ADVERTISEMENT

Naz 21 Carmel 17 - victory formation

tuccs

Sep 30, 2011
I think this time it really IS Thursday and no real chatter yet on this preordained classic. Let's break this one down to kill the time before kickoff.

I will admit I am an ignorant homer and know very little outside of The Beloved. What are the feelings on this one? They played last year and Naz bested them by two scores. Naz returns a lot from that team did Carmel get some new players or something?

I see they have quite the record but I am not sure (again ignorant homer) how tough of a schedule they played. I am hearing how they are back and there seems to be a lot of posters thinking they will win this one. Especially after putting up 50 on the "formidable" Sequoits who went undefeated against the very stout competition found in schools like Lakes and North Chicago.

On the flip side the meek and lowly "lucky to still be playing" 6-5 Roadrunners who lost to the 2023 5a State Champs, St Francis by 3 scores 464 hours ago (and counting just ask their fans) played 7 playoff teams this season, went into a 5a favorite's home field and dominated the game to move on to shutout a 9-1 GBS team and win by over 40.

Let's hear it. Who will move on to lose to the already crowned champs from Wheaton who beat the overrated Roadrunners 27,899 minutes ago?

Carmel too was young last year and returns a ton. Very big up front on both lines. Played Mt. Carmel through 3 quarters it seems. Carmel and Naz seem to be peaking at the right time. Should be a great game. I expect a tough atmosphere.

If you have done your playoff ritual we are in good hands.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
I think this time it really IS Thursday and no real chatter yet on this preordained classic. Let's break this one down to kill the time before kickoff.

I will admit I am an ignorant homer and know very little outside of The Beloved. What are the feelings on this one? They played last year and Naz bested them by two scores. Naz returns a lot from that team did Carmel get some new players or something?

I see they have quite the record but I am not sure (again ignorant homer) how tough of a schedule they played. I am hearing how they are back and there seems to be a lot of posters thinking they will win this one. Especially after putting up 50 on the "formidable" Sequoits who went undefeated against the very stout competition found in schools like Lakes and North Chicago.

On the flip side the meek and lowly "lucky to still be playing" 6-5 Roadrunners who lost to the 2023 5a State Champs, St Francis by 3 scores 464 hours ago (and counting just ask their fans) played 7 playoff teams this season, went into a 5a favorite's home field and dominated the game to move on to shutout a 9-1 GBS team and win by over 40.

Let's hear it. Who will move on to lose to the already crowned champs from Wheaton who beat the overrated Roadrunners 27,899 minutes ago?
No doubt that Naz is lucky to still be playing with how the qualifiers went. But I don't think anyone would use the adjectives meek or lowly. The only adjective I have heard thrown around for them in recent weeks is "dangerous."

This will be a good game. Not sure who is going to win.

Reactions: Gene K.
Carmel too was young last year and returns a ton. Very big up front on both lines. Played Mt. Carmel through 3 quarters it seems. Carmel and Naz seem to be peaking at the right time. Should be a great game. I expect a tough atmosphere.

If you have done your playoff ritual we are in good hands.
Wasn't Naz young last year too? I have heard Carmel is pretty big. Hoping our speed can neutralize that. Don't worry about the ritual that wall is taking a beating.

Last year I saw Carmel get stomped by Sycamore, and the following week saw Naz beat Sycamore. It's hard to get that out of my mind. I have no idea what to expect this week but plan to be there.

Reactions: big daddy looch
Naz is Naz, and I'm confident that every CCHS player and coach who puts on a jersey or a coaching shirt Saturday fully understands what CCHS is up against.

Naz is explosive and their big threat, IMO, is their QB's ability to gash teams with his feet. Not taking anything away from his passing abilities, because he IS very capable. Naz QB is right there with Jack Elliot from what I saw when CCHS played MC this season.

Big plays hurt CCHS vs Naz last year, and that can can easily happen again. We have to play a perfect game, which isn't easy.

CCHS folks have a LOT of respect for the Roadrunners. Something they're not getting from WSF fans.

Looking forward to a great game!

No doubt that Naz is lucky to still be playing with how the qualifiers went. But I don't think anyone would use the adjectives meek or lowly. The only adjective I have heard thrown around for them in recent weeks is "dangerous."

This will be a good game. Not sure who is going to win.
Look, there are certain things that come along with being an Irish(/Italian) Catholic. Superstitions, eternal pessimism, going to church on Christmas and Easter, and being a Notre Dame Fan and as a Notre Dame Fan I tend to "Lou Holtz" the hell out of my teams so you may think they are dangerous but I assure you they are meek and lowly.

Oddy, last season's playoff loss to Sycamore was one of the worst showings for CCHS in a playoff game, ever.

I'm still eating crow on this board with my prediction that we would not only challenge, but win.

Holy cow was I wrong.

Last year I saw Carmel get stomped by Sycamore, and the following week saw Naz beat Sycamore. It's hard to get that out of my mind. I have no idea what to expect this week but plan to be there.
This is where my questions are coming from. I am in no way disrespecting a fellow ESCC team. I love that Carmel "is back" and know all to well how big they grow them up there. My senior year I had the "privilege" of playing against "The Great Wall of Carmel" the year they won the championship.

Naz is Naz, and I'm confident that every CCHS player and coach who puts on a jersey or a coaching shirt Saturday fully understands what CCHS is up against.

Naz is explosive and their big threat, IMO, is their QB's ability to gash teams with his feet. Not taking anything away from his passing abilities, because he IS very capable. Naz QB is right there with Jack Elliot from what I saw when CCHS played MC this season.

Big plays hurt CCHS vs Naz last year, and that can can easily happen again. We have to play a perfect game, which isn't easy.

CCHS folks have a LOT of respect for the Roadrunners. Something they're not getting from WSF fans.

Looking forward to a great game!
I think it will be a great game and have seen absolutely ZERO disrespect for Naz coming from CCHS fans. You may be right, there may be some fans from some teams that do not respect Naz. But when they lose to arguably the number 1 team in the country by 3 scores 1,673,987 seconds ago thus essentially becoming that team's super bowl, you deserve the disrespect that comes with it. As for Carmel though, I think there is definitely a mutual respect and I am bummed someone has to stop playing after this weekend. I just hope it's you guys, no offense.

Oddy, last season's playoff loss to Sycamore was one of the worst showings for CCHS in a playoff game, ever.

I'm still eating crow on this board with my prediction that we would not only challenge, but win.

Holy cow was I wrong.
It's OK. The following week Naz made not only their entire fan base eat crow but also most of the private school haters on the board who said it was Sycamore's year.

It's OK. The following week Naz made not only their entire fan base eat crow but also most of the private school haters on the board who said it was Sycamore's year.
I'm still thawing out from that game.

Reactions: eireog
I’m curious on this one. Carmel showed speed last week (first time watching this year) that I haven’t seen from them in a long time.

I think offensively they can match Nazareth. I also don’t think the big game environment will matter to Carmel considering who is on their sidelines.

I’d be really surprised if this game was decided by more than one score.

CC ain't no joke. Played MC tough for three quarters. 14-10 at the half, 22-16 at end of third, then MC put it away in the fourth.

Could Naz hang with MC? Just asking.

Last edited:
Reactions: USD24
I agree there is nothing but respect here on both sides.

The more physical team will win, not necessarily bigger [CCHS] or faster [Nazareth], but whichever translates the speed or size to physical play.

The more physical team will win the turnover battle.

Is it time for the return of the INP? I could try to circle up the old crowd!
My superstitious self says you are right on time my friend. It was about this time
Last year that the INP bat symbol was lit. Now put on your chef hat and start stirring that pot with us like the Swedish chef!

My superstitious self says you are right on time my friend. It was about this time
Last year that the INP bat symbol was lit. Now put on your chef hat and start stirring that pot with us like the Swedish chef!
Well I am Polish, German, and Irish, with a lil Italian mixed in, but I do work for a company based in Uppsala so I can ask for some Swedish recipes to get the party started!

CC ain't no joke. Played MC tough for three quarters. 14-10 at the half, 22-16 at end of third, then MC put it away in the fourth.

Could Naz hang with MC? Just asking.
Of course not Silver Rain. No one can hang with the caravan, right? Do you guys really have to hijack every single thread? I have heard that there are other teams in Illinois besides Mt, Carmel. Can you possibly stay in your lane?

I like CoM here. For whatever reason, I just think this is their year. I think their physical game will wear Naz down and they have the athletes to limit Naz' explosiveness. Com 35 Naz 21

Of course not Silver Rain. No one can hang with the caravan, right? Do you guys really have to hijack every single thread? I have heard that there are other teams in Illinois besides Mt, Carmel. Can you possibly stay in your lane?

Don't be a jagoff.

• Haha
Untitled-design.png

Snopes has reported this claim as Unfounded. This rating applies to a claim that we have investigated but found no demonstrable evidence to support it. Such claims typically originate as hearsay, speculation, or groundless rumor.

Goodness gracious…saying Naz shouldn’t be crowned the 5A favorite going into the playoffs with a 4-5 record counts as disrespect these days…wow have times changed and the populous has gotten soft.

Look at my posts saying how dangerous Naz is and how good they are. My positive comments have far outweighed anything else.

At least tuccs “no one respects Naz” bit is funny.

Between this and the Loyola second stringers I’m going to have an aneurysm….

Last edited:
Reactions: gobears25
What do you mean funny? Funny how?

Couldn’t resist 🤷‍♂️🤌🏻

I like CoM here. For whatever reason, I just think this is their year. I think their physical game will wear Naz down and they have the athletes to limit Naz' explosiveness. Com 35 Naz 21
USD24, was thinking about you oddly enough when I was in Carlsbad few weeks back…nothing better that area and the USD campus further south! Now that we’ve said that, can I get some Naz +14 action…please! I’d like to get my new Boat!

USD24, was thinking about you oddly enough when I was in Carlsbad few weeks back…nothing better that area and the USD campus further south! Now that we’ve said that, can I get some Naz +14 action…please! I’d like to get my new Boat!
Parlay it with JJ! Sorry had to!

I think it will be a great game and have seen absolutely ZERO disrespect for Naz coming from CCHS fans. You may be right, there may be some fans from some teams that do not respect Naz. But when they lose to arguably the number 1 team in the country by 3 scores 1,673,987 seconds ago thus essentially becoming that team's super bowl, you deserve the disrespect that comes with it. As for Carmel though, I think there is definitely a mutual respect and I am bummed someone has to stop playing after this weekend. I just hope it's you guys, no offense.
Naz' first real respectable win in the (former) ESCC came vs a very good Carmel team on a Saturday in LGP in the pre-turf days.

Maybe, in 2007?

I remember it well for the first time it felt like Naz was on the map and we made the right move. Then a few years later came the JCA win at JCA that solidified it all at least in my eyes. My how far we have come.

It's why I don't mind fan bases getting excited. Why I welcome Murph and his cohorts from Frankie's.

Teams and fans making a huge deal about tradition and blue bloods in HS and college is so dumb. Yes, some folks have it, but it means absolutely nothing to anyone outside your school and maybe small groupings of schools. And means nothing to players on the fields.

Schools come and go, sometimes out of nowhere or unexpectedly.

I think Carmel is definitely the favorite but it is hard to pick against a Racki coached team in November especially one with experience.

It's why I don't mind fan bases getting excited. Why I welcome Murph and his cohorts from Frankie's.

Teams and fans making a huge deal about tradition and blue bloods in HS and college is so dumb. Yes, some folks have it, but it means absolutely nothing to anyone outside your school and maybe small groupings of schools. And means nothing to players on the fields.

Schools come and go, sometimes out of nowhere or unexpectedly.
All insane posses welcome

Reactions: epicbret
That’s not a bad idea, but I just can’t bet against my team. I thought it was funny that ESPN has it as a coin flip!
It’s at Penn St., the drama surrounding Harbaugh, Michigan being untested so far. I’m seeing a 4.5 point spread as I type. I’d say that’s about right. I’m not a betting man but seems like a reasonable line to a casual observer.

What do you think about the Harbaugh suspension? The NCAA is in the middle of an investigation and the Big Ten brings down a season ending suspension. Shouldn’t the NCAA investigation be allowed to come to a conclusion before discipline is rendered? Has the Big Ten been doing its own investigation? This struck me as an odd rush to judgement today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT