ADVERTISEMENT

Cubs in WS

It's amazing how childishly bitter some White Sox fans are choosing to be.

I as a Cub fan rooted for the Sox in 2005. I root for Chicago teams in the post season.

Your failure to grasp the magnitude of what happened Wednesday night is unfortunate.

As a Cub fan I will cherish what happened Wednesday night for the rest of my life because I don't know if it will happen again. I assume that the White Sox fans still feel the same about 2005.

Don't recall many Cubs fans on here 11 years ago diminishing what the Sox accomplished. The need by you to try and do so is pretty sad.
Newt:

I will say again, this guy is the most pathetic person I have ever come across on a board or in person and that takes in a lot of people. He continues to display his hatred, bitterness and intolerance for anyone who disagrees with him.

His jealousy is on display again because, like PJJP said, the White Sox are a team that plays in a big market but in reality is a middle market team. Guys like him can't stand the fact that the Cubs have such a huge following nationwide.

Right now, with him, it is a ridiculous argument to say the Cubs needed 7 games to win as if it tarnishes what they accomplished. What will this buffoon say if the Cubs win it all again next year or the year after?

Last edited:
Wow. Here's the self-appointed king of accuracy who jumps all over people if they say anything he deems incorrect.

A simple google search would have told you that the White Sox did not win four games by a single run -- they won two games by one run and two games by two runs. The Astros had a great season that year; they looked weak in the series only because the Sox swept them. The Indians are the weak team. They choked after a three games to one lead. I congratulate the Cubs on their series win, but it was done on the cheap.

Many of you guys took shots, and you're welcome to do so, but you're the champions by the slightest of margins. The White Sox kicked ass.

BTW, Dr Miracle, do you keep copies of posts from 6 to 8 months ago? Are you keeping tabs on me and Wassup? Enjoy your next rant.
No one took a shot at you MC63. You threw out the first shot and people exposed you for being the little man you are. It doesn't matter how many games it takes a team to win a championship in baseball. The first team to win four games in the WS wins it. Your argument is something I would expect out of a third grader.

And it's not a matter of me keeping copies of what is posted here. If you search you can find everything that was said before the season started. Unlike you, I just happen to have a good memory.

Do you honestly think anyone around the city of Chicago cares how many games it took for the Sox to win the WS in 2005? Shit, I forgot they won 2 games by 2 runs. Goes to show you how important that was. It's ancient history for some people.

Your posts would be laughable if they weren't so pathetic. Get over yourself, you bitter old man.

I said it before to friends and I will say it here. The 2016 Chicago Cubs were the best Chicago baseball team I have ever seen. Not just because of this season though, but because they have a good chance of going back to the WS. The Sox caught lightning in a bottle in 2005. Almost none of the players on that team had another year as good as 2005. Guys on this Cub team will have good years in the future. AND the Cubs have a FAR better owner who actually cares about winning. The Sox are a mess. And that from a Sox fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjjp
I've been told off by the immortal Bowie and Sundown. I'll have to struggle through the heartbreak. Answer a few questions for me, boys: Do you use the term "Cubbies" to refer to your team. Did you want to "win it for Harry?" Do you consider Jim Belushi to be a celebrity? Thanks. I'm trying to gauge how shallow you are.
Amazing how you make such a childish post in your initial one on this thread and then have the audacity to call anyone else shallow.

So what. So who cares if they did win it for Harry, or Jack Brickhouse, or Bill Murray, Jim Belushi, John Cusak or anyone else? How does that make your already pathetic life any worse?

Just do us all a favor and walk away from the board and suck your thumb some more.

Last edited:
It's amazing how childishly bitter some White Sox fans are choosing to be.
d634b94d834165d435956692c518095b.jpg

Go Cubs!

Reactions: Gene K.
Damn ... three long-winded posts from one guy. Doc, you must have a lot of free time.

I'm sure your bellowing arrogance is influential to some people -- there's evidence on this board. To me, however, you're nothing more than a narrow-minded bully.

Damn ... three long-winded posts from one guy. Doc, you must have a lot of free time.

I'm sure your bellowing arrogance is influential to some people -- there's evidence on this board. To me, however, you're nothing more than a narrow-minded bully.

MC63 - now you are just name calling.
What is narrow-minded or bullyish about what Doc said? He's just calling you out for ignorant statements.

MC63 - now you are just name calling.
What is narrow-minded or bullyish about what Doc said? He's just calling you out for ignorant statements.

If you post an opinion he disagrees with, you're likely to get a 400 word rant in response. Not only does he scream that you're wrong, but he throws in personal shots, a well. To me, narrow-minded and bully seem quite appropriate.

He might intimidate many of you, but not me. I stood up to #77 and he was worse than your buddy.

I said what I said and I stand by it. If you wish to disagree, fine, but please be civil and adult.

So bitter so sad
Exactly Newt.

Guys you are not going to get through to this guy so you are wasting your time. He is old and he is angry and he is always angry about something. This is his latest anger.

There was no reason for him to come into this thread and throw a bomb, but that is what he does. He has a long habit of doing just that. He did the same thing when the JRW little league baseball thread was here. There is no doubt in my mind he does it in an attempt to blow up the thread. And it has worked in some cases.

He had to know there was going to be a reaction from several posters when he posted his ignorance. Trust me he does NOT represent the majority of Sox fans out there. Not even close. I am happy to see my Cub fan friends experience something I experienced in 2005.

Jealousy and bitterness are ugly things. He really needs to deal with his anger issues.

If you post an opinion he disagrees with, you're likely to get a 400 word rant in response. Not only does he scream that you're wrong, but he throws in personal shots, a well. To me, narrow-minded and bully seem quite appropriate.

He might intimidate many of you, but not me. I stood up to #77 and he was worse than your buddy.

I said what I said and I stand by it. If you wish to disagree, fine, but please be civil and adult.
I am not here to intimidate anyone. This IS a football board so I am sure there are very few who will be intimidated. But, I will point out ignorance when I see it, and your posts are ignorant, intolerant and narrow-minded. But I don't expect anything else from someone like you.

Get help.

Guys think about it. We know who MC63 is. We all run into him every day don't we?

He's the guy who we see driving on one of the three lane expressways all the way in the left lane going 55mph and irritating everyone.

He's the guy we pull up at the same time at the stop sign with who just has to go first and never waves us to go ahead.

He's the guy we see in line at the grocery store when we have two or three items in our hand and he is in front of us with a cart of 50 items, but won't let us go ahead of him because he got there first.

He's the guy who cuts us off at the gas station so he can get to the pump first.

He's the guy who yells at the children in the neighborhood to get off his lawn.

He's the guy who has the lights off and the doors locked in his house on Halloween night.

He's the guy who goes to a HS football game and then complains when HS kids act like kids.

He's the guy who starts his lawnmower up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning just to aggravate the neighbors who had a party the night before he wasn't invited to.

he's the guy who says we need to conserve energy and we pollute too much while riding in his SUV.

He's the guy who never has anything positive to say in any conversation.

See what I mean? We know this guy. No rant...no anger, just pointing out some things.

Guys think about it. We know who MC63 is. We all run into him every day don't we?

He's the guy who we see driving on one of the three lane expressways all the way in the left lane going 55mph and irritating everyone.

He's the guy we pull up at the same time at the stop sign with who just has to go first and never waves us to go ahead.

He's the guy we see in line at the grocery store when we have two or three items in our hand and he is in front of us with a cart of 50 items, but won't let us go ahead of him because he got there first.

He's the guy who cuts us off at the gas station so he can get to the pump first.

He's the guy who yells at the children in the neighborhood to get off his lawn.

He's the guy who has the lights off and the doors locked in his house on Halloween night.

He's the guy who goes to a HS football game and then complains when HS kids act like kids.

He's the guy who starts his lawnmower up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning just to aggravate the neighbors who had a party the night before he wasn't invited to.

he's the guy who says we need to conserve energy and we pollute too much while riding in his SUV.

He's the guy who never has anything positive to say in any conversation.

See what I mean? We know this guy. No rant...no anger, just pointing out some things.

I hope your minions realize that you're the one keeping all of this going with cheap, personal shots. Are you Donald Trump?

I hope your minions realize that you're the one keeping all of this going with cheap, personal shots. Are you Donald Trump?

He's got you pegged you miserable #%\]~<

What an ass you are.

He's got you pegged you miserable #%\]~<

What an ass you are.

Cubs win World Series after 108 years in what many feel could possibly been the most entertaining game in the history of baseball? People who were not even baseball fans were feeling their harts pounding in that game. I see with the exception of a few, many Sox fans were even rooting for the Cubs and Chicago for bringing home another Championship to our city. MC, MC63 and others can pout and act like idiots but nothing is going to take away the Cubs Championship. I have a feeling we will hear them again over the next few years because this Cub organization has its shit together and this team is young and only going to get even better. So yes I use the terms Cubs Win
Go Cubs go, Go Cubbies etc. I am happy to say the Cubs won the series for all past & present players/fans. Banks, Santo, Sandburg, Sosa, Dawson, Wood, Prior, Bartman, Harry, The Goat & any others I am forgetting.
The Cubs are 2016 World Series Champions!
Wow I can't believe it, I saw it with my own eyes in my life time! Cub fans let's soak it in! "W"

Corey,

I'm being serious here -- but what a great moment it would be if Steve Bartman threw out the first pitch to Moises Alou for the home opener.

Again, I don't mean to always brings up the Bartman issue but this would put everything to rest and bring baseball nation closer together.

Wassup

Reactions: PRokie
Corey,

I'm being serious here -- but what a great moment it would be if Steve Bartman threw out the first pitch to Moises Alou for the home opener.

Again, I don't mean to always brings up the Bartman issue but this would put everything to rest and bring baseball nation closer together.

Wassup
You are so weird and obsessed with that story. What don't you understand about wanting to be left alone.

Corey,

Wassup

As much undeserved crap as that guy took, why should he? It's things like this that make Sox fans shake their heads at Cub fans. Ruin the guys life over a baseball play...sheesh.

I apologize. I shouldnt have made the post. I didn't realize how offensive it was to those with special needs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT