ADVERTISEMENT

This is why! A different perspective

There are civil rights issues everyday for black people. Not saying that this game was that deep but we have explain what we saw and yall still not listening

Yep, the nerve of Cary. Just Fed Ex both the 2021 and 2023 trophies to ESL. Let them keep the second place trophy as well. Equity and all.

There are civil rights issues everyday for black people. Not saying that this game was that deep but we have explain what we saw and yall still not listening
I was THIS close on Saturday to making a post about the ref on JCA’s sideline being in their pocket in the first half. Some questionable spots of the ball a few iffy calls but I stopped myself because I was watching a really good football game between two really good football teams one of which was dominating the first half and it would be so unfair of me to take that away.

What you guys are doing is not only taking it away from the kids that participated on both sides but also accusing 80% of the referees you had this year of being something that you have no idea is true. That’s my point. You are doing the exact same thing to them that you are accusing them of doing to you. You aren’t listening.

I NEVER said anything close. I suggest you go back and read versus assuming. Proving the bias point of view that is being discussed. LOL
How are you not saying you were robbed unjustly? Point me one time where you said “we lost fair and square”. You’re the one bringing a biased point of view. You and your fellow fan pushing the idea that a team winning 80% of its games are screwed 80% of the time.

I was THIS close on Saturday to making a post about the ref on JCA’s sideline being in their pocket in the first half. Some questionable spots of the ball a few iffy calls but I stopped myself because I was watching a really good football game between two really good football teams one of which was dominating the first half and it would be so unfair of me to take that away.

What you guys are doing is not only taking it away from the kids that participated on both sides but also accusing 80% of the referees you had this year of being something that you have no idea is true. That’s my point. You are doing the exact same thing to them that you are accusing them of doing to you. You aren’t listening.
There isn't one post I have made that suggest that Cary didn't earn their trophy! Not ONE. Stop with your narrative of taking something away from them. Those kids played their tale off. Just like ESL. It was a great game which has been said multiple times!

How are you not saying you were robbed unjustly? Point me one time where you said “we lost fair and square”. You’re the one bringing a biased point of view. You and your fellow fan pushing the idea that a team winning 80% of its games are screwed 80% of the time.
I clearly said CG deserve Everything that comes with winning the championship as those kids played great. Now show me were I said ESL lost because of this topic? I will wait for your review.

There isn't one post I have made that suggest that Cary didn't earn their trophy! Not ONE. Stop with your narrative of taking something away from them. Those kids played their tale off. Just like ESL. It was a great game which has been said multiple times!
To be fair I have given you kudos to accepting Cary was the better team that deserved the win. I was also quoting odirty who actually is trying to take away from the Kids when he says things like injustice to a group of kids and 80% of the games you played were stacked against you.

See I feel like that’s like saying something offensive but saying no offense right way to make it ok. “Cary played hard and won a great game BUT injustices and handcuffs and 80% of games stacked against us”

Reactions: juschill
I clearly said CG deserve Everything that comes with winning the championship as those kids played great. Now show me were I said ESL lost because of this topic? I will wait for your review.

No, you just said (on page 4) “How do you respond to kids that ask why over and over as it continually happen to them?”. You keep implying the referees bring certain bias (you won’t quite say exactly what) that is designed to hurt your team.

The occasional “CG played great” does not make up for the implication.

Tell me, if you were to come out and say CG won solely because of the referees how would this thread have gone much differently?

Are you a child? If so then I apologize I shouldn’t have posted anything in your direction like that as in being a child you do not have the mental development or understanding to process big emotions and therefore I understand your need to draw comparisons to being put in handcuffs to getting a bad call in a football game.

However, I think you’re an adult and as an adult you should have the mental development and understanding that getting put in handcuffs is not the same as a referee who we all agreed was out of position making a bad call.

Cop being a dick and handcuffing someone on a routine traffic stop is awful and a gross injustice I think everyone would agree.

A referee being out of position to make the correct call is something that comes along with high school football and to that point I think everyone can agree.

Comparing the two and accusing a group of refs of having any sort of motive in a game that you yourself said you had a chance to win is the gross and disturbing part. What you are accusing refs of doing every week is comparable to the dickhead cop. Just because they look a certain way they should be handcuffed? No absolutely not. Just because they look a certain way the refs are clearly jobbing the poor kids from ESL? No absolutely not.

Like I said anyone who isn’t emotionally charged including you after a few months or maybe after you win your 11th title will see that there was no 1960s civil rights issues in Saturday’s contest. Just a group of people that all worked hard to be there and a few posters are continuing to trample on that.
Huh? Are you replying to my comment?

Huh? Are you replying to my comment?
Yep that one was in response to the telling a child to suck it up comment as I’ve not told one child to suck it up just the grown ups here. I actually never said suck it up I pretty much poked holes in the unjust refs narrative the whole time and complimented the fact CG has a game plan that really seems to work against your team and gave the kids kudos for executing the game plan.

I think we should all just admit that, were it not for the nefarious referees, ESL would have beat Cary 70-0 and be done with it. Cary should ignore the calls that went against them (we all know those calls were correct) and FedEx the trophy to East St. Louis. Let them have both. They can’t lose on their own, they are that good. Heck, send them the 2021 trophy as well. They deserve that one too.
You think they could nudge Prairie Ridge and work out a 2 for 1 shipping deal with Cary and have them ship the 6a trophy they robbed from Naz on that phantom block in the back call on the first TD of the game? We can ship them the runner up from that year. We aren’t greedy.

Reactions: juschill
Where I got bent the other night was the phrase “systemic racism” got dropped into the post that got flushed. Maybe I misinterpreted the use of the phrase but in this site, it’s like touching the third rail. Imagine if CG was on the losing side and I went off on the refs saying they blew calls because the IHSA has some agenda to fill. Edgy would have kicked my ass off this board in a hot second and I’d be on the street with GrossNoises. This is getting out of hand fellas. It was a great game, we were all emotional and it’s time to move on.

Last edited:
Where I got bent the other night was the phrase “systemic racism” got dropped into the post that got flushed. Maybe I misinterpreted the use of phrase but in this site, it’s like touching the third rail. Imagine if CG was on the losing side and I went off on the refs saying they blew calls because the IHSA has some agenda to fill. Edgy would have kicked my ass off this board in a hot second and I’d be on the street with GrossNoises. This is getting out of hand fellas. It was great game, we were all emotional and it’s time to move on.
Agreed. Thanks. I’m done. I’ve added a couple more to my blocked list.

Are you a child? If so then I apologize I shouldn’t have posted anything in your direction like that as in being a child you do not have the mental development or understanding to process big emotions and therefore I understand your need to draw comparisons to being put in handcuffs to getting a bad call in a football game.

However, I think you’re an adult and as an adult you should have the mental development and understanding that getting put in handcuffs is not the same as a referee who we all agreed was out of position making a bad call.

Cop being a dick and handcuffing someone on a routine traffic stop is awful and a gross injustice I think everyone would agree.

A referee being out of position to make the correct call is something that comes along with high school football and to that point I think everyone can agree.

Comparing the two and accusing a group of refs of having any sort of motive in a game that you yourself said you had a chance to win is the gross and disturbing part. What you are accusing refs of doing every week is comparable to the dickhead cop. Just because they look a certain way they should be handcuffed? No absolutely not. Just because they look a certain way the refs are clearly jobbing the poor kids from ESL? No absolutely not.

Like I said anyone who isn’t emotionally charged including you after a few months or maybe after you win your 11th title will see that there was no 1960s civil rights issues in Saturday’s contest. Just a group of people that all worked hard to be there and a few posters are continuing to trample on that.
I wasn’t the one who made the comparison. But I will entertain your rebuttal. For those who may have experienced both scenarios, it’s an easy connection in terms of the feelings that they both create.

It’s interesting that folks have all the answers on how others should respond or react to injustices that they’ve never had to endure, but no answers or concern on how to prevent the injustices or anger towards those who perpetuate them.

No, you just said (on page 4) “How do you respond to kids that ask why over and over as it continually happen to them?”. You keep implying the referees bring certain bias (you won’t quite say exactly what) that is designed to hurt your team.

The occasional “CG played great” does not make up for the implication.

Tell me, if you were to come out and say CG won solely because of the referees how would this thread have gone much differently?
That does not suggest that the game was decided by such actions. Even if it was called a catch doesn’t garauntee that ESL scores before the half. It’s just disappointing to have plays wiped out or calls missed or stops negated after playing your tail off. The end results are what they are. Doesn’t change the feeling or voicing opinion.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
That does not suggest that the game was decided by such actions. Even if it was called a catch doesn’t garauntee that ESL scores before the half. It’s just disappointing to have plays wiped out or calls missed or stops negated after playing your tail off. The end results are what they are. Doesn’t change the feeling or voicing opinion.
You can talk until you are blue in the face but that guy isnt going to listen. Similar to the poster I went back and forth with last night. He continued to spout off about how I was whining about the refs but failed to quote a single post where I was doing said whining. They are going to deflect and conflate and it will get nowhere, unless you want to continually be misquoted as saying the poor officiating cost ESL the game.

Lots of vitriol aimed at the officials here and on YouTube comments.

I can't speak for this crew, but I've officiated over 600 games in my career and worked with over 300 different officials. Not once, not a single time, has any official, not even jokingly, said anything about trying to help a team win or lose, nor has a single comment been made about favoring one team or another based on race, religion, where they are from, etc. This simply does not happen.

These crews work extremely hard to earn a spot in the finals. All they care about is doing a great job. If you think otherwise you are sadly mistaken. I can say with a high level of certainty this crew did not care one bit who won the game. We just don't think that way.

As fans, don't we all feel our teams get robbed by poor officiating? It doesn't matter if it's high school football, our favorite college team, or even professional basketball. Whenever our teams lose we complain about officiating. It's just the way it is. I do it too, and I'm an official. But to say refs are biased in some way is just wrong and very sad.

They won't attend. See MC switching to the new coach which has been successful for them.
CG kids don't have a choice, and they run what the coaches decides. Sure they could go to Marion, Viator or even Carmel. But we lose very few because we win, and we win despite having a very limited amount of blue chip athletes. But just because we don't have a bunch of D1 FB players, doesn't mean we don't have good/great athletes. We do, but you know what we really have, a TEAM of REALLY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, and that has been enough to win 3 state championship of the last 5 held. It is not just the offensive system, it is the players and the program that the coaches have developed that wins.

CG kids don't have a choice, and they run what the coaches decides. Sure they could go to Marion, Viator or even Carmel. But we lose very few because we win, and we win despite having a very limited amount of blue chip athletes. But just because we don't have a bunch of D1 FB players, doesn't mean we don't have good/great athletes. We do, but you know what we really have, a TEAM of REALLY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, and that has been enough to win 3 state championship of the last 5 held. It is not just the offensive system, it is the players and the program that the coaches have developed that wins.
I don’t disagree. One of your fans suggested having D1 athletes was better. Not sure why but that’s his opinion. The grass is never greener on the other side. I know I wouldn’t trade what we have.

Reactions: jha618
I wasn’t the one who made the comparison. But I will entertain your rebuttal. For those who may have experienced both scenarios, it’s an easy connection in terms of the feelings that they both create.

It’s interesting that folks have all the answers on how others should respond or react to injustices that they’ve never had to endure, but no answers or concern on how to prevent the injustices or anger towards those who perpetuate them.
You assume certain posters haven't felt any injustices…just saying.
My wife is Palestinian…trust me we have both felt and dealt with some stuff.

You assume certain posters haven't felt any injustices…just saying.
My wife is Palestinian…trust me we have both felt and dealt with some stuff.
So, explain to us the exact reason as to why she experienced those injustices and why you guys both have felt and dealt with some stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: Checkdowncharlie
I won’t get into my personal life but just don’t assume others haven’t experienced stuff….that was my point.
You don’t realize that by admission, you made THE point. Interesting how it doesn’t translate. You can observe, experience, and possibly even FEEL, but somehow it still doesn’t translate.

That’s deep.

Seems like there are some deeper issues rising to the surface that aren’t going to get solved on a high school football chat room. Not saying they aren’t valid issues but this isn’t the place.
Trust me when I say that I’m only asking you because I have grown to understand you as a reasonable person and I don’t think that you intend any harm. So I’m asking in complete sincerity and full transparency.

Where is the place and when is it ever appropriate to discuss? I’m not looking for you to be right in your response by my standards. I’m only asking for your opinion as an answer to my question.

Trust me when I say that I’m only asking you because I have grown to understand you as a reasonable person and I don’t think that you intend any harm. So I’m asking in complete sincerity and full transparency.

Where is the place and when is it ever appropriate to discuss? I’m not looking for you to be right in your response by my standards. I’m only asking for your opinion as an answer to my question.
I’m gonna guess Edgy set up this site to talk about football only as witnessed by what ends up getting flushed. Again, there are valid points and I’m not discounting them. I honestly can’t tell you where social issues can be resolved. Just not here. Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m gonna guess Edgy set up this site to talk about football only as witnessed by what ends up getting flushed. Again, there are valid points and I’m not discounting them. I honestly can’t tell you where social issues can be resolved. Just not here. Maybe I’m wrong.
I can appreciate that.

Reactions: greatgig13
I can appreciate that.
And the trajectory of that discussion was not heading in right direction. If Edgy was watching, I’m sure his finger was on the handle. That’s why I called truce. I wish the season wasn’t over so we can get back to healthy discussions about the kids and football. 2024 will be here before you know it and we can trash talk in fun.

And the trajectory of that discussion was not heading in right direction. If Edgy was watching, I’m sure his finger was on the handle. That’s why I called truce. I wish the season wasn’t over so we can get back to healthy discussions about the kids and football. 2024 will be here before you know it and we can trash talk in fun.
🍻

ON THE OTHER HAND…. Rarely do I see a post from someone calling out a a teammate for poor performance. poor tackling, poor blocking Dropped passes, stupid penalties. Overthrown balls, fumbles.
Rarely do I see a post from someone calling out a HC,OC, or DC for calling a shitty game.

Since this thread has gone WAY OFF the rails, I'll reply to part of your post. I hate the way these posts EDIT now, PRokie did not say that, I am saying it. :)

First of all let me say Grats to NAZ for winning and outplaying JCA in the 2nd half. AND, let me say the Refs were good, at the very least they were fair, there were a few WTF calls but they were just that and not against any one team. (Read that again, as to how it really applies to this thread) the 2 penalties against the JCA center for moving the ball too much definitely come to mind as WTF calls, BUT they definitely did NOT cost JCA the game, although I think one of those calls was in a critical situation.

But I am going to call out the JCA HC and OC for calling an extremely shitty 2nd half. How they could have kept going to Grigsby after he was injured and became totally ineffective when there are other good skill players and runners in the 2nd half is UNBELIEVABLE and inexcusable. There, you heard somebody callout their coaches.

First of all let me say Grats to NAZ for winning and outplaying JCA in the 2nd half. AND, let me say the Refs were good, at the very least they were fair, there were a few WTF calls but they were just that and not against any one team. (Read that again, as to how it really applies to this thread) the 2 penalties against the JCA center for moving the ball too much definitely come to mind as WTF calls, BUT they definitely did NOT cost JCA the game, although I think one of those calls was in a critical situation.

But I am going to call out the JCA HC and OC for calling an extremely shitty 2nd half. How they could have kept going to Grigsby after he was injured and became totally ineffective when there are other good skill players and runners in the 2nd half is UNBELIEVABLE and inexcusable. There, you heard somebody callout their coaches.
I still have zero clarity of the illegal participation by Naz on a JCA punt. It’s a harsh penalty for the infraction and is first down JCA. The official mumbled something incoherent on the TV Mic and Naz got the ball. TV caught Jaws asking it’s a first down, it’s a first down. Announcers mentioned all of this. But then it became Naz ball after it was all said and done. Anyone there or any refs watching from home that can translate what happened?

Update, one official emailed an apology which is very respectful. The goal was never to reverse anything but, create awareness to do better next time. The official spoke of mechanics and how he can improve moving forward. Acknowledgement with understand cause and effect was the goal from the beginning.

The other stuff was created narratives based on bias perception. I respect all officials and I respect this guy even more. Even with respect there are other humans affected by you work.

Once again congrats to Cary G as it was NEVER about the team and the championship! Those boys played a heck of a game which, I respect.

I still have zero clarity of the illegal participation by Naz on a JCA punt. It’s a harsh penalty for the infraction and is first down JCA. The official mumbled something incoherent on the TV Mic and Naz got the ball. TV caught Jaws asking it’s a first down, it’s a first down. Announcers mentioned all of this. But then it became Naz ball after it was all said and done. Anyone there or any refs watching from home that can translate what happened?
I wasn’t there but I’ve watched the game 4 times now. The announcers say “I wonder if one of the naz players ran on the field thinking the ball was dead and it was time to go on offense” then the ref which I’m pretty sure was Biden or a distant relative with the way he was acting out there says “dead ball personal foul Nazareth” so the personal foul that was flagged was a dead ball penalty and therefore still Naz ball.

The snap infractions really did happen the first one was spotted by the announcers before the ref even turned his mic on the second was just a bad snap that took everyone by surprise I think because it comes through his legs with some force and there was no wind to have blown that puppy that far back.

Reactions: RockSoup
See I think the enforcement was wrong. Illegal substitution vs illegal participation. One is 15 the other is 5.

Did the Naz player participate in the play? Then it should be a live ball foul and 15 yards from the previous spot. If he came on late as a 12th player but didn’t participate then it’s 5 but should also have been enforced From previous spot.

Not sure of the foul buy sounds like they messed it up. Its not a personal foul UNR or UNS based on what you described.

See I think the enforcement was wrong. Illegal substitution vs illegal participation. One is 15 the other is 5.

Did the Naz player participate in the play? Then it should be a live ball foul and 15 yards from the previous spot. If he came on late as a 12th player but didn’t participate then it’s 5 but should also have been enforced From previous spot.

Not sure of the foul buy sounds like they messed it up. Its not a personal foul UNR or UNS based on what you described.
Your assessment is correct.

I wasn't in the building was just saying what was shown and heard on TV. The announcer was hypothesizing. before the ref turned on his mic. The call that was made was a dead ball personal foul and there was no number or explanation to it as well as no replay so we have to assume there was a dead ball personal foul that happened late which the announcers said "a late flag comes out...way late"

I am, however, glad that it was stated that Naz would have won regardless of that call. JCA couldn't get the linemen loose to the next level like they were in the first half. Naz made adjustments to their front JCA couldn't counter them and also couldn't defend a pass even if Logan walked up and told them where he was going to throw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT