ADVERTISEMENT

MI just screwed McCarthy

Here is what Michigan does well that will be problematic for Bama.

First, they run the ball as well as any team in the country. They are big and physical up front and that doesn’t necessarily play well for a smaller than usual Bama front seven.

Second, their D line is long and athletic. They don’t blitz a ton because they have shown to get there with the four guys up front. Bama tackles are not where they typically are which would make for an interesting matchup vs Hutchinson.

Next is the secondary. Michigan’s back 4 is far superior to that of Georgia. So they can scheme for Williams and Mietchie.

Regardless of what happened yesterday, this isn’t a great Bama team and it hasn’t exactly been a banner year for the SeC.

Michigan is legit and has all the tools to win the whole thing.
Newt
I am conflicted with this match up because I am a Bama fan but I have rooted for Michigan this year because of AJ and JJ. I also like a few other players on the team. It feels like Michigan overachieves and that makes it fun. All that said in no way do I believe Michigan beats Bama. I like you actually didn’t think Bama would beat Georgia this year with that great defense, Saban gets his team prepared better than anyone. Harbaugh will be out coached and Bryce Young will drive Michigan nuts with his passing and running. They play at a different level in the SEC and Michigan will have a difficult time stopping them. IMO

Corey be careful. He'll start bumping all your dumb posts
I have seen plenty of dumb posts by many on this site. I am just having fun with him. If you stick your neck out there with such strong conviction you have to expect to be called out on it. To me it’s all just having some fun and not meant to be personal. I hope I don’t have any enemies on edgy because I do like everyone here even posters even when we disagree.. I try to be fair and not get personal. I apologize if I offended anyone. If we met in person I am sure we would get along.

Newt
I am conflicted with this match up because I am a Bama fan but I have rooted for Michigan this year because of AJ and JJ. I also like a few other players on the team. It feels like Michigan overachieves and that makes it fun. All that said in no way do I believe Michigan beats Bama. I like you actually didn’t think Bama would beat Georgia this year with that great defense, Saban gets his team prepared better than anyone. Harbaugh will be out coached and Bryce Young will drive Michigan nuts with his passing and running. They play at a different level in the SEC and Michigan will have a difficult time stopping them. IMO
I hope we get that as a title game. Think we will

Michigan D-C McDonald deserves serious consideration for assistant coach of the year.
Holding Ohio State’s offense in check was no small task. The unit seems to be peaking at the right time.
It’s going to need to progress even more to have success against the very talented SEC teams.

Reactions: corey90
I hope we get that as a title game. Think we will
Yeah
I am good with either Bama/Michigan or Bama/Cincinnati. I don’t want to see Bama/Georgia again unless it’s the championship. It would be great if it were Bama and either Michigan or Cincinnati in the championship. If Bama doesn’t make it I would like Michigan/Cincinnati championship but I doubt that’s going to happen.

I have seen plenty of dumb posts by many on this site. I am just having fun with him. If you stick your neck out there with such strong conviction you have to expect to be called out on it. To me it’s all just having some fun and not meant to be personal. I hope I don’t have any enemies on edgy because I do like everyone here even posters even when we disagree.. I try to be fair and not get personal. I apologize if I offended anyone. If we met in person I am sure we would get along.
I'm just giving you guff Corey

And Alabamas top WR will miss the CFP with an ACL.
Jameson Williams is playing. He was good at tOSU but left when he saw he was going to be our 3rd or 4th option. Bama lost a ton and he took advantage. Good for him. A situation where the portal worked out well.

Jameson Williams is playing. He was good at tOSU but left when he saw he was going to be our 3rd or 4th option. Bama lost a ton and he took advantage. Good for him. A situation where the portal worked out well.
Should have never been that low of an option. 6'3 and maybe the fastest kid in college football. He was open a lot in the game against Bama last year.

Curious, does JJ start over McNamara next year? I know the common answer would be yes, as I agree I think JJ is the better qb, but after what McNamara has been able to do and lead them to a CFP appearance how do you start JJ over him? Reminds me a lot of the Jake Fromm and Justin Fields situation at Georgia a few years ago

JJ is going to be getting Lots and Lots more ready, polished and prepared to start heading into next season. Cade might start again to open the season but I think they open up the playbook more when JJ is in the game and the things he brings to the table makes that offense that much better.

Curious, does JJ start over McNamara next year? I know the common answer would be yes, as I agree I think JJ is the better qb, but after what McNamara has been able to do and lead them to a CFP appearance how do you start JJ over him? Reminds me a lot of the Jake Fromm and Justin Fields situation at Georgia a few years ago
If they don't win the whole thing yes. I know some UM season ticket holders for 30 years and I hear that all season they've wanted him to start.

Reactions: illinifan67
I believe it will be a wide open-no holds barred competition and may the best man win. I also believe, after spending a year in the system, JJ will be better prepared for the competition from the start.

Should have never been that low of an option. 6'3 and maybe the fastest kid in college football. He was open a lot in the game against Bama last year.
He was with Olave, Wilson. Smith-Njigba, and the freshmen coming in. He is definitely a stud but he wasn’t taking looks away from the others. Bama lost a ton. OSU didn’t. Hence the move.

He was with Olave, Wilson. Smith-Njigba, and the freshmen coming in. He is definitely a stud but he wasn’t taking looks away from the others. Bama lost a ton. OSU didn’t. Hence the move.
No stud finish the year with 9 receptions no matter if the receiving room is crowded or not. Two players had high 40’s and 50’s and he had 9. If he had at least 25 catches I would agree with you. This year the WR for OS has 80, 70, 65. It’s obvious they didn’t value JW. Alabama watched him run past them all night long. They valued and respected that speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
It looks to me like he is a good recruiter of HS football talent. Making personal home visits w/staff has to make a huge impression on the kids and their parents. I like him and apparently a lot of high starred Illinois HS kids like JJ, AJ, and others do too. His players seem to like him too. He must be doing something right. He has mismanaged some high profile games but so do a lot of other college coaches.

It looks to me like he is a good recruiter of HS football talent. Making personal home visits w/staff has to make a huge impression on the kids and their parents. I like him and apparently a lot of high starred Illinois HS kids like JJ, AJ, and others do too. His players seem to like him too. He must be doing something right. He has mismanaged some high profile games but so do a lot of other college coaches.
I don't think he had problems with pro players either. Wasn't all the issues with the front office staff?

Not a Harbaugh fan in any way. But I do have to give him huge kudos for repaying these people out of his own pocket. Perhaps the UM board should learn from the example he’s setting.
Totally agree with you Jwar. I am not a fan of Harbaugh but their is no denying what he is donating to the people who were financially hurt during the pandemic. Good for him and your right the university should of stepped up.

What I remember from Harbaugh on the Bears was he was all dink and dunk passes and Ditka was a big fan of Harbaugh as a person.

AJ and JJ are the future there, but this was Michigan’s best shot until 2-3 years from now to grab a title.

AJ didn’t look bad when he got the ball. I don’t think they utilize him enough. Maybe he will start next year. When AJ gets the ball in space he is a nightmare.
Scary thing here is Michigan starting QB reminds me of Harbaugh at QB. This may have Harbaugh favor the current starter for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT