ADVERTISEMENT

Changes need to be made!!

Its not an advantage if every school can do it... and since you are the expert on Rochester football, can you give me a list of all these move ins over the last 10 years?? Which kids on this years roster was not in Rochester schools in 7th grade?

The point of classes is not to see what school can get the most move ins to make themselves the best. If that was the case there should be no classes at all.

If you give enough chimps word processors they'll type the bible too, since you'll need an explanation that means, if you throw enough shit at the wall some will stick!

Give me a few examples of when I was wrong

The point of classes is not to see what school can get the most move ins to make themselves the best. If that was the case there should be no classes at all.

Did you forget to list all of these recent transfers?

So you have no rebuttle. Got it.
Rebuttal to what? What you said makes no sense unless you can give an example of a school that gets a bunch of transfers each year...

But I agree with you, what Phillips is doing is not what IHSA football needs..

HHS,

Regarding the whole 30 mile radius and the like and the advantage you feel it provides, I'm open to opening up the recruiting to every school like we have in PA. If a student wants to go to a school and doesn't live in the district, he/she can attend the chosen public school for the cost of tuition which equals what is spent on the average student for the year(you saying paying tuition is not a disadvantage so this is no problem, right?). If they live in a "failing school" and decide to go to a different school that is passing the state standard, then the transferring school also transfers their state and local funding to the receiving school and the student is then billed or refunded the difference for their tuition. This "open boundaries" for "all" levels the playing field for both quality education and sports performance, while giving the students and parents a choice. The next issue to clear in PA will be tuition vouchers and could be coming in Illinois as well. So how's separation looking to everyone now!

Give me a list proving all of their players had been in the district since 5th grade.

Are any of the I-8 teams playing in 5a? Most of them are 4a aren't they? They haven't played 4a since 2004. Second when PR is to continue to send people to play D1 are they going to be recruiting too? Either way you said that they are continuously getting the top talent from their area, and that's not true whether it is small school or big school. So unless you're saying you're taking back that comment then you're still wrong. Do they have the best talent in their class maybe, but they don't get the top talent from their area every year.
Streator made the playoffs for the first time as an I-8 member in 5A this year...rest of I-8 large is 4A. Sandwich was on the 4A/5A border not too many years ago... Herscher is dropping towards 3A quickly...I-8 small is all 3A...10 years ago like 8 conference schools were between 560-600 kids...

Reactions: lkhammer57
HHS,

Regarding the whole 30 mile radius and the like and the advantage you feel it provides, I'm open to opening up the recruiting to every school like we have in PA. If a student wants to go to a school and doesn't live in the district, he/she can attend the chosen public school for the cost of tuition which equals what is spent on the average student for the year(you saying paying tuition is not a disadvantage so this is no problem, right?). If they live in a "failing school" and decide to go to a different school that is passing the state standard, then the transferring school also transfers their state and local funding to the receiving school and the student is then billed or refunded the difference for their tuition. This "open boundaries" for "all" levels the playing field for both quality education and sports performance, while giving the students and parents a choice. The next issue to clear in PA will be tuition vouchers and could be coming in Illinois as well. So how's separation looking to everyone now!

Sure, assuming two conditions:

1. Private schools have to open up their books to audits so the IHSA can verify the athletes are paying tuition.

2. All private schools are required to meet the same mandates as the public schools.

Okay then the state can provide the vouchers as provided in other states.

Regardless of what you want to peddle the kids parents ARE PAYING Tuition! Stop your BS.

Sure, assuming two conditions:

1. Private schools have to open up their books to audits so the IHSA can verify the athletes are paying tuition.

2. All private schools are required to meet the same mandates as the public schools.

Okay then the state can provide the vouchers as provided in other states.

Regardless of what you want to peddle the kids parents ARE PAYING Tuition! Stop your BS.

If you think all of the parents are paying tuition you are a bigger fool than I thought

I know you are trolling at this point but that is a huge advantage.
What I find interesting is Rochester has 4 soccer state trophies since 2006...apparently they aren't just moving there for football...

Or...maybe SHG hasn't been as dominant as they were in the past...Is it possible that families that would have sent their kids to SHG have moved to Rochester to play for a Leonard without paying tuition...

There are scholarships available that are based on Need, do you have a problem with that? Those scholarships are evaluated by an independent third party clearinghouse, none of these cover tuition in full as you are implying in fact they don't even cover half of the tuition. Get your facts in check.

If you think all of the parents are paying tuition you are a bigger fool than I thought

What I find interesting is Rochester has 4 soccer state trophies since 2006...apparently they aren't just moving there for football...

Or...maybe SHG hasn't been as dominant as they were in the past...Is it possible that families that would have sent their kids to SHG have moved to Rochester to play for a Leonard without paying tuition...

I realize the experts here know everything there is about Rochester.. but this year they had a grand total of ONE kid in the program that wasn’t in that district in kindergarten.. ONE

There are scholarships available that are based on Need, do you have a problem with that? Those scholarships are evaluated by an independent third party clearinghouse, none of these cover tuition in full as you are implying in fact they don't even cover half of the tuition. Get your facts in check.

LOL, do you really believe that? If you do, that explains a lot.. how do you possibly know that kids at every school are paying their own way even after financial aid is applied?

Last edited:
Okay so open borders for all, open books for all, and no multiplier or success factor for all. Is that something your onboard for? Don't forget vouchers too? One other thing is it all about coaching or all about the talent the school has?

LOL, do you really believe that? If you do, that explains a lot

Okay so open borders for all, open books for all, and no multiplier or success factor for all. Is that something your onboard for? Don't forget vouchers too? One other thing is it all about coaching or all about the talent the school has?

And all private schools need to agree to all mandates that the public schools must follow..

I realize the experts here know everything there is about Rochester.. but this year they had a grand total of ONE kid in the program that wasn’t in that district in kindergarten.. ONE
Are you kidding. They've had multiple transfers and it's known.

Rebuttal to what? What you said makes no sense unless you can give an example of a school that gets a bunch of transfers each year...

But I agree with you, what Phillips is doing is not what IHSA football needs..
If you complain they play that good ole race card.Look at JRW Little League had kids from Lansing,South Holland & further.And STILL expected LL to give them a free pass

Reactions: Gene K.
Are you kidding. They've had multiple transfers and it's known.

Then name them...

Cox twins came over from Williamsville in a move that was not initiated by football and they were studs.. a couple of years ago was a transfer that people made a big deal out of, the kid didn’t even start.. #15 this year was from Chatham, he went to live with his dad..

So in 10 year run, three kids that started? WOW

Then name them...

Cox twins came over from Williamsville in a move that was not initiated by football and they were studs.. a couple of years ago was a transfer that people made a big deal out of, the kid didn’t even start.. #15 this year was from Chatham, he went to live with his dad..

"not initiated by football"

LOL

Then name them...

All.... Wrong (what a surprise) The twins had issues in Williamsville but when they had enough with Bullet nonsense it was about getting a trophy and a ring at Rochester. That was their FIRST consideration, which is fine. They were not about to go back to their old school district before attending Williamsville which was Lanphier H.S. in Springfield. I know the family quite well by the way. Ratsy

All.... Wrong (what a surprise) The twins had issues in Williamsville but when they had enough with Bullet nonsense it was about getting a trophy and a ring at Rochester. That was their FIRST consideration, which is fine. They were not about to go back to their old school district before attending Williamsville which was Lanphier H.S. in Springfield. I know the family quite well by the way. Ratsy

The dad said on another forum that if not for the incidents. they would have remained at Williamsville.. only way I am wrong is if the dad is wrong..

And beyond the reasons for these two kids transferring, even you and your hatred/jealousy for Rochester can't provide a list of transfers...

The dad said on another forum that if not for the incidents. they would have remained at Williamsville.. only way I am wrong is if the dad is wrong..

And beyond the reasons for these two kids transferring, even you and your hatred/jealousy for Rochester can't provide a list of transfers...

Provide a list of all the names of current football players currently going to private school for free.

Provide a list of all the names of current football players currently going to private school for free.

Information I am asking you to back up is very simple to obtain...

What you are asking for is much tougher.. but for decades Mac has brought in kids from Pembroke JHS, a couple each year.. and that school is often 100% low income, imagine no running water and dirt floors.. But they have $8K for tuition??? Of course not, but I know the guys that did write the checks..

Information I am asking you to back up is very simple to obtain...

What you are asking for is much tougher.. but for decades Mac has brought in kids from Pembroke JHS, a couple each year.. and that school is often 100% low income, imagine no running water and dirt floors.. But they have $8K for tuition??? Of course not, but I know the guys that did write the checks..
"some guys" writing checks is different than private schools giving kids a free ride. Lucky for those Pembroke kids they can get $7,500 from the state starting this year.

I love the phrasing in your second sentence........

I'm curious: while all of the adults squabble over classifications, success factors, multipliers, and "recruiting," is there any data that suggests the actual kids who are playing give a hoot about any of this?

"some guys" writing checks is different than private schools giving kids a free ride. Lucky for those Pembroke kids they can get $7,500 from the state starting this year.

Also just as illegal in the eyes of the IHSA if caught

I love the phrasing in your second sentence........

I'm just waiting for the list.. I keep hear about all of these transfers that the private school guys are claiming they get.. but not one of you have came up with a name of a kid that's transferred.

I'm just waiting for the list.. I keep hear about all of these transfers that the private school guys are claiming they get.. but not one of you have came up with a name of a kid that's transferred.

You have yet to list a kid that is going for free by name. Works both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT