ADVERTISEMENT

Plainfield North @ Fenwick

Cute spin, LZ with Goldie Hawn coaching would beat Auburn handily.

latest

Reactions: Cross Bones
I've got news for you... You're not that informed.
Well I'm not the one that has kids on the team. You're allowing your heart get in the way on this one. Fenwick has lucked out with a favorable draw and still struggled with Jacobs. Plainfield N will win this big.

Well I'm not the one that has kids on the team. You're allowing your heart get in the way on this one. Fenwick has lucked out with a favorable draw and still struggled with Jacobs. Plainfield N will win this big.
We'll talk tomorrow

Anyone care to explain the intentional grounding at the end?

What happened since its a fourth down play, and intentional grounding is called North got the ball since it was a loss of down penalty. Not sure what Fenwick was thinking - if nothing else run into the end zone and take a safety

Just curious, during NFl sundays, Fox's official Mike pereira was explaining why spiking the ball is not considered intentional grounding since there was no intent of avoiding a loss of yards. Could same reasoning be applied for just throwing the ball out of bounds right away?

Where are our ref friends???? Is that legitimate? PN should be awarded on untimed down?

Just curious, during NFl sundays, Fox's official Mike pereira was explaining why spiking the ball is not considered intentional grounding since there was no intent of avoiding a loss of yards. Could same reasoning be applied for just throwing the ball out of bounds right away?

He didn't spike it he threw it away and no one was near the ball.

Reactions: zbotl21
What happened since its a fourth down play, and intentional grounding is called North got the ball since it was a loss of down penalty. Not sure what Fenwick was thinking - if nothing else run into the end zone and take a safety

Was there time left on the clock?

crazy game at the end. This game reminded me of another game that happened, and it was earlier this year in the NCAA. Central Michigan vs Oklahoma St.
Okie state was called for intentional grounding on the last play of the game trying to run out the clock. CMU had the ball for one last play and threw the hail mary for the win.

apparently though, the game should have ended on the penalty.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...legal-reaction-should-not-have-counted-091016

Central Michigan beat Oklahoma State earlier this year under the same circumstances. After the fact, the NCAA said no untimed down should have been allowed. I do NOT know the high school rule, but if it is the same as the NCAA the refs have some explaining to do. If not, the Fenwick coaching staff may have explaining to do about how they handled that last possession.

I'm guessing Fenwick did not punt due to Huntley game a few years ago.

Central Michigan beat Oklahoma State earlier this year under the same circumstances. After the fact, the NCAA said no untimed down should have been allowed. I do NOT know the high school rule, but if it is the same as the NCAA the refs have some explaining to do. If not, the Fenwick coaching staff may have explaining to do about how they handled that last possession.
Exactly that play was designed on purpose, someone doesn't know the rules here...

OMG Help me. Any association worth anything went through this. Ours explained high school is the same rule as college. Since we're not judged on every play, run off the field. I want to puke right now.

OMG Help me. Any association worth anything went through this. Ours explained high school is the same rule as college. Since we're not judged on every play, run off the field. I want to puke right now.
So you're saying Game should have ended?

Fenwick would have never punted, obviously. They should have taken a delay of game penalty, which would have left a couple of seconds on the clock. Then they take an easy intentional safety as the clock runs out. All that said, if the refs screwed this up they should be fired.

I don't have a dog in the fight but from everything I've read the officials got his correct. I'm curious why the fenwick QB didn't just run out of the end zone he was at his own 15

Rule 3 Section 3 Article 4:

A period shall not be extended by an untimed down if one of the following occurred during a down in which time expires:

b. There was a foul by either team and the penalty is accepted for:
3. fouls that include loss of down (such as intentional grounding)

I don't have a dog in the fight but from everything I've read the officials got his correct. I'm curious why the fenwick QB didn't just run out of the end zone he was at his own 15

Pretty much all he had to do to kill the game clock lol.

A period shall not be extended by an untimed down if one of the following occurred during a down in which time expires:

Now I have to explain to my son why his HS career is over and why he's cheated out of something he worked tirelessly for 4 years.

So this is from the NFHs rule book?

Well then they go it wrong. Since you're an official I'm surprised you chose a combative tone with me. Thought you guys were supposed to maintain.

Besides the officials Nudo and North didn't know the rule either

Well then they go it wrong. Since you're an official I'm surprised you chose a combative tone with me. Thought you guys were supposed to maintain.

Besides the officials Nudo and North didn't know the rule either

I'm sorry for being angry. I would understand if Central Michigan/Oklahoma St. had not happened and 5 people to have no clue at that point. That is a fairly obscure rule and stuff happens. But that play did happen, and football associations around Chicagoland mentioned this play. We even checked it to make sure our code is the same as the college code. I cited the rule where it is the same. For us as officials to get this wrong again after THE PLAY JUST OCCURRED 2 MONTHS AGO is quite honestly not good enough. I know we have a difficult job and don't get everything right. But something like this will irk me a while.

Reactions: TPF523
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT