ADVERTISEMENT

Entrance Exam Today

You don't know how the Prep bowl was handled unless you are part of the program.

See that's was the problem. No announcement, no press release. When PC turned it down they put out a statement that since so many of the team were wrestler and basketball players they had to move on to their second sports.

You don't know how the Prep bowl was handled unless you are part of the program.
And by your philosophy Rice should of tested every kid on the southside since they were ranked in the country in 2016
Let's not beat this to death. Can we at least agree in retrospect the Prep Bowl thing was handled poorly?

Reactions: McCaravan
over 100 kids that tested at Rice last week filled out their survey saying that they chose Rice because of athletics.
SJF, BR's main feeder school, has at least 50 plus students at BR right now. Out of all those students, maybe 9 or 10 play sports. The majority go there because of its location, you can get there by car in about 90 seconds.

MC has really gone after NWI students hard the past few years. The ones who test there seem to stay all 4 years.

SJF, BR's main feeder school, has at least 50 plus students at BR right now. Out of all those students, maybe 9 or 10 play sports. The majority go there because of its location, you can get there by car in about 90 seconds.
Well your MC out tested them this year even with their location. It's a shame what MC is having to go thru with Phillips. IMG thing was bad enough but the Phillips thing is BS.

Well your MC out tested them this year even with their location. It's a shame what MC is having to go thru with Phillips. IMG thing was bad enough but the Phillips thing is BS.
It sucks but it's really nothing new at MC. IMG is new and I'm not seeing that happening many more times if at all. Griffith and Brown were top recruits in the nation. MC has lost many big names to Public schools over the years....Pierre Thomas and Charles Frazier were two big names, but there have been numerous other big names that have left...before Phillips it was Hubbard...remember those strong Hubbard teams in the early 2000's? Lot of MC players...they offer free tuition, good football, co-ed, FAR less discipline, less education requirements and no religion classes....We've survived and we will continue too. For the record, Billingsley didn't leave MC on his own, he got expelled and then went to Phillips.....Terrance Taylor was a love/hate situation that became disruptive and it was best he left...MC defense is a team system, not a one man wrecking crew, you gotta buy into it.

Reactions: Bowie50
Frazier was expelled as well
V. Murphy was better anyways but he left too
And that class still won state with Bolden and Smith in the backfield! Vic Murphy was a stud, I forgot where he landed. Boldens kid went to BR but I didn't see him on the roster this year...did he leave?

Bolden/smith was the 99 class
Vic Murp was 98
Bolden kid transferred to morgan park
Good kid but ton of issues.

Bolden/smith was the 99 class
Vic Murp was 98
Bolden kid transferred to morgan park
Good kid but ton of issues.
99 would have been Frazier. Boldens kid was a good LB, he would have helped last season and next, but I certainly understand losing players with issues. Addition by subtraction is a good thing

MC 98 class got their asses absolutely handed to them by BR 21-3
That was there only loss I believe until they lost to Rock Island in the quarters. Lot of juniors starting, led to a 14-0 State run the next year, which would have been Fraziers senior year.

Reactions: Bowie50
Frazier was expelled as well
V. Murphy was better anyways but he left too

Frazier wasn't expelled. He left in part due to issues with playing time on the basketball team.

Murphy was asked to leave and ended up at Morgan Park.

Ok so
Murph was asked to leave for stealing shoes out of a locker
And Frazier basically told a coach to F off so yes he was expelled

And badke brother was the QB with diehl that beat MC ass in the 97 season after frank ran up the score the year before

you are right 5-4 didnt make the playoffs that year which makes the lost for MC even worst. BR showed their potential in that game. The beauty of that game was BR beat them at their own game. MC couldnt stop badke and the option

Has anyone figured out why BR was down 70 this year? I known from several BR posters they are down on the current admin. But my buddy at DLS say BR worked just as hard as anyone else. Was there any indication in the survey that was different from the last few years?
I’m thinking that parents have grown tired of the “ you can be assured that your child is going to a safe environment for high school”. I have gone through this process of open houses at a couple of schools with 2 sons. Those statements are direct shots at MC and SR. Most of the kids that go to MC and SR have fathers, grandfather, cousins and brothers who went there. My son is a sophomore At SR. He doesn’t play football but that’s not the reason he chose to go there. It’s the best decision he ever made. We went to Open houses and we let him make the decision on his own. Of course I always wanted him to go to SR. But after shadowing there , he said Dad I feel at home there. I knew he would. But it was nice for him to see that. We have an 8th grader who tested there last week. Also, with the new leadership at SR, the change of the entrance test, and offering a 10,000 scholarship over four years if your child tests above 96 on the test parents are definitely looking more closely at SR. For a family with more than 1 kid in high school that 10,000 off tuition looks appealing.

I’m thinking that parents have grown tired of the “ you can be assured that your child is going to a safe environment for high school”. I have gone through this process of open houses at a couple of schools with 2 sons. Those statements are direct shots at MC and SR. Most of the kids that go to MC and SR have fathers, grandfather, cousins and brothers who went there. My son is a sophomore At SR. He doesn’t play football but that’s not the reason he chose to go there. It’s the best decision he ever made. We went to Open houses and we let him make the decision on his own. Of course I always wanted him to go to SR. But after shadowing there , he said Dad I feel at home there. I knew he would. But it was nice for him to see that. We have an 8th grader who tested there last week. Also, with the new leadership at SR, the change of the entrance test, and offering a 10,000 scholarship over four years if your child tests above 96 on the test parents are definitely looking more closely at SR. For a family with more than 1 kid in high school that 10,000 off tuition looks appealing.

My nephew was co-valedictorian of his grade school and then at SR. The top two finishers at all Augustinian High Schools get a full scholarship to Villanova. He turned it down and went to ND instead. But that’s a great sales point. Many years that scholarship makes it down to the 7-10th place finisher.

About 50 alumni went to mass yesterday with the boys prior to our luncheon. Great group of kids. Good news on the aid front for your boys. The capital budget is ahead of schedule for the fitness center, new gym floor and another out building by the baseball diamond with locker room facilities and other projects. Whenever there is fund-raising for capital projects the annual appeal normally falls off. This year to date there has already been a 30% increase. Winterfest raffle tickets for the winter fund-raiser are up 200% over the same time last year. So any tuition increase should be minimal. Let us hope your boy gets some of that scholarship money.

Last edited:
That's Great to hear at SR. every catholic school should strive for that type of alumni involvement, love that mass was part of event.
Holy Day of Obligation - Feast of the Immaculate Conception .

They did ask about amending our wills for the school!

BR oldest alumni are getting about that age now!:)

Maybe Bowie50 could setup a juice bar in the fitness center......

Don’t forget the “Bowie50 Nutrition Bars”. That nutrition bar name has a real ring to it!! With a little Marketing and a good tasting recipe, could be a Huge money maker!!... with 10% of the net proceeds going to....!!!!!

We have changes in the works at Rice - may not be overnite, but they're coming and many of us alums are excited about what they will lead to.

Reactions: krock the house
50% is very low and we know that the rate is close to 70%, Krock you don’t know anything about history of DLS. Typical Brother Rice guy trying to spin it where Rice is the greatest and they’ll be fine. Right now, BR puts the Fun in dysfunctional. DLS will have a Co Ed Freshmen class of 275, very very good numbers
actually know a lot about the history of DLS and Im not spinning anything. Im pretty sure I have said that Rice has many issues.

Last edited:
De La Salle make up test is December 16
Oops! I thought it was this past Saturday.

Question: Phillips is breaking the unwritten rule of recruiting off of other high school rosters. Is save to assume that once a kid test at a school the other schools stop contact with those kids?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT