty good and did well at the lower levels. There are some huge linemen that will step in and some very good athletes at the skilled positions.

Reactions: CatholicHigh41
Curious to see if the classes will be the same this upcoming year as this past season without the multiplier... That would shake things up and make the brackets much more competitive. For instance 5A this year was a cake walk, would've been much more interesting having JCA vs Fenwick in the championship game.

Reactions: gw86
Curious to see if the classes will be the same this upcoming year as this past season without the multiplier... That would shake things up and make the brackets much more competitive. For instance 5A this year was a cake walk, would've been much more interesting having JCA vs Fenwick in the championship game.
why should JCA be multiplied and not Francis. Should be all or none.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
All.... 2022 will be the second year of the two year enrollment rule. Both SHG and JCA will be in Class 4A. No multiplier for those two till 2023. Ratsy

If everyone was multiplied this year, It wouldnt have been Fenwick vs JCA in 5A, because Fenwick wouldnt have been in 5A.

No team predictions yet, I have to still run my 50k simulations on my top 50 but one prediction that I’m fairly certain on is St. Rita returning LB Matt Kingsbury will be getting Marist-graduating-LB-Rolder type attention in a couple of months after the film is digested and camps are had.

Warren puts an emphasis on offense but the defense falters (but only in warm weather games).

throwing to themselves?
No. The Jr QB that couldn't play this year is really good. I think this season is vastly different with him (no knock against the kid that stepped in with one week's notice, he did so admirably). And from what I hear there is an incoming freshman that makes it okay that our other guy is your guy lol

JCA returns some very good talent on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, they will need to replace a great group. The junior class is pretty good and did well at the lower levels. There are some huge linemen that will step in and some very good athletes at the skilled positions.
The Jr. QB is solid. Do you see Bonsu moving to RB?

The Jr. QB is solid. Do you see Bonsu moving to RB?
The QB is a very good athlete. D1 baseball kid. About 6'2 and 190 lbs. Yes I see Bonsu and Powell and probably Mau or maybe a junior in the backfield. Van Tassell is a nice WR and have some big linemen led by Birsa. Entire D front four comes back and Hernandez and Weston are nice line backers. There are a handful of decent athletes who will compete for the DB spots. Overall, it's a pretty good group. Numbers in the program really help.

MS will be good. Sophs were very good this year.

WN, SR, Eastside, Kankakee all have a bunch back. SHG will dominate. LA and LWE should be tops in 8A.

No team predictions yet, I have to still run my 50k simulations on my top 50 but one prediction that I’m fairly certain on is St. Rita returning LB Matt Kingsbury will be getting Marist-graduating-LB-Rolder type attention in a couple of months after the film is digested and camps are had.
I bet the Wheaton North punt returner regrets squaring up with him in the state game. One of the more devastating hits I've seen at a HS football game. Watch the first 40 secondsMatt Kingsbury

The QB is a very good athlete. D1 baseball kid. About 6'2 and 190 lbs. Yes I see Bonsu and Powell and probably Mau or maybe a junior in the backfield. Van Tassell is a nice WR and have some big linemen led by Birsa. Entire D front four comes back and Hernandez and Weston are nice line backers. There are a handful of decent athletes who will compete for the DB spots. Overall, it's a pretty good group. Numbers in the program really help.
Next year's team will be loaded with talented d- linemen. Defensive end Jeremy Johnson offers versatility in his ability to excel at linebacker. Offensively there will be a drop-off in talent but the new group will be just fine with some pleasant surprises because of all the competition.

Reactions: rjjtwest and USD24
If everyone was multiplied this year, It wouldnt have been Fenwick vs JCA in 5A, because Fenwick wouldnt have been in 5A.
I think that wouldve been a much better matchup than Fenwick vs Kankakee and JCA vs Sacred Heart... That actually wouldve been a game.

All.... 2022 will be the second year of the two year enrollment rule. Both SHG and JCA will be in Class 4A. No multiplier for those two till 2023. Ratsy
No multiplier but I think they will be success factored up to 5A because they both were in the championship game.

Reactions: USD24 and corey90
No multiplier but I think they will be success factored up to 5A because they both were in the championship game.
This is my biggest confusion but would make sense.

I thought they didn't re-add Multipliers and/or Success Factors until the beginning of the next 2 year cycle, which in this case wouldn't be until 2023/2024 2 year cycle. Am I wrong?

I think your way makes more sense, but the IHSA making sense is not a priority.

This is my biggest confusion but would make sense.

I thought they didn't re-add Multipliers and/or Success Factors until the beginning of the next 2 year cycle, which in this case wouldn't be until 2023/2024 2 year cycle. Am I wrong?

I think your way makes more sense, but the IHSA making sense is not a priority.
I’m with you. The way I understand the rule/rules with multipliers and playoff success are this. Not all Catholic schools are automatically multiplied. They look at the “playoff success” in the previous cycle as the determining factor for being multiplied. The reason so few Catholic schools were multiplied in our current cycle is because they used the 6 game spring Covid season on top of the 2019 last full season. 0 teams played playoff games in the spring season obviously. Which is why a school like Loyola ended up 7A. Limited playoff success in ‘19 with 0 in 20/21. Not sure of the number of playoff games that determines if you’re multiplied. That’s the way I understood it. Could be wrong. Ratsy above is the guy with the answers.

Neuqua will have the vast majority of their talent back but will have to replace Domschke and Carter Sessa. Unfortunately, we know Neuqua talent isn’t the issue.

Reactions: Panthers1211
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT