ADVERTISEMENT

Changes need to be made!!

For the people who say kids aren't paid more if they are good at sports financial aid wise, I have to disagree. While it might not happen at all schools, it definitely does happen. The most recent I can think of is a pair of twins couldn't go to a private school due to the financial burden. Financial aid was offered, but still not enough. So the boys went to their public school football practice for a couple days before...look at that! More money was found! I'm pretty sure their test scores didn't jump up over night, and their financial situation had not changed either.
If they practiced at the public school they would be ineligible to compete. What a waste of scholarship money.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
So, within two days, the school somehow heard through the grapevine about the kid attending the public school practice and decided to cough up more dough? That's some assumption.

If they practiced at the public school they would be ineligible to compete. What a waste of scholarship money.

Could have been summer activities. Plus if they are Freshman no one really checks or cares about Frosh sports.

Reactions: PowerI66
Could have been summer activities. Plus if they are Freshman no one really checks or cares about Frosh sports.
Correct. It was summer. The reason I brought it up isn't for the kids (definitely went to a better football school), just to share a circumstance. And to be clear, I know of bad situations with kids bouncing around public schools as well. I just never like the "holier than thou" approach to the public v private argument.

Alas you are taking the same holier than thou approach and see no issue with it as long as it is applied to publics?

Correct. It was summer. The reason I brought it up isn't for the kids (definitely went to a better football school), just to share a circumstance. And to be clear, I know of bad situations with kids bouncing around public schools as well. I just never like the "holier than thou" approach to the public v private argument.

Yes I can see why I lost you, you still believe the Illini are going to have success in the near future.
Oh boy are you off. I don't support U of I in any way shape or form. Not even sure where you pulled that from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT