ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

It’s was a few. Like normal. Only 1 TD called back as far as I can remember. Overall not excessive in my opinion.

If they where best team in state they wouldn’t give up 28 points! Relax kid
Now that’s not a good way to look at it. We didn’t say they were superior. I would hope by the time a team reaches the semifinals, thay can at least pinch the Flyers. A win is a win. If we win state by 1 point, I don’t think the trophy would have restrictions. A win is a win. However, every playoff game thus far has been a convincing win. That speaks volume.

Why
If they where best team in state they wouldn’t give up 28 points! Relax kid

Why the need to troll and be negative? You could have stated your opinion without trying to negate his.

It was 28 to sh.. at the half; the week before was a shutout, the week prior to that was 42-0 at the end of the first QUARTER, the week prior to that was a shut out......

So they experimented a little in preparation for next week, what’s your problem???

Last edited:
That was closer than I expected. Next week might be interesting... maybe.
No disrespect to PR, but ESL pulls the Joe Frazier and comes out smokin! They will score early and often forcing PR to abandon the run and play catch-up. The Flyers roll BIG in this one!

No disrespect to PR, but ESL pulls the Joe Frazier and comes out smokin! They will score early and often forcing PR to abandon the run and play catch-up. The Flyers roll BIG in this one!

I definitely expect Eastside to win and to likely win big, but I thought the same thing the last two years against Mt. Carmel and it didn't turn out that way.

They boat raced a very good 12-0 team that slapped a CCL team around pretty good last week.
I wouldn’t read too much into that; Providence was 0-3 in CCL Conference play. However, it speaks volumes that they had a nice run during the playoffs. CCL is the toughest conference in the state...

They gave up 28 to Glenn then they would give up 50 to naz.
Garbage time points. CG offense was predominantly gimmick plays

ESL had 590 yards of total offense. 366 yards rushing. And ran out the clock on CGs 1yd line or the score would have been worse. Sunkett essentially spent the second half installing his def for PR.

From what I can gather, ESL is the perfect team and their only flaw is actually a result of treacherous refs. I will have to arrive early to catch them for sure
Not perfect. But early in the season, I wrote what I believe to be keys to them achieving greatness. They’ve not checked every box, but they are really damned good - especially the offense.

Post game quotes from the team spoke about wanting to just out physical CG - so they rushed for five straight TDs. Junior RB Demontha Witherspoon had four - then Macon added another.

ESL controlled the clock - but CG got fifty yards in the first half, resultin Qb in zero points.

The Flyer offense is tremendous! Huge line, outstanding QB, stellar RB with 34 scores on the year. The WRs are STACKED - there is not a better collection of skills guys in the state and I’d venture to say few Offenses in the country have the same fire power.

The D is solid - not great. But their size up front wreaks havoc and their DBs are excellent.

They can punt decently too - but they go for two point PATs, punching it in more than 50 percent of the time, so that’s a wash.

I think they’d beat any team in the state.

ESL is far from perfect! The best team in the state is always a pointless argument to me. Something that no one can prove.
I didn't make a claim to it anywhere interestingly enough. However we have several others doing so ITT.

I know ESL is loaded, and have been saying that for about two years now. I chalked them up to win state about three months ago. So my post is in jest obviously, but echoing the sentiments of ESL faithful OTB recently.

I didn't make a claim to it anywhere interestingly enough. However we have several others doing so ITT.

I know ESL is loaded, and have been saying that for about two years now. I chalked them up to win state about three months ago. So my post is in jest obviously, but echoing the sentiments of ESL faithful OTB recently.

There were 2 polls that went up throughout the season that allowed for posters to cast their opinions on that claim. LWE was chosen by most on the first. ESL was chosen by most on the last poll near the end of the regular season.

ESL posters didn’t create that poll. Why are you trying to insist that ESL posters are arrogant?? Why does the success of ESL offend you so much?

Not perfect. But early in the season, I wrote what I believe to be keys to them achieving greatness. They’ve not checked every box, but they are really damned good - especially the offense.

Post game quotes from the team spoke about wanting to just out physical CG - so they rushed for five straight TDs. Junior RB Demontha Witherspoon had four - then Macon added another.

ESL controlled the clock - but CG got fifty yards in the first half, resultin Qb in zero points.

The Flyer offense is tremendous! Huge line, outstanding QB, stellar RB with 34 scores on the year. The WRs are STACKED - there is not a better collection of skills guys in the state and I’d venture to say few Offenses in the country have the same fire power.

The D is solid - not great. But their size up front wreaks havoc and their DBs are excellent.

They can punt decently too - but they go for two point PATs, punching it in more than 50 percent of the time, so that’s a wash.

I think they’d beat any team in the state.
You must not have had special teams in the box :),

Reactions: Bowie50
There were 2 polls that went up throughout the season that allowed for posters to cast their opinions on that claim. LWE was chosen by most on the first. ESL was chosen by most on the last poll near the end of the regular season.

ESL posters didn’t create that poll. Why are you trying to insist that ESL posters are arrogant?? Why does the success of ESL offend you so much?
I am offended?

You all are coming off as arrogant this week, blaming refs for losses this year and in the past, and now dismissing teams you don't play. I'm not offended. I am just pointing of the tenure of your posts.

I am offended?

You all are coming off as arrogant this week, blaming refs for losses this year and in the past, and now dismissing teams you don't play. I'm not offended. I am just pointing of the tenure of your posts.
1. They havent lost this year.
2. Saying you believe esl is the best team in the state isnt dismissing anyone. Plenty of mc, Lwe, etc fans probably feel the same way

Reactions: sivada2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT