ADVERTISEMENT

Montini Fans

Lineman I will go with Jaleel Johnson, Fugger, Mike Johnson, Briggs, Frey. Spivak, Goebel, Marty Hyland, Thompson, Bey, Ruano, Branch, Slater, Lowery, Piper and my mind is going blank????

Need help

Last edited:
Spivak is your #1 guy. Anywhere. OL/DL. I have generation bias a little, but the kid was taking varsity reps as a frosh, and was the first sophomore captain in Montini history. If I'm starting a team, that's my guy, maybe Embrey... 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. ANYWAY -

DLine I'd go Fluger/Spivak/ Goebel/M. Hyland

Honorable mention Thompson, Ferraro, Ruano, Andino, Johnson.

Yes Jaleel is in the NFL currently but only 1 year transfer. And say what you want about Andino, (and people will) the kid was a football player.

I dont know enough about past OL guys to make a determination. Branch? Massive but underwhelming, same with Ross & Frey. Montini has gotten away with some real scrappy lunchpale OL guys. Mario Galli, Bobby Gannon, Sam Detmers!

Detmers a 195 lb junior center playing against UA All American Beckner from East St Louis gave it every ounce of energy he had. Might put him as my center for that game alone haha

I think you have to have Lowery on the o-line and really like those defensive ends with Fugger and Hyland and great call with Andino for backup defensive end

I think we are missing a lot of guys from 1966 to 1980 and 1987 to 2000. I really did not follow the Broncos during those years. Any help with anyone out there would be appreciated.

Spivak is your #1 guy. Anywhere. OL/DL. I have generation bias a little, but the kid was taking varsity reps as a frosh, and was the first sophomore captain in Montini history. If I'm starting a team, that's my guy, maybe Embrey... 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. ANYWAY -

DLine I'd go Fluger/Spivak/ Goebel/M. Hyland

Honorable mention Thompson, Ferraro, Ruano, Andino, Johnson.

Yes Jaleel is in the NFL currently but only 1 year transfer. And say what you want about Andino, (and people will) the kid was a football player.

I dont know enough about past OL guys to make a determination. Branch? Massive but underwhelming, same with Ross & Frey. Montini has gotten away with some real scrappy lunchpale OL guys. Mario Galli, Bobby Gannon, Sam Detmers!

Detmers a 195 lb junior center playing against UA All American Beckner from East St Louis gave it every ounce of energy he had. Might put him as my center for that game alone haha
Wasn't Andino a 1 year Tranfer as well. I think Jim Labonte on O Line - 2003. Went to Illinois.

Andino was on the team for 2 seasons. Played sparingly as a junior while dealing with discipline issues. Practiced with the team and played in the playoffs similar to Warden. Only difference, Warden was a senior/ Andino a junior.

I agree, I have a major generational bias, but I think that's common at Montini as they really caught fire from 2004 - Present day.

Campanella and Rhode both 1 year transfers as well.

I guess I am fine with that. I think parents/students should have the power to go wherever they want. The power to the people. I was also a big Driscoll fan and know they had to go somewhere once their school closed.

Fugger came from Florida. His father passed so the mother moved here and lived with the grandparents. Kapp had issue with previous school and therefore came to Montini.

There are students who leave Montini also for different reasons (moving, job loss, grades, school issues etc) and those are never discussed in the forums.

Fugger came from Florida. His father passed so the mother moved here and lived with the grandparents. Kapp had issue with previous school and therefore came to Montini.

There are students who leave Montini also for different reasons (moving, job loss, grades, school issues etc) and those are never discussed in the forums.

Multiple kids lost off the 2015 team. Most memorably the Dominiak brothers. Dan the older brother started as a sophomore on 2014 runner up team. Josh became a 3 year starting linebacker at Waubonsie Valley. Not privvy to why they left, but 2 brothers, both 3 year starters leave your program that's a pretty big hit.

I think the Dominiak brothers should have stayed at Montini. Of course don't know why they left. The father played at Carmel. I dont.know if they are playing or will be playing college ball but I think the Montini program would have gotten both of them into big time college programs. Both had great talent especially the younger brother.

I just felt when they left they were making a big mistake.

As you know I believe the parents/students need to make decisions best for themselves so I am good with it whether they are coming or going. Power to the people.

Last edited:
How do the Broncos get back on track? I posed this question a couple weeks ago to a friend....

Benet - Semi finals (soph class very strong. Soph starter at QB)
Naz - Runner Up (loaded team coming back)
IC - State Champion (no sign of slowing down)
.... All three of these schools are pulling kids from the same area. 10 years ago none of these schools were relevant and Montini was the top dog.

Not to mention Willowbrook keeping kids after a deep playoff run, Glenbard West no chance of slowing down for some publics.

How do they right the ship in Lombard?

Last edited:
Does Montini get a lot of Downers Grove kids? Downers south has fallen off the map recently. What about Bloomingdale? I know a lot of those Bloomingdale Bears kids would go to Driscoll back in the day.

Does Montini get a lot of Downers Grove kids? Downers south has fallen off the map recently. What about Bloomingdale? I know a lot of those Bloomingdale Bears kids would go to Driscoll back in the day.

Yes to DG, minimal impact from Bloomingdale. Many of those Bloomingdale kids go to StF if they go private.

Montini has to sell that the Chicago Catholic Blue conference has now opened its doors to the Western Suburbs!!

Kids just
Montini has to sell that the Chicago Catholic Blue conference has now opened its doors to the Western Suburbs!!

Do you really think that is a selling point to potential players? I dont think selling the fact that the color of your conference changed really is going to have much impact on an 8th grader from Downers Grove. With the exception of the real die hards, not many people really know/care about the CCL Blue or even know what it represents.

Usd24,

I think it's a major advantage if you market this right.

And Bu is the perfect guy for the job.

Wassup

Yes to DG, minimal impact from Bloomingdale. Many of those Bloomingdale kids go to StF if they go private.

I know Montini, IC and NAz are all now going after the same kids in Westchester, Hillside, Bellwood and Maywood now. I know IC has gotten a lot more of those kids than they have in the past. Has Montini felt the rise of IC in terms of getting those kids? I know IC had an All-area LB transfer in from Montini's backyard.

Thats my point. These teams are all trending upwards but according to sources in Lombard, the Broncos are pretty high on their frosh class. This could be just a bump in the road for the Broncos. Similar to when Montini wrestling was real young a few years back, lost a duel to Marmion ... now they're nationally ranked. Stay the course, burn the boats.

All of these programs have connections to youth programs. This year IC has 7 freshman that played for Leyden Bears.

IC - Leyden Bears
Naz - Naperville Pats, plainfield prowlers, Leyden bears
Montini - Hillside hurricanes

All of the whispers about IC, which I'm not saying are true, but I've heard some good stories about what's going on over there ... only a matter of time before it catches up to them? Where there's smoke, there's fire, right?

All of the whispers about IC, which I'm not saying are true, but I've heard some good stories about what's going on over there ... only a matter of time before it catches up to them? Where there's smoke, there's fire, right?
like?

Recruiting opposing players on the field after games or coaches that may or may not have played in the NFL picking kids up & having them over to show off NFL gear and rings. Again, this is all alleged, I have no proof, just what I've heard.

Could be made up, could not be.... But that's why I'm asking... smoke and fire?

Recruiting opposing players on the field after games or coaches that may or may not have played in the NFL picking kids up & having them over to show off NFL gear and rings. Again, this is all alleged, I have no proof, just what I've heard.

Could be made up, could not be.... But that's why I'm asking... smoke and fire?
You could say this about every school. Word was borsellino was covering tuition for half the Montini team. At Naz racki was handing out Naz sweatshirts at Bellwood Spartans games(this did happen).

You could say this about every school. Word was borsellino was covering tuition for half the Montini team. At Naz racki was handing out Naz sweatshirts at Bellwood Spartans games(this did happen).

Half the team? Let's not get carried away here.

Reactions: eagles2k3
Going back over 10 years? Nice work! I personally was given more gear to my public school than any other by far. I owned gear to at least 12 different schools when I was an 8th grader, lol I purchased zero. I don’t know if that’s illegal but I assume it is since you stated it here, if so literally EVERYONE breaks that rule.

Lol "half the team?" That's like $200,000! And is there a rule against sweatshirt distribution?
Complete exaggeration(although I'm sure there were a few that were on the Coach Borsellino payroll) but cmon this is the pot calling the kettle black. Remember all the controversy when Montini got Sykes and Cobbs in the same summer? Everyone called out Montini and the fans had to go on the defensive. No need to start rumors on here.

Complete exaggeration(although I'm sure there were a few that were on the Coach Borsellino payroll) but cmon this is the pot calling the kettle black. Remember all the controversy when Montini got Sykes and Cobbs in the same summer? Everyone called out Montini and the fans had to go on the defensive. No need to start rumors on here.

The thread is called 'Montini Fans', soooooo take that business outta here. #TeamFirst

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT