ADVERTISEMENT

Joliet Area Baseball

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
Five Joliet area schools ranked in the top 11 in the latest PBR rankings. Naz remains undefeated and #1 in the state.

#2 JCA
#4 LWW
#5 Providence
#10 Minooka
#11 Joliet West

Reactions: sporthog9er
Good post USD. The overall baseball talent in the Joliet area, partnered with catholic league and some top DVC/SPC teams make the baseball around here really a treat. Just a ton of good players and pitchers. Provi and LWW are less than a mile from each other, and they have had a ton of success past few years. Speaks alot about those coaching staffs getting the players they can and developing. JCA and Naz are cream of the crop it seems. My favorite game of the year typically is the Ozinga super sectional game paring that lockport/provi sectional with usually either Rice/Carmel/(this year Naz?)/Rita/Lyons teams. To me, that can sometimes be almost a true state championship type game.

Not a lot of changes in the latest state baseball rankings. Naz remains undefeated and ranked #1. LWW is also undefeated and moves up to #3. Joliet area teams continue to be well represented. Should be an interesting post season in 3A and 4A
Udated state rankings of Joliet area schools
#2 JCA 19-2
#3 LWW 20-0
#8 Joliet West 22-4
#9 Provi 17-5
#11 Minooka 16-6

Big win for the Mustangs against a very good PC team yesterday. Rita is 20 - 8 and tied for first place in the CCL Blue, I believe. Didn't think they'd be this good this year.

With the way they're playing, it should come down to them and Larry for Sectional final.

Winner would avoid JCA in the Super-sectionals until Final Four or State Championship game.

Reactions: USD24
Updated rankings for this week
Naz remains undefeated at 28-0 and continues to sit atop the rankings.
Top 10
1. Naz
2. JCA
3. LWW
4. New Trier
5. Huntley
6. STL
7. Joliet West
8. Edwardsville
9. Lake Park
10. Provi

Other Joliet area teams ranked
16. Minooka
18. Morris

IHSA sectional seedings come out this afternoon.

Reactions: rocketnation
Big win for the Mustangs against a very good PC team yesterday. Rita is 20 - 8 and tied for first place in the CCL Blue, I believe. Didn't think they'd be this good this year.

With the way they're playing, it should come down to them and Larry for Sectional final.

Winner would avoid JCA in the Super-sectionals until Final Four or State Championship game.
Rita up to #17 in the rankings.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Provi vs Naz super sectional game could end up being most attended IHSA game in many years. Not saying that's a given, could see plenty of different ways those sectionals go. Lot of quality teams that can make runs. God I love baseball in this area.

Provi vs Naz super sectional game could end up being most attended IHSA game in many years. Not saying that's a given, could see plenty of different ways those sectionals go. Lot of quality teams that can make runs. God I love baseball in this area.
Agree that sectionals could go a few different ways. I would say Naz is a prohibitive fav in their sectional. Rice or LT can definitely hang with them. In the other sectional, for personal reasons, I would love to see Joliet West advance to the supersectional. I have watched a lot of the West kids play as they have grown up. Good group of kids. Seedings come out this afternoon.

Top 4 seeds at the Providence sectional: Lincoln-Way West, Providence, JOLIET WEST TIGERS, Lincoln-Way Central
That sectional is loaded! Marist is the 9 seed. They finished 9-3 in ESCC and has wins over JCA and STL. That's a pretty strong #9!

Last edited:
Reactions: JolietWest89
There needs to be a change with the rules of hosting regionals and seeding. Just change it to the top 4 seeds host. You don't need 2 months in advance to prepare to host 2 baseball games. Instead you have nonsense like #2 Lyons having to be with #5 Rice, just because Rice is the next lowest host. It's stupid and creates bad matchups that shouldn't be taking place in regional play. This should be taken up by baseball advisory committee.

There needs to be a change with the rules of hosting regionals and seeding. Just change it to the top 4 seeds host. You don't need 2 months in advance to prepare to host 2 baseball games. Instead you have nonsense like #2 Lyons having to be with #5 Rice, just because Rice is the next lowest host. It's stupid and creates bad matchups that shouldn't be taking place in regional play. This should be taken up by baseball advisory committee.
In addition, I know geography comes into play, but regionals and sectionals are so unbalanced. In 3A, there is a sectional where St Pats is the 2 seed. They finished in last place in the ESCC with a 1-10 record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT