ADVERTISEMENT

This is why! A different perspective

If you look at esl youtube videos, they’re always getting into with the opponents, esl is doing that to themselves, that’s on the coaches for allowing that, that just goes why they get flagged a lot because the refs notice that. Cmon dude be for real.
I am being for real and you keep proving my point. You have no idea how and why but just assume they are allowed to act like whatever. You clearly stated the coach said something to the player. Which one is it? "The narrative is better"

Reactions: jha618
I'm pretty confused here because I am hearing how last week was so much worse and I remember a poster saying "this is one of those games ESL will have to play against a few other people" In that game though ESL left little doubt and didn't let "the other people" become a factor. This weekend was admittedly by their own accounts better than last week's officiating and yet ESL was impacted more.

To me this only means one thing, CG was the better team that day. Both teams received penalties we covered that and neither team was overly penalized.

I go back to the fact that CG had a clear cut game plan to keep ESL off the field. A missed call here and a penalty here certainly helped CG accomplish that game plan but for the most part it was CG's ability to stick to its game plan that won the day. Did ESL not have the ball with a chance to win let alone tie it? Did ESL throw that chance away with a pick?

It's 2023 not 1963 there is no conspiracy to white wash a state championship. All there is is a group of men who earned the right to officiate a game between two teams of young men that earned the right to play in it. All of them did the best they could in those 48 minutes and we were treated to another great game of football which is now being tarnished and trampled on by another group of grown men who can't accept the fact that one team had to lose and this year it was their team. Its human nature to look to place blame on others when things go wrong but real winners reject that nature and point the finger inwards and reflect on the things that they could have done better and go to work to make sure they fix those things.

I'm pretty confused here because I am hearing how last week was so much worse and I remember a poster saying "this is one of those games ESL will have to play against a few other people" In that game though ESL left little doubt and didn't let "the other people" become a factor. This weekend was admittedly by their own accounts better than last week's officiating and yet ESL was impacted more.

To me this only means one thing, CG was the better team that day. Both teams received penalties we covered that and neither team was overly penalized.

I go back to the fact that CG had a clear cut game plan to keep ESL off the field. A missed call here and a penalty here certainly helped CG accomplish that game plan but for the most part it was CG's ability to stick to its game plan that won the day. Did ESL not have the ball with a chance to win let alone tie it? Did ESL throw that chance away with a pick?

It's 2023 not 1963 there is no conspiracy to white wash a state championship. All there is is a group of men who earned the right to officiate a game between two teams of young men that earned the right to play in it. All of them did the best they could in those 48 minutes and we were treated to another great game of football which is now being tarnished and trampled on by another group of grown men who can't accept the fact that one team had to lose and this year it was their team. Its human nature to look to place blame on others when things go wrong but real winners reject that nature and point the finger inwards and reflect on the things that they could have done better and go to work to make sure they fix those things.
It's easy for you to believe that huh

The officiating didn't cost ESL the game. That is not he narrative nor the reason for the post.

Prairie Ridge certainly could have used some official help last year. You sound like the Antioch guy.

Cary Grove is now 3-0 lifetime vs ESL. One of those wins coming down in ESL.

Prairie Ridge certainly could have used some official help last year. You sound like the Antioch guy.

Cary Grove is now 3-0 lifetime vs ESL. One of those wins coming down in ESL.
I was talking to my father and a few other lifelong ESL fans and I told them CG came to ESL and beat them several years ago. Neither of them remembered that game. As a kid a just remember CG had a running back who ESL had no answers for.

I wish you could walk a season in our shoes. It's the same old issue of if it doesn't happen to you it's not happening. We not making this all up. But hey continue to turn a bind eye to a well stated issue

I am being for real and you keep proving my point. You have no idea how and why but just assume they are allowed to act like whatever. You clearly stated the coach said something to the player. Which one is it? "The narrative is better"
What you just said has no logic, so you’re telling me the coaches tell them that’s not okay to do but they do it week in and out?

The officiating didn't cost ESL the game. That is not he narrative nor the reason for the post.
As this thread and the one that was flushed has gone on the opinion of why or how ESL lost the game has certainly changed I will give you kudos for that. It takes a big man to admit the other team was better that day and that and a key injury is what happened. But lets not be naïve here, both threads were started for one purpose and one purpose only and that was to push a false narrative with disturbing allegations that only came/comes to light when ESL has less points on the board than the other team at the final whistle. As I pointed out it was the same thing last week and posters even said last week was so much worse, but that talk stopped once ESL had the game in hand. Not a single peep in fact one poster said the correct thing and stated that ESL will have to play better in Normal.

So CG executed a great game plan against a team like ESL. ESL's thorn has been the option offense it is tough to defend and keeps their offense off the field. ESL's QB gets hurt. Calls were missed/made. ESL has the ball with time to either tie or win and ESL throws a pick to end the game. Those are the facts and quite frankly teh only facts. Everything else is an opinion and some of these opinions are disgusting and gross and embarrassing behavior displayed by grown adults. You have 10 titles and 5 runner ups. You've been to the dance 15 times so act like it!

If the worst mistake by another person this young man experiences is this, then he’ll have had a pretty great life. Part of the benefit of athletics is how to deal with adversity, especially when it’s out of your own control. So while it sucks, the reality is it was a mistake that may or may not have cost him a game. Not to diminish the hard work he put in or how much that meant to him, but in perspective there are kids out there losing loved ones everyday due to the mistakes of others. I feel for him, and as a ref I wish they would have nailed it, but there are many lessons he will be taught from this, at an overall not life changing expense. Maybe he’ll be inspired to become a really great official, we could use him
Thanks for the insight. Although, I’ve never heard such a position incorporated into any type of K12 curriculum or lesson plan. “Because you didn’t loose a loved one, don’t worry about what harmful decisions adults make during a school sanctioned event, we’re giving out life lessons.”

That’s pretty harsh, particularly from individuals who often times claim to be so virtuous. I’m not at all shocked by your position. You’ve just helped it become more evident.

As this thread and the one that was flushed has gone on the opinion of why or how ESL lost the game has certainly changed I will give you kudos for that. It takes a big man to admit the other team was better that day and that and a key injury is what happened. But lets not be naïve here, both threads were started for one purpose and one purpose only and that was to push a false narrative with disturbing allegations that only came/comes to light when ESL has less points on the board than the other team at the final whistle. As I pointed out it was the same thing last week and posters even said last week was so much worse, but that talk stopped once ESL had the game in hand. Not a single peep in fact one poster said the correct thing and stated that ESL will have to play better in Normal.

So CG executed a great game plan against a team like ESL. ESL's thorn has been the option offense it is tough to defend and keeps their offense off the field. ESL's QB gets hurt. Calls were missed/made. ESL has the ball with time to either tie or win and ESL throws a pick to end the game. Those are the facts and quite frankly teh only facts. Everything else is an opinion and some of these opinions are disgusting and gross and embarrassing behavior displayed by grown adults. You have 10 titles and 5 runner ups. You've been to the dance 15 times so act like it!
That's your opinion and I am good with it. I started the thread and I asked how do you tell a kid that executed the play that he didn't execute the play? How do you respond to kids that ask why over and over as it continually happen to them? No different then the other parts of life that also suggest get over it. There is zero chance that certain kids get pulled over and put in hand cuff for no reason. For others that is a way of life. To suggest that the certain group should just get over is pretty much what people are speaking about.

As far as the game, ESL had two stops in the third quarter to which one resulting in a touchdown toward the beginning for the 4th and the other resulted in a punt. ESL had their opportunity to win and no one is questioning that. I suggest you get past trying to tell people how to be and respect everyone's opinion just like you want us to respect yours.

Unfortunately you are jumping on here telling people to shut up and deal with it. That's kind of like the 20's and 30's. I won't stoop to your level nor will I let you change the narrative of a thread I created.

What you just said has no logic, so you’re telling me the coaches tell them that’s not okay to do but they do it week in and out?
You telling me what they do week in and week out from a you tube video. That's funny. Maybe I can suggest that I know you based on what I read on this message board. Stereo type and biases doesn't exist according to you right?

How is 2-2 a thorn. One option team is 2-0 and the other is 0-2. Those are facts.

Ha!! Gross?? Embarrassing?? For who? Are you now claiming to be virtuous and and the same time saying, “suck it up” to a kid?

I wish you could walk a season in our shoes. It's the same old issue of if it doesn't happen to you it's not happening. We not making this all up. But hey continue to turn a bind eye to a well stated issue

I wish I could walk a season in the shoes of a team with multiple D1 players year in and year out.

Reactions: tuccs
You telling me what they do week in and week out from a you tube video. That's funny. Maybe I can suggest that I know you based on what I read on this message board. Stereo type and biases doesn't exist according to you right?
Not just one YouTube video, several videos my guy it’s all on YouTube. You can’t deny facts that are on social media. But keep pretending like it’s not true, that’ll help you sleep at night.

That's your opinion and I am good with it. I started the thread and I asked how do you tell a kid that executed the play that he didn't execute the play? How do you respond to kids that ask why over and over as it continually happen to them? No different then the other parts of life that also suggest get over it. There is zero chance that certain kids get pulled over and put in hand cuff for no reason. For others that is a way of life. To suggest that the certain group should just get over is pretty much what people are speaking about.

As far as the game, ESL had two stops in the third quarter to which one resulting in a touchdown toward the beginning for the 4th and the other resulted in a punt. ESL had their opportunity to win and no one is questioning that. I suggest you get past trying to tell people how to be and respect everyone's opinion just like you want us to respect yours.

Unfortunately you are jumping on here telling people to shut up and deal with it. That's kind of like the 20's and 30's. I won't stoop to your level nor will I let you change the narrative of a thread I created.
I would respond that over and over again everybody on planet earth believes they get jobbed by officials and that’s part of life. You don’t think so, go to a little league baseball game in Cary and listen to the parents screaming at the officials. Go to the CG-PR games and listen to fans scream at the officials. I would tell the kid it happens everywhere and you’ve been to the finals the last three years so it must not happen over and over like you are leading yourself to believe.

the phantom penalty against Cary on the kickoff return?
I am not sure it was phantom call. On the reply as the CG returner catches the ball you can see one of the CG blockers was knocked over while trying to block an ESL player. The CG player ends up falling and bringing the ESL defender down with him. I’m not sure if that constitutes a hold or not but I can see it being called that way.

Thanks for the insight. Although, I’ve never heard such a position incorporated into any type of K12 curriculum or lesson plan. “Because you didn’t loose a loved one, don’t worry about what harmful decisions adults make during a school sanctioned event, we’re giving out life lessons.”

That’s pretty harsh, particularly from individuals who often times claim to be so virtuous. I’m not at all shocked by your position. You’ve just helped it become more evident.
He lost a football game, and not because of one call or 3 calls. How is his life being negatively shaped by this event?

Not just one YouTube video, several videos my guy it’s all on YouTube. You can’t deny facts that are on social media. But keep pretending like it’s not true, that’ll help you sleep at night.
So how many unsportsmanlike penalties did ESL have my guy in the championship game?

I can empathize. Lost a chance at a ring in the semifinals in 1983. Lost 8-0. 14 penalties for 150 yards with the majority being called in the second half against us.

2 roughing the punter penalties when the snap couldn’t even get back to the punter in the mud and rain who had to then become a runner to even field it with a defense treating it more as a live ball since that’s what it was. It sure wasn’t a long snap. 2 first downs for the opponent instead of first downs for us inside their 30.

5 unsportsmanlike penalties. It’s tough knowing you’re not leaving a place with a win no matter what you do just because of who you are and where you are at.

Eventually you get over it. But I can empathize.

Ha!! Gross?? Embarrassing?? For who? Are you now claiming to be virtuous and and the same time saying, “suck it up” to a kid?
Are you a child? If so then I apologize I shouldn’t have posted anything in your direction like that as in being a child you do not have the mental development or understanding to process big emotions and therefore I understand your need to draw comparisons to being put in handcuffs to getting a bad call in a football game.

However, I think you’re an adult and as an adult you should have the mental development and understanding that getting put in handcuffs is not the same as a referee who we all agreed was out of position making a bad call.

Cop being a dick and handcuffing someone on a routine traffic stop is awful and a gross injustice I think everyone would agree.

A referee being out of position to make the correct call is something that comes along with high school football and to that point I think everyone can agree.

Comparing the two and accusing a group of refs of having any sort of motive in a game that you yourself said you had a chance to win is the gross and disturbing part. What you are accusing refs of doing every week is comparable to the dickhead cop. Just because they look a certain way they should be handcuffed? No absolutely not. Just because they look a certain way the refs are clearly jobbing the poor kids from ESL? No absolutely not.

Like I said anyone who isn’t emotionally charged including you after a few months or maybe after you win your 11th title will see that there was no 1960s civil rights issues in Saturday’s contest. Just a group of people that all worked hard to be there and a few posters are continuing to trample on that.

I think we should all just admit that, were it not for the nefarious referees, ESL would have beat Cary 70-0 and be done with it. Cary should ignore the calls that went against them (we all know those calls were correct) and FedEx the trophy to East St. Louis. Let them have both. They can’t lose on their own, they are that good. Heck, send them the 2021 trophy as well. They deserve that one too.

I wish I could walk a season in the shoes of a team with multiple D1 players year in and year out.
Inequality against children bro. This not a joking topic. If 80% of the games you play are stacked against you as a child that would negative effect your views. And then people like you normalize that abusive behavior.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I can empathize. Lost a chance at a ring in the semifinals in 1983. Lost 8-0. 14 penalties for 150 yards with the majority being called in the second half against us.

2 roughing the punter penalties when the snap couldn’t even get back to the punter in the mud and rain who had to then become a runner to even field it with a defense treating it more as a live ball since that’s what it was. It sure wasn’t a long snap. 2 first downs for the opponent instead of first downs for us inside their 30.

5 unsportsmanlike penalties. It’s tough knowing you’re not leaving a place with a win no matter what you do just because of who you are and where you are at.

Eventually you get over it. But I can empathize.
Too bad PR didn’t get those officials last year.

Inequality against children bro. This not a joking topic. If 80% of the games you play are stacked against you as a child that would negative effect your views. And then people like you normalize that abusive behavior.
Honest question….you truly believe 80% of the time the refs are trying to screw ESL?

I think we should all just admit that, were it not for the nefarious referees, ESL would have beat Cary 70-0 and be done with it. Cary should ignore the calls that went against them (we all know those calls were correct) and FedEx the trophy to East St. Louis. Let them have both. They can’t lose on their own, they are that good. Heck, send them the 2021 trophy as well. They deserve that one too.
The only person being ignorant here but sure. The only issue is ESL will return to sender as no one on this end want's a handout. Once again keep pushing your narrative. The kid posted in his tweet what coach Sunk preaches to his kids.

The only person being ignorant here but sure. The only issue ESL will return to sender as no one on this end want's a handout. Once again keep pushing your narrative.
It sure sounds like you do want a handout. The narrative you are pushing is “we win or our kids were unjustly robbed of it”.

Are you a child? If so then I apologize I shouldn’t have posted anything in your direction like that as in being a child you do not have the mental development or understanding to process big emotions and therefore I understand your need to draw comparisons to being put in handcuffs to getting a bad call in a football game.

However, I think you’re an adult and as an adult you should have the mental development and understanding that getting put in handcuffs is not the same as a referee who we all agreed was out of position making a bad call.

Cop being a dick and handcuffing someone on a routine traffic stop is awful and a gross injustice I think everyone would agree.

A referee being out of position to make the correct call is something that comes along with high school football and to that point I think everyone can agree.

Comparing the two and accusing a group of refs of having any sort of motive in a game that you yourself said you had a chance to win is the gross and disturbing part. What you are accusing refs of doing every week is comparable to the dickhead cop. Just because they look a certain way they should be handcuffed? No absolutely not. Just because they look a certain way the refs are clearly jobbing the poor kids from ESL? No absolutely not.

Like I said anyone who isn’t emotionally charged including you after a few months or maybe after you win your 11th title will see that there was no 1960s civil rights issues in Saturday’s contest. Just a group of people that all worked hard to be there and a few posters are continuing to trample on that.
There are civil rights issues everyday for black people. Not saying that this game was that deep but we have explain what we saw and yall still not listening

• Love
Reactions: juschill

You just went to the state championship 3 years in a row. How is it 80% stacked against you? Probably should be winning 5A-8A all in the same day, I suppose, were the refs not stacked against you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT