ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early predictions for 2022

For the last 6 games [I think] of regular and playoffs
Logan Malachuk. Throws a very pretty ball, great poise for a true frosh [first ever to start under Racki]. Returns Justin Turner [#2, a beast] and Kaleb Miller [#5]

Also had Gabe Kaminsky at DE as a true FR. Might go down as our most decorated DL ever
Yup, poise is the word. Also throws a nice ball a long distance.

As much as I don’t want to agree… I will, for now. Depends on the draw.
York and HC were the top two teams this year and both lost at home to teams that finished in the middle of their conferences. LT and GW both got manhandled by the state champ bit would have had similar results against many in the field. Until they prove otherwise the results of the last few years will always make me skeptical

I predict that once again the West Suburban Silver will all be done after week 2 of the playoffs.
Until the West Suburban gets rid of the mandatory crossovers and then can use those games to increase strength of schedule and test their players it won’t change. One game a season outside the WSC isn’t enough. We will all get better.

Until the West Suburban gets rid of the mandatory crossovers and then can use those games to increase strength of schedule and test their players it won’t change. One game a season outside the WSC isn’t enough. We will all get better.
I see Addison Trail dropped Plainfield South for Maine East. Crossover games hurt the the silver point wise for the playoffs. But it makes the AD jobs that much easier not having to find non conference games.

Sporthog9er...are you in the building to be making these “predictions” at LWC? Just curious.

Yes it turned the offense around. They averaged 38 pts the last 6 games of the regular season.
Malachuk , Taylor, Miller , Kaminski , Flanagan(2024) and Jimmy Penley(2025) who was hurt the latter half of the season all return.
Thank you!

IDK why I called Taylor, Turner.

I don't have anyone in mind(that would defeat the purpose), but I think 5A is going to be won by somebody completely under the radar. The lack of usual big names will once again leave it ripe for underdogs and I think that leaves it open for a team like Morton was this year to go deep

Reactions: USD24
York and HC were the top two teams this year and both lost at home to teams that finished in the middle of their conferences. LT and GW both got manhandled by the state champ bit would have had similar results against many in the field. Until they prove otherwise the results of the last few years will always make me skeptical
I 100% agree. York is definitely on the rise, and I won’t be surprised to see them win the conference. I thin GBW is on a down swing right now. And HC - well, they’ll continue to make the playoffs each year, and likely be out by the quarters.

So, much of the same for the WSS. Yet each of the schools (save maybe Proviso West, sorry) will continue to put players into college programs, and some of those kids will end up being impact players at big programs - see Doug Kramer and Matt Allen. And all of the schools will send smart kids to colleges who have an understanding of what it means to be a part of a team.

So while rings and State trophies don’t look to be on the near horizon for the WSS, kids from WSS programs will continue to have great HIgh School football experiences, and be set up well for future life success. Much like most programs in the state.

To bad there isn’t a major corporate theme park in west suburbs. It’s be a great closing line.

Lockport won’t make it past quarters. Less than 5 returning players.
The Juniors were 8-1 as sophomores, and their sophomore team was 8-1 as well. So I wouldn't look down on them, Making it out of the quarters is hard for any team to do.

The Juniors were 8-1 as sophomores, and their sophomore team was 8-1 as well. So I wouldn't look down on them, Making it out of the quarters is hard for any team to do.
Are you saying those Juniors played JV this season? I believe the only way they played varsity is if the coach played them this year unless their was no JV team? Then they might of been 2nd or 3rd string.

LP combining two 8-1 classes together
LWE returning virtually everyone
Sandburg in year two of a Lockport-esque turnaround (championship in year 3?)

Looks like H-F and Brook will be duking it out for last place.

Are you saying those Juniors played JV this season? I believe the only way they played varsity is if the coach played them this year unless their was no JV team? Then they might of been 2nd or 3rd string.
No, I am saying when the Juniors were sophomores, they went 5-1. They were 2nd stringers this year, but it wasn't as if they are a bad group of players. Just a really good class of seniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
No. The Jr QB that couldn't play this year is really good. I think this season is vastly different with him (no knock against the kid that stepped in with one week's notice, he did so admirably). And from what I hear there is an incoming freshman that makes it okay that our other guy is your guy lol
From Nov 31st

I’d flip Rochester and SHG. SHG returns 15 starters, including QB Ty Lott, WR/DB Keshon Singleton, and WR/DB Jake Hamilton. Rochester returns 8-9 starters and has to replace QB Hank Beatty. There’s size and potential at the lower grades but it will take some time to develop.
You were right. When Rochester broke to the 28 - 0 lead I thought for sure I had called the upset correctly... and early. It didn't turn out that way.

This thread from a year ago makes for interesting reading. Many posters did an excellent job of predicting what would happen in the 2022 season... nine months before the season even started.

You were right. When Rochester broke to the 28 - 0 lead I thought for sure I had called the upset correctly... and early. It didn't turn out that way.

This thread from a year ago makes for interesting reading. Many posters did an excellent job of predicting what would happen in the 2022 season... nine months before the season even started.
I was close:
Nobody stays within 2 TDs of MC except at Loyola.

2022 Preseason Top 20

1. Lincoln-Way East
2. Mt. Carmel
3. Loyola
4. Nazareth
5. Maine South
6. East St. Louis
7. Marist
8. Brother Rice
9. Prairie Ridge
10. Rochester
11. Cary-Grove
12. Joliet Catholic
13. Fenwick
14. Batavia
15. Lockport
16. Crete-Monee
17. St. Rita
18. Warren
19. Sacred Heart - Griffin
20. Richmond-Burton
Real close in no particular order. except SHG and Batavia . Waiting on your 2023

Reactions: Alexander32
The freshmen. Next years Sophs.

Actually the upcoming Juniors and Sophomores are both really damn good. There were eight sophomores up on varsity, six of whom started, for a 10-2 quarterfinalist team.

Even missing those eight, plus the best freshman from the year prior who transferred to Hersey, the JV squad was 8-0 going into the last game before dropping a 17-14 game to Lake Zurich in the last minute. That was their only loss in their first two seasons.

This year's freshman averaged 35 pts a game and probably have the best QB in house - plus another half dozen guys who legitimately could make varsity next fall as needed.

Reactions: Gene K.
Actually the upcoming Juniors and Sophomores are both really damn good. There were eight sophomores up on varsity, six of whom started, for a 10-2 quarterfinalist team.

Even missing those eight, plus the best freshman from the year prior who transferred to Hersey, the JV squad was 8-0 going into the last game before dropping a 17-14 game to Lake Zurich in the last minute. That was their only loss in their first two seasons.

This year's freshman averaged 35 pts a game and probably have the best QB in house - plus another half dozen guys who legitimately could make varsity next fall as needed.
Can These freshman beat Bartlett?

Reactions: crusader_of_90
MC will lose a lot, but they also have a lot coming back. Next year's model could be as good as this year's. Ramblin' Jack Elliott is expected to be as good as Dowling, and he has a bevy of receivers. Darrion Dupre will be a senior. Parker Startz will be back too. As the Dean boldly predicted, "Nobody stays within two TDS." I'll say including Loyola, which will be a home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT